+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Race 13 - Spoilers and Speculation

Re: Amazing Race 13

CBS site is open--all the cast photo's are there now.
    I Think The American Public Will See I'm Ethical And Honest

Richard Hatch Season 1

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Thanks for the heads up! Looks like an interesting cast. And doesn't TAR have a big cast reveal anymore on TES?

FORT Regular

Can someone provide a link to the CBS official Race 13 site? When I go to CBS I just get the Race 12 stuff with TK and Rachel as the winners!

Here's a link to the CBS site for the cast. Amazing Race Cast - CBS.com

And here is some cast descriptions from EOnline: Amazing Racers Ready to Roll - E! Online

Amazing Racers Ready to Roll
    Today 8:42 AM PDT by Gina Serpe

Monty Brinton / CBS
    Two McLovin-loving frat brothers, a former NFL player and his estranged wife (awkward) and a pair of honey-making hippies are among the competitors set for a globe-trotting spin around the world on the upcoming 13th season of the Amazing Race.

CBS has announced the 11 two-person teams set to compete on the Emmy-magnet reality show when it kicks off Sept. 28.

Phil Keoghan is again back with the best job in the world, lording over the global go-round as the teams traverse more than 30,000 miles in 23 days, vying for the $1 million prize.

Among the hot spots the teams are set to touch down on: Brazil, Bolivia, Russia, India, a first-ever stop in Cambodia and, for the sake of cultural learnings making benefit the glorious competitors, Kazakhstan.

"We shot most of that episode in [its] capital," executive producer Bertram van Munster said. "People were a little afraid we were going to pull a Borat on them. I told them we weren't doing Borat, but what happened there is very, very funny."

Here's a look at the teams:

Terence Gerchberg, running coach, 35; Sarah Leshner, investment analyst, 31 (newly dating)
    Marisa Axelrod, student, 22; Brooke Jackson, graphic designer, 24 (Southern belle best friends)
    Andrew Lappitt, student, 22; Dan Honig, hotel manager trainee, 23 (fraternity brothers nicknamed "Team Superbad")
    Aja Benton, aspiring actress, 25; Ty White, banker, 25 (dating long distance)
    Mark Yturralde, Comic-Con treasurer, 41; Bill Hahler, student aid administrator, 42 (best friends)
    Toni Imbimbo, accounting consultant, 51; Dallas Imbimbo, student, 22 (mother and son)
    Nick Spangler, actor, 22; Starr Spangler, former NFL cheerleader, 21 (brother and sister)
    Anita Jones, retired paralegal, 63; Arthur Jones, playground maintenance, 61 (married beekeepers)
    Kelly Crabb, sales representative, 26; Christy Cook, business developer, 26 (divorcees)
    Ken Greene, home builder and ex-NFL player, 51; Tina Greene, executive search firm president, 48 (separated)
    Anthony Marotta, mortgage broker, 32; Stephanie Kacandes, financial saleswoman, 32 (dating)
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Isn't the first episode supposed to air on Sept 22nd??
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

According to the CBS website the first episode is September 28th.

Judging from the bios, I think I am going to like Anita and Arthur.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Me too, dagwood. They look like fun!

I see we have yet another pair of blondes from my state. And....Starr Spangler? Someone's parents had a sense of humor.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I can hardly wait for the start of the show!! Out of all of the realilty shows, I think I'd love doing this one the most! I was asked today if they have ever had more than 1 black couple on the show in any of the season. I, honestly, can't remember. Does anyone know?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

In season one, they had Frank and Margherita who came in second place. They were separated parents who were trying to get their relationship back on track. Lenny and Karen were also on this season. Lenny and Karen were a dating couple who thought the race would bring them closer together, but by the time they were eliminated, Karen was done with Lenny.

In season two, mother-daughter team Deirdre and Hillary were the first team out. Shola and Doyin were identical twin brothers on this season.

In season three, Andre and Damon were the cop and firefighter buddies. Tramel and Talicia were brother and sister.

In season four, Monica and Sheree were the NFL football wives.

Season five had Chip and Kim.

Season six had Gus and Hera.

Season seven had Uchenna and Joyce.

Season eight (The family edition) had the black Family...mom, dad, two young boys.

Season nine had Ray and Yolanda.

