Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christie & Jodi - TAR 14

From the corner of my eye Jewelsy's Avatar

Christie & Jodi - TAR 14

Christie Volkmer (37)
    Jodi Wincheski (40)

Hometown: Choctaw, Okla./ Houston, Texas
    Relationship: Flight Attendants

These two savvy flight attendants met while working on a Southwest Airlines flight six years ago where they made an instant connection. Both admit to being extremely competitive and determined to win.

Christie and Jodi agree they have different personalities, but are confident these differences will be used as a strength on the Race. Christie claims that she is more analytical while Jodi is the reactive one. Her biggest pet peeve about Jodi is that she reacts too fast, while Jodi’s pet peeve with Christie is that she asks too many questions.

Christie, who recently married, describes herself as realistic, opportunistic and street-smart. Her primary motivation for running the Race is to challenge herself and to have an experience of a lifetime before she settles down and starts a family.

Jodi is using this experience to test what she is made of. As a divorced, single mother, she lives for her daughter and wants to prove to her that you can accomplish any goal you set your mind to. She describes herself as strong-willed, determined and independent. Jodi enjoys beach volleyball, snow skiing and traveling.

During their 25 years of combined traveling experience, Christie and Jodi have become well-versed in all the ins-and-outs of the travel industry and they’re eager to put that valuable knowledge to good use.

Amazing Race Cast - CBS.com
    "Among the blind, the squinter rules." ~ Gerard Didier Erasmus

Re: Christie & Jodi - TAR 14

I have to root for this team since Christie is an Okie and I also go to church in Choctaw. I don't know her but my friend said her name sounded familiar...Still working on figuring that out.
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

It'll be interesting to see what their knowledge of the airline industry might contribute towards their success, if anything.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3298785;
    It'll be interesting to see what their knowledge of the airline industry might contribute towards their success, if anything.
    That's what I was thinking. Also, asking too many questions isn't a bad thing on the race (though I can see how it might be a pet peeve in regular life).

These ladies look like they'll be a strong team. Maybe we'll have our first all female winners here.

This seems like a team to root for.

I wonder if this will be the first blonde/pretty female team to not say that they'll use their flirtatious skills to get ahead and also to not have a cutesy-wootsey team picture?
    "My life gets less like chess and more like whack-a-mole every day."
    <-- "I'm Hexy and I know it!"

That's a bad picture of them. I was watching their introdutory video, and both of them looked younger than what they really are. Especially Christie (or whoever it is on the left). I watched the video first, then came here, and thought, "No way is she already close to her 40s!"

These girls have a definite advantage over the other teams with their being flight attendents in the past. They're used to airports and planes, so I'm expecting them to have a bit of savviness when airport drama occurs.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Newbie

Yeah, I think their approach to the game is going to be really interesting... I never really thought of the fact that flight attendants have probably been to the place they are going (as mentioned in their video) and they can be really useful resources for information. Should be interesting if they can last the challenges and get to the airports.

FORT Regular

A Houston radio station has an audio posted of an interview with Jodi: KILT - Houston - The Amazing Race's Jodi Wincheski

Jodi is supposed to call back weekly on Fridays, but I didn't see any other interviews.

That same station has an interview of Phil from TAR 13.

Also, NewsOK (an Oklahoma news site) has an article about Christie.

One of her comments:
    "The most wonderful thing about it was the people we met in other places and how generous and kind they were,” she said. "People who didn’t have anything were still wanting to offer a little bit of help, advice or directions. A couple of the racers even mentioned that they were going to come home and change their way of dealing with strangers and try to help a little more.”
    http://newsok.com/oklahoman-among-se...rticle/3344757

It's good to hear such positive results from the experience.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Anyone who's ever been on this show seems to really appreciate the experience, which is more than I can say for some shows. The only complaints might have to do with the editing but that's it.

As for Christie/Jodi, I believe these girls are much smarter and stronger than they've come across the past two episodes. They've really had bad luck (some of their own fault) and I'm hoping just being in the back of the pack has made them frantic and wanting to rush. I hope they get better.

FORT Fogey

I know this is crazy talk, but I think Phil has a crush on Jodi. When they won tonight, he seemed drawn to her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast