+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Amazing Race 13 - Spoilers and Speculation

Re: Amazing Race 13

That is great news, and just what I came here to find out! Can't wait, TAR is by far my favorite reality show.

a jumble of useless facts gracie's Avatar

I've been trying to convince mr. gracie to apply. We've got the passports and now we've got the time.
    There is no reason for any individual to have a computer in his home. -Ken Olsen

My husband wants us to apply for the show. I think it would be fun.

I'd give anything to be on this show. I'm American by birth but also a Canadian citizen living in Canada. DH is Canadian. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be able to go on the show...don't you both have to be US citizens?

Great spoiler article. Thanks for sharing that. They are very impressive with their sleuthing. Wow! Gosh I hope there will be more than 2 seasons, I'd hate to see this show end.
    Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for the answer. ~Author Unknown

Some more info:

Source: 'Amazing Race' honcho teases new season | TV Biz | Hollywood Insider | EW.com

Amazing Race' honcho teases new season

Jul 31, 2008, 03:07 PM | by Dan Snierson

With the season 13 debut of CBS’ The Amazing Race looming just around the corner (okay, Sept. 28), exec producer Bertram Van Munster slipped us a few clues about the upcoming globetrot.

• The race takes 23 days, covers nearly 40,000 miles, spans five continents, and features some far-flung locales never before seen on the show, including Angkor Wat, Cambodia and La Paz, Bolivia.

• The youngest team is a tandem of two guys in their early 20s. “They’re made for television,” Van Munster says. “They’re supersmart — and they make terrible mistakes.” A pair of recent divorcees in their late 20s also vie for the million-dollar prize. “They were left with some financial debt, so they really have a motive to run around the world,” he says. And once again, expect a serving of granola — this time with a husband-wife squad of 60-something Oregon hippies. “They’re the real thing,” says Van Munster. “They come right out of the '60s. To a lot of people, it looks almost like they’re from a different planet.”

• As for the challenges, “We’ve really outdone ourselves in the department of outrageousness,” Van Munster declares. “We have a situation in Bolivia where we have the [contestants] go down a cobblestone hill on very, very primitive bikes, and it’s just the most hilarious thing you’ve ever seen in your life. It’s a truly bone-jarring experience.” (Another must-see detour: A by-train-or-by-bus scavenger hunt in Moscow. )

• One familiar thing actually did happen on this race: The producers didn’t predict the winner. Says Van Munster, “We’ve been wrong every time, across the board.”

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;3150875;
    I'd give anything to be on this show. I'm American by birth but also a Canadian citizen living in Canada. DH is Canadian. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't be able to go on the show...don't you both have to be US citizens?
    Yes. So you'd have to apply with one of your American relatives.
    It would be exciting if a Forter went on The Race! I know some of the racers have visited the forum before but I don't think any of them were members before racing.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Hmmm. I have a sister-in-law who lives in Arizona, who is Canadian by birth but married an American. Funny thing is, we both have the same name (Kim) and we're only 2 months apart in age. I wonder if they would buy that as a viable story?? LOL

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Cambodia and Bolivia I love it when TAR goes to new locations, especially ones I'd never expect to see them at. I don't like to pre-judge teams this far in advance, but been there, done that with the young males and the separated/divorced couples (who I usually end up rooting for anyway); though I wonder if this couple will also have the story line of trying to get back together or if they'll stick with reality and just portray them as a couple who really hates the site of each other and wouldn't go back to each other for all the money in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;3152494;
    I know some of the racers have visited the forum before but I don't think any of them were members before racing.
    There certainly have been racers on FORT. I had a PM conversation with one of them wherein I apologized profusely for what I said about them .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast