+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 9/28 Show Premiere Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 9/28 Show Premiere Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3207077;
    "Married Beekeepers".

I guess that's more politically correct than "Filthy Hippies".
    Not necessarily, I believe in calling a spade a spade! Hmmmm. I wonder if they have cooties?

FORT Newbie

Am I the only one who died laughing when ken was blowing that whistle? I bet his B* of a wife made him do that, poor guy seems castrated.

And they're off! 11 legs, 8 elimination rounds, which means 2 non-eliminations? Right now the most "normal" team is the brother/sister who placed first. And here we go again with the bickering couples (multiple this time.) The beekeepers were too laid back to do well, but at least it was a happy experience for them.

My first impression was that everyone was in panic mode right out of the gate. Don't they watch the show? As long as you reach your first destination you have a chance - you just have to be smart once you get there. So much drama at LAX - LOL. My second impression was that everyone's adrenalin was running very high during the first challenges...will anyone be able to take a look at the roses this time around?

The previous teams I've enjoyed have taken a moment here and there to enjoy their surroundings...I hope at least one team out of this hyper bunch does this. Maybe the ComicCon boys will be the ones to capture my attention.

Bondo - I seem to remember that she did tell him to blow the whistle...LOL.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Bondo;3207204;
    Am I the only one who died laughing when ken was blowing that whistle? I bet his B* of a wife made him do that, poor guy seems castrated.
    After the first episode, I disagree with calling Tina a "bitch." I was really expecting them to bicker and fight througout the whole leg with them being separated and all. But they actually worked quite well together. Tina screamed a few demands at him, but that's the worst it got between them.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;3207188;
    Hey... are you remixing the teams???? Nick and Starr surprisingly didn't annoy me, either. And I'm rooting for the locals Aja and Ty. And Ken seems like a good guy but I don't like the Non-Barbie wife of his. Not one little bit.
    oops! Yes, I am remixing the teams. Sorry, it takes me a while to get the names down, and I am too lazy to use online help...

It's a thing of beauty, that eyebrow.
    Travel safe ... good luck ... the world is waiting for you ... (BOING!) GO!

I have to claim some props - when Phil said that those climbing the steps on their knees would be asked a "secret question," and that if they didn't answer it correctly, they'd have to do the task again, I turned to Mrs. CrimsonLine and said, "the secret question has gotta be 'how many steps did you just climb?'"

I agree with the commenters here who have asked incredulously whether these contestants have ever watched the show before. That seemed like a "no brainer" to me. Of course, I was not in the heat of the Race...

It was funny to see Nick and Starr wondering what their internet nicknames will be, proposing "the kids." That shows an awareness of the internet community of Race watchers. But somehow, I doubt that "the kids" will be their nicknames. Maybe "Team Cammo"?

Ya, Starr doesn't look like a kid to me. She's, uh, quite growed up.

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8Leigh;3207181;
    I couldn't take the hippies with all that hair.
    They both looked like members of the band Grateful Dead.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonLine;3207300;
    I have to claim some props - when Phil said that those climbing the steps on their knees would be asked a "secret question," and that if they didn't answer it correctly, they'd have to do the task again, I turned to Mrs. CrimsonLine and said, "the secret question has gotta be 'how many steps did you just climb?'"

I agree with the commenters here who have asked incredulously whether these contestants have ever watched the show before. That seemed like a "no brainer" to me. Of course, I was not in the heat of the Race...
    Honestly, I didn't think the question would be about how many stairs they had climbed up. Phil had said that the locals performed the task for spiritual reasons, so I thought the question would be spiritual/religious in nature.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

I too thought it would be of a religious nature given with Phil said.

I would have counted because im OCD like that.. i do it now.. lol. But then again I'm odd.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

+ Reply to Thread