+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: 11/23 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fan

Re: 11/23 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Just to be safe, placing this in a spoiler tag.

I think there was this article that said
    Click to see Spoiler:
    a team will make a mistake that will prohibit them from joining their fellow racers at the finish line.
    . I think the mistake is in reference to the lost passports. I ever lost my passport before on an overseas trip, and yea, replacing passports proved to be quite a hassle

Quote Originally Posted by PipSqueek;3240146;
    Before I read your post, that's exactly what I was thinking

I had a cra.p day yesterday, and I DVR'd TAR. So, when I finally got to Dan, and his attempt at marching, sheesh, Im having a hard time even typing how hilarious laugh-out-loud funny it was to watch. I dont think I'll delete this one for awhile.
    So of course what do I do when I finish watching TAR, Cold Case, and The Unit last night? I erase them from my DVR! The marching clip is on the CBS site, so I'll have to see if I can download it. Or maybe it'll end up on Youtube. It was so funny, it'll be great whenever I need a pick-me-up! I was laughing so hard it hurt!

That marching was just ridiculous! I cannot believe for one moment he couldn't march without looking like a two year old pretending to copy his dad!
    Yup, with donuts!!

FORT Fogey

I've been in a number of stage productions and I can vouch for how extraordinarily uncoordinated some people can be when asked to do moves that seem "simple" to others.

And even though I am very well-cordinated I too have been caught out by being asked to do moves my body was totally unfamiliar with. I thought the "marching" was hilarious--but I also empathized.

In keeping with my stage theme--I think that anyone who applies for TAR should take several acting classes including at least one improvisation class.

They would learn how to behave as someone else when the circumstances demand it. IMO this is the biggest problems most racers have--they continue to "be themselves" under circumstances which demand that they act like someone else.

IE--acting like a polite person visiting another country under stressful conditions rather than continuing to behave the way many Amerians do in our own country--demanding and certain that WE are the ones whose every demand ought to be attended to first.

Learning how to become another person can be invaluable--like knowing how to become a person who eats meat in a certain situation even though the actor in her/his own life is a vegetarian.

I must say that I'm surprised that some thought Dan was faking his lack of coordination. That makes no sense.

I wonder why Dandrew wasn't able to go back on their own time to get their shoes?

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3240334;
    I wonder why Dandrew wasn't able to go back on their own time to get their shoes?
    If they went back, it would probably have to count as race time (and at the start of the next leg it might not have even been open), so they probably thought it wasn't worth it.

I'm glad no one got them their shoes, or let them go during the "mandated rest period".

Dang it, I missed the show last night, completely forgot with the AMA's being on. Darn! Does it repeat on any channels?
    Last edited by graycat11; 11-24-2008 at 05:09 PM.

^It's on CBS.com.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3240152;
    The two I have bolded don't sound like a lost passport. The others do. It is entirely possible that they are able to retrace their steps and find the lost wallet. Previews are always so dramatic.
    Judging from the preview, Nick & Starr definitely aren't the ones that lose their money and passports. Hailing a cab would be the least of their problems.

With Dandrew, it looks like Dan said, "No way we're going to finish this leg today," at the location of the Speed Bump, so unfortunately, I don't think it's them either.

I have such a bad feeling that it's Ken & Tina. I really hope that this is just a case of the editors trying to dupe the audience.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Watching Dan last night reminded me of Monty Python's silly walk sketch.

There seems to be a new comedy team each week of the last two episodes. Last week Toni/Dallas with the cow costume, and this week Dan/Andrew in anything they did. They even played up the serving of the borscht to the soldiers and had them laughing. Dan trying to march with no rhythm was, of course, the highlight. (Sidenote: I was turned down as a majorette for the marching band for the same reason...of course, I went on to be the drum major - then everyone had to follow my beat...LOL)

I'm really not looking forward to the probably fatal error next week. It looks to be one of the two teams I'm pulling for as a final three. After enjoying the last few shows, am I going to cry?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread