+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Margie & Luke - TAR 14

Re: Margie & Luke - TAR 14

I really don't want them to win, they blew the whole thing with Kisha and Jen way out of proportion IMO.

I'm with you. They totally did. He's so annoying like his mom said. Okay maybe she didn't say it but she said if she heard it one more time.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

All mothers get to the point where they don't want to hear "Mom!", one more time. I remember my mother telling us that she had changed her name and she wasn't going to tell us what it was.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I've got a gorgeous hubby simplechef's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3435099;
    All mothers get to the point where they don't want to hear "Mom!", one more time. I remember my mother telling us that she had changed her name and she wasn't going to tell us what it was.
    I can totally relate to this... Sometimes I wish my kids didn't know my name, so they wouldn't scream it 50,000 times a day through the house at the top of their lungs.

As for Margie & Luke, my husband had a great point. If you are deaf and you "feel" someone rush up behind you, your natural tendancy would be to block them away. He couldn't HEAR her running up behind him, so I don't think his putting his elbow up and out was deliberate as Jen made is sound. Your "fight or flight" instinct would simply kick in because you feel someone fall against you. There are a LOT of things you just can NOT relate to if you are a hearing person, that feeling of what it would be like to have someone running up your backside is one that I think hearing people could NEVER understand how it would feel to a deaf person. I do think that Margie can be overprotective, but at the same time, I realize we are shown just a smidge of what actually happens. It's always an issue of editing.

:)

I REALLY don't want this team to win! I like them less every week.

Quote Originally Posted by maude~flanders;3427340;
    I love this team. As a mother of a grown daughter and teenaged son (and a pre-teen), it is hard to not step in and get all Shirley McLaine on their butts when someone is messing with your kid!! Hold me back!!
    I LOVE THIS POST!! We all need our Mamas to go all Shirley McLaine on other people's butts from time to time no matter how old we are.

I don't have an issue with Luke blocking the clue box.I have an issue with M&L saying you shouldn't call a deaf person a bitch.So it's Ok to call everyone else a bitch then? If you insist that deaf people are just the same as normal people then prepare to crapped on once in a while..just like normal people

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by princessKIM;3436571;
    I don't have an issue with Luke blocking the clue box.I have an issue with M&L saying you shouldn't call a deaf person a bitch.So it's Ok to call everyone else a bitch then? If you insist that deaf people are just the same as normal people then prepare to crapped on once in a while..just like normal people
    Agreed. I'm fairly certain most of us excuse both teams on the clue box fiasco. It's the fallout that's polarizing.

Dear Margie and Luke,
    Suck it up.
    -Me

FORT Regular

Go Margie and Luke, I've been rooting for you to win since the first week!

To the Point

Gotta say, as much as I love this show I would be afraid to play the game. I'm certain that because of my personality I'd get a very negative edit and probably deserve it. I play hard and like to win. I think that my DH and I would be one of two extremes. We would either push each other in a very encouraging and supportive way or be total jerks to each other. Not sure there'd be much in between. Perspective is so important in these intense circumstances and most teams tend to lose a healthy prespective as things get closer to the end and they are weary. I think that M & L definitely have shown us some of their ugly underbelly, but most of the teams have. M & L just made it so big.

+ Reply to Thread