Season ten had Lyn and Karlyn.

Season eleven (all-star edition) had Uchenna and Joyce.

Season twelve had Azaria and Henekea.

So in the first three seasons, there were two black "couples."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Here's an article from the AP. It does contain some very minor spoilers (locations and something about a team's mistake), and it does say they're currently scouting locations for the 14th season:

The Associated Press: Meet the new teams on 'The Amazing Race'

Meet the new teams on 'The Amazing Race'
    By DERRIK J. LANG 1 day ago

LOS ANGELES (AP) An ex-NFL player and his estranged wife, a former Dallas Cowboys cheerleader and her actor brother, recent divorcees, a pair of Southern belles and fraternity brothers are among the 11 two-person teams hurrying for the finish line and the $1 million grand prize on the upcoming 13th edition of CBS' "The Amazing Race."

"I love the fraternity brothers because they're so young and such a contrasting team," host Phil Keoghan recently told The Associated Press. "One takes his time to think things out. The other one loves to rush and go at a million miles an hour. There's definitely tension between the two of them while they're making decisions during the race."

Another team competing is geeky best friends Mark Yturralde, 41, and Bill Hahler, 42. The Comic-Con treasurer and student aid administrator from San Diego have been pals for over 20 years and have auditioned for "The Amazing Race" since the long-running reality series' third season. The superhero and gaming aficionados said they left their toys at home during the race.

"We've got really teeny backpacks," said Hahler. "They are small. We wanted to make sure that there wasn't anything to prevent us from putting that pack underneath the seat in front of us when we got on a plane. We didn't want something to happen where we got delayed because of our luggage. We thought that would help us go faster."

"We did extensive research on what to wear what was lightweight and would help us move the fastest," added Yturralde. "I think it was the longest I ever went without wearing a logo on my T-shirt. If you see me on the street, I'm usually wearing a Superman, Bizarro or Batman T-shirt on a constant basis, but we had to utilize more multi-use clothing for 'The Amazing Race.'"

Married beekeepers Anita, 63, and Arthur Jones, 61, from Eugene, Ore., are the oldest and perhaps most colorful team on this season of "The Amazing Race." Among the self-described hippies' mottos: "Don't worry, be hippie" and "The hokey pokey is what it's all about." Before the race, the Joneses worked out in hopes of keeping up with the other teams.

"We both tried to do some training, along the lines of going down to our little gym, but that was pretty much it," said Anita. "We have an emerging farm, so we do a lot of work out there, splitting wood and taking care of the horses. We're pretty physical, so we thought, 'Hey, we can be in there with everybody else. It'll be fun.'"

Ken Greene, a former St. Louis Cardinals and San Diego Chargers defensive back, now 51, will race with estranged wife Tina.

Starting at the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, the 13th season of the Emmy-winning reality competition (premiering Sept. 28 at 8 p.m. EDT) will follow the teams as they travel over 30,000 miles in 23 days to countries such as Brazil, Bolivia, Russia, India and Kazakhstan. It's the first time the series visited the landlocked country lampooned by Sacha Baron Cohen in "Borat."

"We shot most of that episode in the capital," said executive producer Bertram van Munster. "People were a little afraid we were going to pull a 'Borat' on them. I told them we weren't doing 'Borat,' but what happened there is very, very funny. It's not easy to shoot in places like that because they practically have no television industry."

Van Munster, who is currently scouting locations in Asia for the 14th season, promised the 13th season will include a series of firsts for the reality competition, including a mistake that ultimately prohibited one team from joining their fellow racers at the finish line, as well as a memorable first-ever stop for "The Amazing Race" in Cambodia.

"The teams have no idea how to get from Point A to Point B there," said van Munster. "They don't know the language. It's very difficult to get through this country. They get so stuck, but they find so many fascinating solutions of how to get through everything. One of the things the teams do there is go to a real-life floating village. It's insane."

Viewers shouldn't expect to witness the around-the-world shenanigans in high definition, according to van Munster. While the upcoming Gabon-set season of CBS' "Survivor" will be broadcast in HD for the first time, "The Amazing Race" co-creator said the network hasn't decided on a similar stance for the often on-the-bubble show.

"I don't think it's a priority," van Munster said. "We're just happy to continue making the show as it is."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast