Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mark & Michael - TAR 14

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Mark & Michael - TAR 14

Mark Munoz (48)
    Michael Munoz (51)

Hometown: Los Angeles, Calif./Maui, Hawaii
    Relationship: Brothers/Stuntmen

This Team of brothers has been competing – against everyone else and each other – their entire life. Standing at 4’ 9” these married fathers are ready to prove they have what it takes to win one-million dollars.

Mark makes his living as a stuntman and occasionally works as a jockey. This father of two is looking forward to running the Race with his brother in order to continue building on their relationship. Mark believes that the biggest advantage he and his teammate have over their competition is their fitness level and ability to make split second decisions, a skill they have mastered after years of working in physically and mentally demanding fields. Mark enjoys skiing, biking and golfing and describes himself as short, athletic and creative.

Michael is looking forward to working on communication issues he and his brother have had with each other in the past. Michael, also a father of two, splits his time between Maui and Los Angeles. His favorite hobbies include playing music and surfing. He claims that the biggest difference between the two is that he is the surfer and Mark is the skier. Both have worked extensively in films and television including the feature films “Van Helsing,” “Spiderman” and “Seabiscuit.”

They chose similar paths in their lives and, after years of surfing big waves and racing horses around a track, they’re eager to run the Race of a lifetime with one another for a shot at a million dollars.

Amazing Race Cast - CBS.com
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Mark & Michael - TAR 14

4'9"!?!? I thought that was a misprint until I saw that they were jockeys. I myself am 4'10" and I've never met a man who was shorter than me (other than a little person, of course). Although, I think Danny Devito is 4'9" or maybe 4'10"...
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

These two look like they'll be a lot of fun, and being stuntmen will probably help them out a lot (unless they give the producers a lot of clips to make fun of the stuntment struggling in challenges and whining that they can't do something). From this picture, I'd never guess Michael was 51.

I picture the two blue acrobatic pill bugs from Pixar's "A Bug's Life". Flaming Death!!!
    Down the middle drops one more grain of sand.
    They say that new life makes losing life easier to understand.
    Words are kind, they helped ease the mind. I'll miss my old friend.
    And though you gotta go, we'll keep a piece of your soul.
    One goes out, One comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Adult Beverage;3318243;
    I picture the two blue acrobatic pill bugs from Pixar's "A Bug's Life". Flaming Death!!!
    I love those guys! I love when they do the "outtakes" at the end where they are tooting and laughing and the black widow spider (Bonnie Hunt) starts freaking out and walks off the "set". I every time!
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

FORT Fan

stacerace, I'm 4'9" but I'm female too. Actually looking at those guys reminds me how short I am, I usually forget-- I'm just used to looking up people's nostrils. But these two seem ridiculously competent at everything. This season is pretty lacking in typical guy teams.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

These guys are two of my early favorites - they're great. Being stunt men means that they have to be in great shape... so the physical challenges should be good ones for them. And obviously, anything to do with heights, climbing etc will come naturally to them (just like a day at the office!) I can see them doing well here.

I love these guys too! I met Micheal a long time ago and the one thing I remember about him was just how genuine he was...He must have made an impression on my because as soon as I seen him on TAR I knew who he was! He is just the kind of person that makes you feel like you really matter to him...and if he is still married to the same girl...she is very beautiful!

It is unusual to see adults shorter than I (I'm about 4-11), especially guys.

They sound like a good team. I missed the premiere, but I'll be sure to check out the show next week.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

I think these two will bring the comic relief this season. They did very well the first leg so hopefully they stick around. I wouldn't mind seeing them in the final 3, or even winning.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast