+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What Do You Make of This? **SPOILERS**

What Do You Make of This? **SPOILERS**

I remember filiming for TAR began in late April. Yesterday I was walking in downtown Savannah when I came across this sign next to a monument. I have no idea what it could be for. Are they still shooting TAR?

The sign:

The monument it was next to:

Last edited by speedbump; 07-02-2008 at 08:06 AM.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Leo
    Premium Member

Re: What Do You Make of This? **SPOILERS**

From everything I've read before they never indicate TAR route markers that openly. It also doesn't match with the traditional red-and-yellow color scheme they've used for most of the seasons. Maybe it's a local ripoff or something?

It was still there this morning. I think you may be right, Leo. It's probably a local spinoff or I thought maybe the show went back to do some filler footage. Bummer though. I've always wanted to run into a taping of TAR.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by speedbump;3096972;
    It was still there this morning. I think you may be right, Leo. It's probably a local spinoff or I thought maybe the show went back to do some filler footage. Bummer though. I've always wanted to run into a taping of TAR.
    I would be so jealous if you did run into a taping of TAR. The All-Star season, when they finished in San Francisco, they were down the street (like a block) from my office at the time. But I had no clue that they were there until I saw the show and I was so disappointed that I didn't get to see them taping.

I remember in the Family Edition, they did stuff in Park City, UT. One of my friends lives in Pc, and is an avid fan of the show. Her kids went to Park City HS and none of them ever knew anything about the markers, etc., until they watched the show on TV.

About these markers, I have two theories.

1. I am wondering if maybe the local CBS station in your area was taking applications to be on the show? Up here, our CBS station will run ads on TV telling people who would like to try out for the show to meet in the parking lot of a local furniture store on such-and-such a date and they will be accepting applications. (On the CBS site, it is stated to submit videos, so I don't understand this.) So maybe the local station was conducting something similar and made the teams of applicants do some sort of trial run through the area?

Or....

2. Maybe it is someone's 30th or 40th and they are fans of the show and their friends decided to do something along the lines of a TAR party for their friend?

Who knows! If you do figure it out, enquiring minds want to know!

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3124861;
    I remember in the Family Edition, they did stuff in Park City, UT. One of my friends lives in Pc, and is an avid fan of the show. Her kids went to Park City HS and none of them ever knew anything about the markers, etc., until they watched the show on TV.

About these markers, I have two theories.

1. I am wondering if maybe the local CBS station in your area was taking applications to be on the show? Up here, our CBS station will run ads on TV telling people who would like to try out for the show to meet in the parking lot of a local furniture store on such-and-such a date and they will be accepting applications. (On the CBS site, it is stated to submit videos, so I don't understand this.) So maybe the local station was conducting something similar and made the teams of applicants do some sort of trial run through the area?

Or....

2. Maybe it is someone's 30th or 40th and they are fans of the show and their friends decided to do something along the lines of a TAR party for their friend?

Who knows! If you do figure it out, enquiring minds want to know!

That's funny... I graduated from Park City High School, but they came there way after I graduated--but I remember watching the show and being like, "Yup. Been there..." I just wish that they had gone there a> when I lived in Utah, and B> when it wasn't that awful family edition.

As far as the pic above goes, it could've been a decoy too from the producers if they had wind that people knew they were in town.

That happened to me when I was in Victoria Canada, there was an exact replica of a TAR clue, or stop or something, my friend and I stood there and watched and people went and took pictures with it, by it...it looked JUST like it, except there was just something not right about it..maybe I didnt think it would be out in the open like that, or maybe I expected more camera people..so I asked someone who was standing back observing and he said that it was a cruise group doing their own version in Victoria..

but it caused me to pause for a bit and watch to see if any TAR teams went by
    Clay Aiken "when everyones working on it change isnt impossible, its inevetible"

Sounds like a fun cruise!
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

+ Reply to Thread