+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: 10/5 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 10/5 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Along with the airline obviously having a larger plane available to fly (not due to Tina's persuasion) was that of course that airline will switch to a bigger plane if they can. The other flight was on a different airline. If they hadn't switched to the bigger plane they would have lost all that money. It was only a fiscally sound move for them to switch.

And why does Tina think the other teams should thank her? Big deal, they all got on that earlier flight. There were not enough seats on the other one and they all would have taken the later flight. They still would have all been together. Even if she really was responsible for the airline switching the plane what did that gain them except less time at the airport. They were still all bunched together and had the same opportunity getting off the plane at the earlier time as they would have at the later time!

This is my first season of The Amzing Race and I'm really enjoying it so far.

I wasn't fussed on the losing team, they were very boring but I had to laugh when he said "At least I still have my looks."

I cracked up when Terence got attacked by the car, it couldn't of happened to a better person. And you'd think they would of realised that they needed to go back for their taxi. I really felt for Kelly & Christy this episode, they did so well on the challenges......they really need to stop overthinking things and it would be nice if they stopped reminding us they come from terrible marriages .

I can see the "Southern Belles" getting eliminated next, although I hope it's Andrew & Dan.

I don't think I ever laughed this hard at an episode of TAR. It takes a lot for my husband to laugh out loud at a TV show, but we were both howling at the divorcees digging up the beach and Terrence wailing over his head injury.

And I didn't think I could possibly dislike a contestant more than I disliked Jonathon/Victoria, but Tina is coming awfully close. I hate when racers justify obnoxious behaviour with the excuse that they're just competitive.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

And I didn't think I could possibly dislike a contestant more than I disliked Jonathon/Victoria, but Tina is coming awfully close. I hate when racers justify obnoxious behaviour with the excuse that they're just competitive.
    I'm right there with you Ajane. I get the feeling that we'll be comparing them to Jonathan/Victoria alot. Maybe they'll take a wrong turn and end up on the wrong side of the continent soon?

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3213329;
    I loved it when Ken kissed him on the cheek and broke the tension, after Terrance apologized!!

Did anyone else notice that Terrence told Ken "sorry for speaking that way to your wife" or whatever he said, instead of apologizing directly to Tina?

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3213325;
    The blondes (Southern belles) didn't misread the clues; that was the divorcees. Well, the blondes did tell their driver to go the wrong way so they ended up at the beach task instead of the shipping task. But it was the divorcees who were digging up the beach looking for their canister (that had me in stitches) and then didn't tell their driver to wait at the roadblock.
    My bad. I haven't watched a second time which is where my memory finds sticky points. Also - the names - I'm not there yet. I'm splitting so much time between Project Runway (1 more week) Survivor and all the new fiction shows, that I'm not paying that much attention to TAR yet.

The wrestling next week should be fun.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

To the Point

I have a friend that has become a phone-a-friend during this show through the past several seasons. She called me while the girls were digging for the canister on the beach and I was laughing so hard when I answered that she started laughing too. I figured she was watching and just wanted someone to laugh with. She had missed getting home in time and forgot to DVR the show. I told her that it was the funniest episode ever! I pretty much laughed the whole time.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappymom;3215670;
    Did anyone else notice that Terrence told Ken "sorry for speaking that way to your wife" or whatever he said, instead of apologizing directly to Tina?

Well, since he was under lips-to cheek assault by Ken, I can understand that. We don't know that Terrance didn't apologize to Tina at a later time. I just chalk this up to how guys communicate with other guys. I liked it!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;3212503;
    Careful, FireWoman! While I agree that they came across as playing up the "dumb", I think it's more just being very sheltered. Could be wrong. However, I don't believe most Southerns do play this up as we spend way too much time trying to live down that sterotype that many from other areas have labeled us. Truth of the matter is, we are often underestimated.
    I dont like people that try that.. no matter where they are from. I know FAR too many southern people that do play up the 'dumb', and they are mostly female.

There is a difference between sheltered and dumb.. and in their case I tend to think its more dumb. No matter if they are southern or a Yank.. it would still get to me
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112