Poll: Non-elimination legs: should they stay or should they go?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Non-elimination legs: good or bad?

Re: Non-elimination legs: good or bad?

YES. It would be nice to have NEL on the first leg. Give them a chance,people.

It would be good having them on second of third episode ,too.

They normally happen during top 6 and top 5 which is so predictable .

FORT Fan

Nope!!! Don't like them at all. As we said when we were kids, "last one there's a rotten egg". Tough luck. See ya!

I like the NEL's, and agree that there should be one on the first leg of the race - at least once. Out of all the variations, I like the speedbump one because the team must work extra hard to stay in the race. That's why Ken and Tina suceeded here - even with the penalty, they worked hard, paid attention to details and completed the task before two teams who had a decent lead on them earlier completed theirs.

That said - I would say that on the NELs they keep the speedbumps harder, such as the one this past week. They need to actually be a semi-difficult task to complete in addition to the rest of the tasks - otherwise why have them as a penalty? Some of the previous ones were fairly quick to complete, and therefore the tension was let down.

In this case - even though Ken and Tina were about an hour behind the first place team leaving, there was the tension that they'd fall further behind to the point they had no chance of coming back given they had to serve holy water to everyone until they finally refused the water - which given the tempreature in India, could've been a very long time. But, they did and ended up making it to the next round.

I don't mind them, but do agree that there should be 1 in the first leg. I really liked the bee people and they were gone way too soon. Obviously, keeping them in runs the risk of an unpopular team being kept on. But, I'd still prefer to keep the NEL's. Perhaps, add some more of them.

Wow. I find myself shocked by the number of people who seem to be okay with NELs. I think they are a plague on the race.

I'd limit the race to ONE person season, always in the second half.

If the show needs to do something to throw some tension into the race--some uncertainty--I'd have a Second Chance Leg instead of all of these NELs. Take teams that are eliminated in the first half and have an episode where they race each other. The winner of THAT re-enters the next leg of the main race.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Krom, I really like that idea!

I'm not a huge fan of the NELs, but if they insist on having them, keep it to one and have it in the last half. That way the racers who have proven themselves get a second chance. I'd hate to see an inept team get a NEL in the very first leg and waste my tv time the next week.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

I don't mind the NEL, it adds something interesting..a little spice...but I wish they would consider doing it early on, at least once.
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234