+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 9/28 Show Premiere Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 9/28 Show Premiere Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3207441;
    Honestly, I didn't think the question would be about how many stairs they had climbed up. Phil had said that the locals performed the task for spiritual reasons, so I thought the question would be spiritual/religious in nature.
    Yep, same here. I probably should have thought "number of steps", being the show that they are on, but my mind went to spiritual and I figured that it would be one of those riddles that I never, ever get.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The brother and sister team....in the opening of the show, when they were showing the couples individually, the brother reminded me of that kid that was on America's Funniest Video who was on the side doing the cheerleading routine, perfectly, by himself while his cheerleader sister was out on the floor with the all-girl team! That routine looked very familiar!

The frat boys cracked me up. They were not very smart. They provided me several laughs!!

The hippies are out because of the wind-resistance caused by all of that hair going every which way.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

The married beekeepers, aka hippies, were the underdogs going into the race. I was sorry to see them go, as they would have made the race a lot of fun. I sure hope at least 1 team takes time to smell the roses this season and have some fun, but it sure looks like a very competitive bunch.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3207483;
    The brother and sister team....in the opening of the show, when they were showing the couples individually, the brother reminded me of that kid that was on America's Funniest Video who was on the side doing the cheerleading routine, perfectly, by himself while his cheerleader sister was out on the floor with the all-girl team! That routine looked very familiar!

The frat boys cracked me up. They were not very smart. They provided me several laughs!!

The hippies are out because of the wind-resistance caused by all of that hair going every which way.
    OMG Shay...as soon as you said AFV and kid/sister cheerleader.. i knew the clip.. Im playing it over and over in my head now.. it was funny.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3207081;
    Yeah, I'm not seeing her supposed 'forgiveness' in her eyes when she looks at him.
    She says she has forgiven him, but not forgotten. He should probably cut his losses and move on. Something seems off that he hasn't already done that.

No loss that the beekeepers are out. I was having trouble getting past the hair hanging in the face. The first thing I tell my stylist is to make sure my hair is out of my eyes. The least they could have done was a pony tail.

I noticed one of the young women putting on makeup in preparation to leaving the pitstop. I wonder how long before she decides to sleep an extra 15 min in the morning and forego the mascara.

I agree that the divorced women seem very young to have endured a great deal of tragedy in their marriage. They didn't even seem to have been married long enough to start a family, since kids weren't mentioned. Maybe instead of a long endured horror it was a consentrated mini series of horror.

Leo
    Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3207441;
    Honestly, I didn't think the question would be about how many stairs they had climbed up. Phil had said that the locals performed the task for spiritual reasons, so I thought the question would be spiritual/religious in nature.
    I think they've done it before whenever there's a "climb-this-tower/stair/really difficult structure" task, though.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonLine;3207300;
    It was funny to see Nick and Starr wondering what their internet nicknames will be, proposing "the kids." That shows an awareness of the internet community of Race watchers. But somehow, I doubt that "the kids" will be their nicknames. Maybe "Team Cammo"?
    Maybe they are trying to guide us into a more favorable nickname than whineywhackjobs.

My knees hurt just watching people climb those steps. Some people did seem to use padding for this. The counting question was probably reserved for TAR victims only and almost a guarantee that they would have to repeat the task. That would have been a dedicated swearing moment for me. The locals probably get much more profound questions.

If they had pretended to fall while going down the cargo net, would their safety harnesses have served as repelling ropes getting them down faster?
    Last edited by dberk; 09-29-2008 at 08:51 PM.

Loved the premire. I also think i'm the only person that likes the frat team. Ithink it was great that they chose the hard way up challenge. If not they probably would have been last waiting for the cargo net. I wonder what place they would have ended up in if they had answered the right question the first time up.
    I usually never like the blond team, but i think they are pretty good compared to the divorcee team. If they mention that they divorced one more time i might freak.
    I also loved Mark and Bill, i think they are going to do fairly well, if they do the little smart things like the sweater over the candy thing.

Well, I can say that it really didn't take very long but I don't like Terence. What a whinny little boy. He is so needy that I was really feeling sorry for Sarah, but after watching her tiff at Nick and Starr she is losing mucho sympathy in my eyes. Honestly, in that situation I can see the other team so focused on the task that they didn't see or hear you and did not diss you on purpose. The second couple I don't particularly care for is Tina and Ken. Why in the world would you annouce that your husband had an affair on a TV show that is seem around the world. That woman is lying through her teeth saying she has forgiven him. You can feel the seething angry beneath the surface. Its gonna be ugly when it irrupts.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

She's not through making him pay for what he did to her and their family (I'm just assuming they have family).
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread