+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Margie & Luke - TAR 14

Re: Margie & Luke - TAR 14

At this point I don't love any of the remaining teams, nor do I loathe an entire team (I really do loathe the Ugly American redhead, though). However, I am hoping for a Margie & Luke win because he cried upon viewing the circumstances of the people of Jaipur. The occasionally juvenile behaviour of a coddled young man in his early twenties notwithstanding, his capacity for empathy makes him, in my eyes, a better human being than any of a number of "ew, it stinks here" people who have run this race over the years.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3428619;
    At this point I don't love any of the remaining teams, nor do I loathe an entire team (I really do loathe the Ugly American redhead, though). However, I am hoping for a Margie & Luke win because he cried upon viewing the circumstances of the people of Jaipur. The occasionally juvenile behaviour of a coddled young man in his early twenties notwithstanding, his capacity for empathy makes him, in my eyes, a better human being than any of a number of "ew, it stinks here" people who have run this race over the years.
    Jaime (I'm assuming that's the redhead refered to) had a few tears in Jaipur too. She's not all bad, IMO.

FORT Newbie

I want these two GONE.

This is especially after this last episode where Luke won't grow up and just go on with life; and Margie is a freakin' mom and doesn't know how to let something go. In one of the extra clips, she tells Tammy and Victor at the airport that she's sorry they were caught in the middle of the pitstop chaos, and then continues to make them uncomfortable by retelling the story with T&V right there. Inconsiderate! Immature! Unbelievable!

I don't like them at all either Luke is very arrogrant and Margie just make me so upset that I want to scream........

Quote Originally Posted by Tribal Speak;3428764;
    Jaime (I'm assuming that's the redhead refered to) had a few tears in Jaipur too. She's not all bad, IMO.
    She was crying about the poor animals living on the streets; Luke was crying about the poor CHILDREN living on the streets!

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3429882;
    She was crying about the poor animals living on the streets; Luke was crying about the poor CHILDREN living on the streets!
    Point being? Luke saw children eating garbage. Perhaps Jaime did not. Pretty hard to assume how the whole cab ride transpired based on a few 10 second clips. Bottomline is Jaime's tears were real. There is no mistaking that. I, for one, choose to give her credit for having a compassionate side.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by steppemaster;3428242;
    Spockwhat--I don't want him--or anyone putting me into a lump either.

In my posts about Deaf culture and iondividual Deaf people I have triied to be scrupulously fair and speak of each person as an individual. It's too bad that Luke insnt mature enough to do the same--yet. He is in his early twenties. IMO he'll learn at some point that the chip on his shoulder has become a big log that knocks people away from him.

At some point he'll start seeing that people are individuals and he'll start treating them as such.

And now I'll say this--with so trepidation--IMO his attiude may be rhe result of immersion in Deaf cujlture. It's been stated that he's been away at school for several years now. IMO sometimes there is a "Closing of ranks" that can happen in situations like that.

And when people do mingle in the non-Deaf world they find their own attitudes challenged.

It's a complex situation. I think Luke will be able to one day figure it out.

He got himself into this race--I think he can accomplish a lot.

But it surely is time for Margie to step back......
    I especially agree with the portion of your post that I have bolded. I hadn't really given this a whole lot of thought, however, if this is the case and he has been in a situation that is a pretty-much deaf community it truly would change his perception and the interactions he may choose to have.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3430096;
    I especially agree with the portion of your post that I have bolded. I hadn't really given this a whole lot of thought, however, if this is the case and he has been in a situation that is a pretty-much deaf community it truly would change his perception and the interactions he may choose to have.

Thanks for your feedback. I just feel bad about my awful typing and how the bolded parts seem to show up my worst mistakes that I didn't have time to correct.

About the topic--I am studying ASL (American Sign Language) and am finding the aspects of Deaf culture to be fascinating. IMO we don't talk enough in the US about all the different kinds of groups and peoples that make up the country we live in.

And please understand--even though I say "Deaf Culture" I am in no way implying that all Deaf people are part of the Deaf Culture--nor that all people withing Deaf culture have the asame or similar outlooks and attitudes.

The most fascinating aspect of Deaf culture--and this is my opinion only--is that there is a segment of Deaf People who feel that hearing people are in some way "flawed." And that Deaf people are the more "perfect" ones.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

There was a hearing impaired member who used to be pretty active on the FoRT. I can't remember his name, but I bet it I worked hard I could come up with it. I'd love to hear his take on this team.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3430555;
    There was a hearing impaired member who used to be pretty active on the FoRT. I can't remember his name, but I bet it I worked hard I could come up with it. I'd love to hear his take on this team.
    DeafChulo
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread