+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Race Asia 3

The Amazing Race Asia 3

Otherwise known as TARA3. The premiere is on 9/11.

TARA3 obviously doesn't air on TV sets in the US, but some people do upload the episodes on YouTube. But you have to be quick to watch the episodes. YouTube will delete them because the producers own a copyright over the show and request that their videos be taken off of YouTube (same thing goes for our version of TAR).

The Teams

Pailin & Natalie
    Beauty Queens
    Pailin - Miss Earth Thailand 2006
    Natalie - Miss Universe 2005

Thailand

Sam & Vince
    Best Friends
    Hong Kong

Neena & Amit
    Cousins
    India

Niroo & Kapil
    Father & Son
    India

William & Isaac
    Brothers
    South Korea

Ida & Tania
    Actress & Heiress
    Malaysia

Henry & Bernie
    Brother & Sister
    Malaysia

Geoff & Tisha
    Dating Couple
    Philippines

A.D. & Fuzzie
    Friends for 15 Years
    Singapore

Mai & Oliver
    Friends
    Thailand

Official Site
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Leo
    Premium Member

Re: The Amazing Race Asia 3

It annoys me to no end that for the THIRD STRAIGHT YEAR they've chosen out-and-out celebrities to represent the Philippines. I've considered applying with a friend of mine - but why bother if they disqualify everyone who hasn't done movies or has/had a nationally aired TV show? What bull.

Premium Member

Natalie is from Canada she was our last Miss Universe. So I am rooting for Palin and Natalie.

Henry and Bernie FTW

A.D. & Fuzzie FTW

I found the first episode on YouTube! Search betoyski22. Remember to be quick if you want to watch it because it may be taken down soon.

Mai & Oliver are so much like Flo & Zach (TAR3). Except with Flo & Zach, it was mostly Flo that bickered and complained. Zach kept his mouth shut most of the time. With Mai & Oliver, they both shout at each other when they fight over stupid things. And another difference is that I actually liked Flo & Zach. I'm not liking Mai & Oliver so far.

Early Favorites: Ida & Tania. I was not expecting to like them at all. But these two are just naturally funny. I found myself laughing at all of their antics. And their antics seem to be genuine, unlike Marc & Rovilson last season. Everything seemed contrived and fake with them.

Please Be Eliminated: Niroo & Kapil. The way they wouldn't stop shouting at their taxi driver at the end was disgusting. Even the taxi driver was having enough of them. I was disappointed when Neena & Amit got eliminiated and not these two.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3189311;
    Natalie is from Canada she was our last Miss Universe. So I am rooting for Palin and Natalie.
    Tisha is also Canadian. So there are actually a lot of Canadians on this season, considering that this is The Amazing Race Asia.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Search angguncs if you want to watch the second episode.

The episode was soooo long. I spent a lot of time watching this week's episode. But it was a good episode. Two good episodes so far. This season looks promising.

Leg 2 has to be one of the toughest legs ever in the history of TAR (American TAR included). I think I would have passed out if I was one of the racers. The leg literally went on and on and on and on. Henry even cried because it was so long.

Premium Member

I just watched it, did one of the teams say it was a 48 hour leg. OMG, they must have been exhausted afterwards. Felt bad for the team that was eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by paridy;3202451;
    I just watched it, did one of the teams say it was a 48 hour leg. OMG, they must have been exhausted afterwards. Felt bad for the team that was eliminated.
    Yes, I heard someone say that. The person could have been exaggerating, but I actually believe him/her after watching the last episode. Leg 2 was so tough, so grueling, and so long. I can't believe that the producers would think of doing such a leg on only the second one.

But nonetheless, I enjoyed it. And in the end, the boring team that brought no entertainment to the show got eliminated.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo;3188286;
    It annoys me to no end that for the THIRD STRAIGHT YEAR they've chosen out-and-out celebrities to represent the Philippines. I've considered applying with a friend of mine - but why bother if they disqualify everyone who hasn't done movies or has/had a nationally aired TV show? What bull.
    Leo, I've also been discussing this with my brother. And we can only come up with one conclusion. TARA producers prefer racers from the Philippines who carry non-Philippine passports (preferably US, Canadian, etc) which will allow them to enter many countries without the need of pre-arranging a visa. During the first season, they were still lenient probably because the farthest destinations were Dubai and Australia. But during Season 2, the race went as far as Hungary, Prague and South Africa and Marc & Rovilson plus Henry & Terri are non-Philippine passport holders. In the current season, Geoff & Tisha carry New Zealand and Canadian passports, respectively.

It would probably a big concern for the producers if they need to pre-arrange visas for some racers who require them in certain routes as it would be tantamount to spilling the countries to be visited. Philippine passport holders can only enter a specific number of countries without visas such as ASEAN, HK and Macau in Asia; Brazil, Israel, Morocco, Colombia and couple of other Central American nations. The latter places have never been tagged by TARA as possible pitstops.
    Last edited by dragonman64; 09-22-2008 at 10:54 PM. Reason: wrong grammar
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast