+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 10/19 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 10/19 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I really warmed up the the airhe...erm, blondes this week. They were so supportive of each other & seemed to just have a really good overall attitude, & having a good time, & not freaking out about everything (or anything, lol). I was hoping that it would be an NEL when they got to the mat last

Phil's dad was precious, especially when he gave the girls a hug.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

i work on Sundays and so I was disappointed that my DVR only recorded the last half of 60 minutes and the first half of the episode 2 weeks in a row And they don't post the full episodes on the CBS websites
    Favorite Dr Oliverisms

"We were about to have sex not move out of the state"

"Shh. Okay, stop. Just let me"

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3220448;
    i work on Sundays and so I was disappointed that my DVR only recorded the last half of 60 minutes and the first half of the episode 2 weeks in a row And they don't post the full episodes on the CBS websites
    That's dang 'ol KWTV for ya! I am lucky to have a ReplayTV for my DVR, then I can DL those episodes from ReplayTV-ers on the west coast. Still have to wait for them to transfer though (and you can't start the transfer until the show is over)

Quote Originally Posted by stacerace;3220448;
    I have my DVR set to also record the show after TAR for this very reason.
    It is so annoying though!

FORT Fan

Do we have a "notable quotes" thread this season?

Freak show, ummm I mean Terrence - "I need to feel the love. Can you... touch my... hair?"

Ty - "I'm with Fidel"

FORT Fan

Hey, is Phil's dad the first native that didn't need to wear some sort of national/traditional garb?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappymom;3220692;

Freak show, ummm I mean Terrence - "I need to feel the love. Can you... touch my... hair?"

Ty - "I'm with Fidel"
    Ty's comment was funny.

Terrence's was just...pathetic. I was torn between laughing my butt off & being mortified.

I didn't want them Marisa & Brooke to go. I was hoping for a NEL, but those almost never happen early in the game (IMO, it would be great if they put some of the NELs in the early legs). They were so sweet and caring. They did very well in Leg 3, so I was hoping they would have more luck this time around.

I'm liking Ken & Tina. Am I the only one? It's obvious that this race is helping their relationship tremendously, and I think it's great for them. TAR never seems to work for couples trying to mend their relationship, but it's working for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3220088;
    What really had me scratching my head after Starr hurt her arm was that she started out driving when they left the detour. Why? Why? Why? Her arm didn't look good to me. I'm wondering if she'll be in a cast or a brace next time we see her.
    Before the show, they probably decided that she would do all of the driving. It's one of those things you do before the race starts, like learning how to drive a stick, learning how to fix a tire, researching on other countries, just to name a few. Starr is most likely the better driver, which is why they decided to let her do the driving.

Thankfully she let Nick do the driving later on.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fan

Ty - "I'm with Fidel"

Ty's comment was funny.

Terrence's was just...pathetic. I was torn between laughing my butt off & being mortified.

I've warmed up to Ken and Tina and was happy for them to win this leg. That was an incredibly scary climb. *shiver*

I'm having a hard time getting into this season. I do like the edit for Ken and Tina now, and don't like the edit or the reality of Nick and Starr - especially Starr - and they started out my favorites. At lease Nick tried to calm the waters with Kelly and Christy, but to no avail. I do hope Starr is only bruised and able to heal and continue the race. A broken or even sprained arm would doom them to early elimination.

What I really loved is that they went to New Zealand. I, too, remember the reason behind the Maori Warrior Dance from The Whale Rider - "I'm going to eat you!" More than slightly intimidating. I also noticed the one of the dancers took a little more of a kiss than a nose rub from one of the "blondes" LOL. My hearing really is going. I thought the "New Zealand Guy" introduced himself as "Hi, I'm Tuesday". I thought everyone was smiling at the mat because they liked his unusual name. Oh me...have to go re-watch the tape.

I'm sort of getting into the show as I'm starting to watch Ken and Tina more closely and still have Nick and Starr in my sights as good competitors. I also hope Toni and Dallas don't have a melt-down any time soon. Off to re-watch the show and enjoy Phil's Dad rather than a handsome older gentleman named, Tuesday.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread