+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Nick and Starr - TAR 13

Re: Nick and Starr - TAR 13

Quote Originally Posted by Carbuncle;3214218;
    These were my favourites after the first episode but I've really gone off Nick after Sunday.

He was so rude to Sarah at the Road Block.
    I have to agree that this couple slipped a few notches in my "Like" list. I can appreciate ruthlessness in this game, it's part of it. For example, Rob & Amber, they made it perfectly clear from the beginning that they were out to win, no matter what the cost. And even though in the end they didn't, I couldn't help but laugh at all of their blatant manipulation of the game and other players!

What I don't like is when teams try to manipulate other people and not be up front about it. If you are going to play "defensivly" or "dirty" just own up to it and do it in everyone's face. I can respect that strategy. We'll see what happens next week when the Divorcee's confront them about the U-turn issue.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedFan1230;3216615;
    What I don't like is when teams try to manipulate other people and not be up front about it. If you are going to play "defensivly" or "dirty" just own up to it and do it in everyone's face. I can respect that strategy. We'll see what happens next week when the Divorcee's confront them about the U-turn issue.
    Exactly, WickedFan. For all his talking about how he has no problem playing dirty "as long as it benefits" him, he and his sister sure took the chicken s**t way out when they tried to get Ty and Aja to use the U-Turn on the divorcees...

I haven't totally sworn off of them, but they are falling fast in my book...

Honestly, the editing made it look like Nick & Starr and Kelly & Christy both hate each other, but I think it was obvious that only Kelly & Christy have some sort of animosity towards Nick & Starr.

First of all, there was no real proof that Starr threw the sports bra off the cliff other than the fact that she was there when it happened. Like Starr said, they really wouldn't benefit from throwing Christy's bra over the ledge.

Second, Nick was shown talking to the girls after they were obviously angered by the situation to try and patch things up. Would Nick really feel the need to talk to Kelly & Christy if he hated them? I know you can make the argument about how he may have just wanted to alleviate things just so that he and his sister wouldn't look like the bad guys to the others, but I really don't think that's the case.

Third, even though they wanted to U-turn Kelly & Christy, I still don't think that's proof that Nick & Starr have any sort of animosity towards the two girls. It's a competition, and Kelly & Christy were hot on their heels. I know they had the choice to U-turn Aja & Ty, but they were pretty much right next to them (I think they could have possibly been ahead of Nick & Starr). So the most reasonable choice was Kelly & Christy. It would have benefitted Nick & Starr since they knew that at least one team was behind them.

And responding to how they asked Aja & Ty to U-turn Kelly & Christy: to me, it looked like Nick & Starr were just asking them to not use the U-turn on them. If Aja & Ty were going to U-turn someone, then of course Nick & Starr don't want it to be them. They want it to be the other team, and the only other team in sight was Kelly & Christy. They had no clue if anyone else was behind (much like when the Goths U-turned Nic & Don in TAR12, but they were ahead of them, so the U-turn was no good).
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3216784;
    And responding to how they asked Aja & Ty to U-turn Kelly & Christy: to me, it looked like Nick & Starr were just asking them to not use the U-turn on them. If Aja & Ty were going to U-turn someone, then of course Nick & Starr don't want it to be them. They want it to be the other team, and the only other team in sight was Kelly & Christy. They had no clue if anyone else was behind.
    I'd like to believe you were right, CG, but I personally think they're more sinister than that and just wanted someone else to do their dirty work...

Quote Originally Posted by lobeck;3217242;
    I'd like to believe you were right, CG, but I personally think they're more sinister than that and just wanted someone else to do their dirty work...
    I totally agree lobeck!! Only time will tell, but I believe it's a preview of what's to come.

Personally I don't think they're sinister, I just think they're very tactical in what they do and what they say.

They're always being careful and I think it will do them in eventually.

Is nick gay? I need answer.

I think so. My gaydar has lit up several times on him throughout this race.

No, he has a girlfriend (I saw on his MySpace).
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3232062;
    No, he has a girlfriend (I saw on his MySpace).
    Whats the link?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast