+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 11/02 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 11/02 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I have to change my vote in the poll. NEL's suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3227121;
    Sweet, Ken and Tina are last. Please don't be an NEL.
    ETA Crap, it's a NEL.
    LOL (and Gagi). I was about to plan a party.

And TY Gagi, for the update.

Dancing along the border of turbulence and order

Ok, next week will be hilarious with Tina getting attacked with colored powder. Maybe it won't be so bad with her still on the show!

You're welcome VR
    Go to www.freerice.com to improve your vocabulary and feed the world!

Finally Ken stands up to Tina enough to say that he doesn't want to have to work so hard at a relationship. While cheating on someone is never the answer to a troubled marriage, I don't understand why he hasn't ditched this bitch long ago. Maybe he didn't have the balls to openly ask for a divorce so he cheated and made sure she found out about it so that she would divorce him. I will never understand why any couple would think TAR is a good marriage councilor. Some couples in the past have left saying that the Race experience has brought them closer, but unless they had a strong bond (which Tina and Ken DO NOT) to begin with, I don't believe them. While TAR must be an amazing and rewarding trip, the stress and pressures involved are much more likely to tear two people apart. I too can't wait to see her painted next ep.

The divorcees are (sadly) very lucky. Wearing those outfits in India was just asking for trouble. If they had chosen to launder money instead of iron clothes, I sudder to think of how often they would have been molested in that mob at the wedding. I think sweating is a small price to pay to save yourself from that kind of treatment. After hearing about the conditions there I feel sad everytime I see a show that features India and its people.

My faves, Toni and Dallas are still doing well in the race and working well as a team. What a shock to hear that his mom isn't a good "wingman" as well as a disappointment that he wants to hook up with Starr. Concentrate on the task at hand boy.

Please leave India at the beginning of next ep, Phil.

^The preview from last week said that Kenny would finally give it to Tina. But he didn't! All he did was shout, "Get in the car!" to her. That's not really standing up to Tina IMO. I like Tina, but she's been portrayed as a bitch most of the time. She has commanded Kenny time and time again. If Kenny is going to stand up to Tina, he should sit her down, tell her how he feels about being treated like he has, and tell her to calm it down.

But I still like them. They're my second favorite team, behind Nick & Starr. So I let out a deep sigh of relief when Phil told them it was a NEL. It's obvious that even when they're not in the front in the pack, they still want to mend their relationship; that's how I interpreted their tears at the end of the episode.

And I agree, dberk, please leave India. TAR has been to India so many times now. I want a new location, please!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

I see Kenny and Tina differently. She would be happier with a partner who appreciates her sharp mind and A personality. I see Kenny as weak, not very bright and someone unable to negotiate a relationship with integrity or strength. It is not about shouting Tina down. It is about being a vibrant, interesting and strong man who can appreciate her and work with her as an equal. I get Tina's frustration with his passive ways. Retreating into an affair is cowardly and I see Kenny as one who withdraws from conflict rather than working on a solution. His comment that the marriage won't work if they can't get it together in this race is basically saying: If Tina doesn't change her personality it won't work. Well, Kenny, she won't nor should she. How about you stepping up or getting out to find someone more suitable for you.

Season 1 or 2 there was a couple that had a similar dynamic. They ended their marriage after the show. Posters called her a bitch and unreasonable. I think his name was Kenny too. In Paris he took them to Notre Dame instead of the intended landmark. He didn't even try to figure out the clue! She was understandably furious and remained that way through the entire race because he continued to be a lousy team mate and partner.

Everytime I hear of the prize first place receives I can only focus on the taxes they will have to pay on the inflated price quoted to the IRS. And an electric car? Who in their right mind would want one? I suppose if you were retired and lived in a golf community you could buzz around and visit the neighbors.

Nick and Star and Toni and Dallas remain my favorites for the win.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;3227158;

My faves, Toni and Dallas are still doing well in the race and working well as a team. What a shock to hear that his mom isn't a good "wingman" as well as a disappointment that he wants to hook up with Starr. Concentrate on the task at hand boy.

Exactly. Dallas said he wanted Nick and Starr to stay on the race so he could spend more time flirting with Starr. These people are his competition. And they are doing quite well! He should be hoping for them to go. He can flirt with Starr when the race is over.

The divorcees' shorts were indeed short but it was a bit of "pot meet kettle" considering Starr's top had the "girls" on full display.

I so wanted Sarah to turn the spray paint machine on Terrence.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Why india ,again?
    this episode was not impressive to me. I hate when they're racing in the dark!

P.S. Cambodia leg is my favorite so far.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3227200;
    Season 1 or 2 there was a couple that had a similar dynamic. They ended their marriage after the show. Posters called her a bitch and unreasonable. I think his name was Kenny too. In Paris he took them to Notre Dame instead of the intended landmark. He didn't even try to figure out the clue! She was understandably furious and remained that way through the entire race because he continued to be a lousy team mate and partner.
    That was Lenny and Karyn. I remember him going to Notre Dame instead of looking for the Arch. I'd be upset too, if I was Karyn!

BTW, since that show, he has married someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3227200;
    I see Kenny and Tina differently. She would be happier with a partner who appreciates her sharp mind and A personality. I see Kenny as weak, not very bright and someone unable to negotiate a relationship with integrity or strength. It is not about shouting Tina down. It is about being a vibrant, interesting and strong man who can appreciate her and work with her as an equal. I get Tina's frustration with his passive ways. Retreating into an affair is cowardly and I see Kenny as one who withdraws from conflict rather than working on a solution. His comment that the marriage won't work if they can't get it together in this race is basically saying: If Tina doesn't change her personality it won't work. Well, Kenny, she won't nor should she. How about you stepping up or getting out to find someone more suitable for you.

Everytime I hear of the prize first place receives I can only focus on the taxes they will have to pay on the inflated price quoted to the IRS. And an electric car? Who in their right mind would want one? I suppose if you were retired and lived in a golf community you could buzz around and visit the neighbors.

Nick and Star and Toni and Dallas remain my favorites for the win.
    Considering I have a friend with a marriage like Kenny and Tina's I have a different perspective. MyTina is always right and badgers MyKenny until he has to agree. Even when MyKenny agrees just to keep the peace MyTina gets upsets because he should always agree with her because it is the right way and she is always right and everyone is wrong. Long story short every time I see MyTina get loud and agressive I see MyKenny shut down and withdrawal. It is the only way he can survive without being mentally battered all the time.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast