View Poll Results: Non-elimination legs: should they stay or should they go?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • stay

46 71.88%
  • go

18 28.13%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Non-elimination legs: good or bad?

Re: Non-elimination legs: good or bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Raye6696;3227480;
    I kind of like the NELs but agree they need to be spread out more. Does anyone remember what season it was when the racers got to what they thought was the pitstop and instead were told continue racing? I thought that was a good idea that kept the teams guessing what was going to happen.
    I think the first time that happened it was with the body builders (was that season 6?). I can't remember their names, but they were goners that episode, they were so far behind. IIRC they were still in another country at the end of the episode that was the continuation to the super leg. I remember them sleeping outside.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3227380;
    Totally. They always seem to be near the end of the race. I'd like them to switch things around more, keep teams on their toes a bit. I'd like them to have one on the first leg one year.

I agree. Put a NEL on the first leg once in awhile, it would give the viewers a little more time to get to know all the teams. For a team that comes in last or near last on the first leg, it would give them a chance to evaluate their racing method and maybe change it up for the remaining legs.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

I said go. It's nice when a couple you like is saved but also unfair. Each leg should be an elimination leg.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Getting rid of them would make the season shorter. I like the show too much to want it shorter.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by KeepItReal;3226762;
    Go. No do overs. You're last, you're gone. Sure it's saved teams I've liked before so I've been happy about that. It's saved teams I've hated and I take the good with the bad. There's just something that always bothered me about being lucky enough to suck at the right time in the race and being able to stay. Perhaps they are necessary though. If a person was sure they were last and sure that there was no NEL, why complete the task, why continue to move quickly when you know it's over. It's a catch 22.

I think they should stay for the last reason given above - it gives the competitors hope and makes them continue even if they know they are last. Plus it keeps us, the audience, guessing when we know a particular team is last.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Even tho it has saved some couples I did not like...I'd like the NEL aspect to stay....I agree with a fellow poster here that I hated when the contestants had to beg for money!
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;3231652;
    Even tho it has saved some couples I did not like...I'd like the NEL aspect to stay....I agree with a fellow poster here that I hated when the contestants had to beg for money!
    I would rank the NEL penalties as follows, from best to worst:

01. Speed Bump
    02. 30-min Time Penalty
    03. No Money
    04. No Money AND No Possessions

It was terrible to see the racers beg for money. The racers, who are from a first-world country, sometimes had to beg in third-world countries. Granted, I remember that some of the racers who had to beg for money asked some tourists, but it still looked bad.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I voted for them to go, for many of the same reasons that others have stated.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

I like them, just wish they weren't so predictable.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago;3231889;
    I like them, just wish they weren't so predictable.
    Like other posters have said, I would like to see NELs used throughout the whole race. It would be interesting to see a NEL in the first leg, I think.

The next leg is probably going to be a NEL (that's not a spoiler, that's just pure speculation). And if it is, it justs shows everyone how predictable they are.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast