+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Linda & Steve - TAR 14

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Linda & Steve - TAR 14

Linda Cole (52)
    Steve Cole (43)

Hometown: Martinsville, Va.
    Occupation: Linda (Customer Service Supervisor); Steve (Carpenter)
    Relationship: Married

This husband and wife team met when Steven went with a date to Linda’s house for a party. Linda asked her brother to keep his date occupied while she asked Steven out. They have been together ever since and married for 17 years. They both have children from previous marriages, but treat all of them as their very own.

Linda is nine years older than Steven. She describes herself as smart, hard working and adventurous. Steven loves traveling, making and posting videos online, recycling scrap metal and fishing. He is a Virginia Master Angler. He describes himself as a perfectionist and creative. His one setback is that he suffers from claustrophobia.

Both Linda and Steven are well traveled. The two had a very scary experience traveling through Guatemala where they were robbed of all their money and identification. Luckily they were resourceful enough and found their way back to the states without too much hassle.

Together, they are excited for new experiences that will expand their horizons. They love to compete and are looking forward to sharing this once in a lifetime experience together, while making new friends along the way. Look for the other Teams to completely underestimate these two, but with Linda's analytical mind and Steven's ability to problem solve they could.

Amazing Race Cast - CBS.com
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Linda & Steve - TAR 14

His one setback is that he suffers from claustrophobia.
    Well that's not good at all.

They remind me of David and Mary a little bit. But if they made it through that Guatemala trip after being robbed, they might do pretty well.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Hopefully they're not as whiny as David/Mary. I'm not really digging these two, and though Andrew/Dan (among other teams, but they're the best example) taught me you really can't ever tell how far a team will make it, I'm not sure I see these doing well.

They have lots of travel experience that David and Mary lacked. The foot race factor has not been as critical in recent races, so I think they may do well. They look like 'people like me' so i hope they do well.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

errr no. Not a fan of these two.

After one episode and reading through their bio again, I'm surprised these two were able to find their way out of that Guatemala situation they mentioned. I really hope they're gone soon. It's almost mean to wish they'd continue on. Though I'm sure Steve will make Linda's life hell at Elimination Station.

FORT Regular

There's an article about Linda and Steve in their hometown paper. It seems they worked out, and Linda lost weight in preparation.

Amazing Race couple got fit for show - Martinsville Bulletin

And, karalott, I don't think it's mean to hope they continue. I'm hoping they will surprise us (although the previews show Linda in trouble.)

As I said on the premiere show discussion thread, they did very well on the cheese challenge. Linda did her part and Steve brought down three cheese wheels at once.

This team pleasantly surprised me during the cheese challenge. Steve was clever indeed bringing three cheese wheels at one time with the broken cheese carrier plank. Too bad they messed up trying to get to the pit stop. However, their personalities turned me off though. If somehow, this team makes it to the next leg (looks like they won't b/c of Linda), I'll be surprised once again.

I'll give them being smart in the cheese challenge, but I wonder if coming last helped them in their decisions. They may have seen the other teams struggling. Of course, those teams weren't smart enough to figure out an easier way, either.

I am happy these two got eliminated. They were such a weak team and while I feel bad because they seemed to really want this, I also would have felt worse had other teams been eliminated before them. I just don't think they would have lasted much longer. I can sympathize with Linda on getting lost, because lord knows I have the worst sense of direction (reason #1,500 why I could never do this show). I did like that Steve didn't go into a screaming fit on her over it.

This couple was one of the most entertaining pair on this show! There was no way they could possibly win but they were fun to watch and it was endearing how they cared for one another.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast