+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: 1/20 Finale Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 1/20 Finale Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Bonbonlover;2763554;
    did Ronald say this was first time he said I love you to Christina and meant it??????!!

I was shocked at what I heard but am hoping I heard wrong.
    That is what he said, but my take on it was that NOW it was more than words said to a child that they loved as such, but had no close connection with. He was saying that he now felt a genuine affection that comes with the closer relationship. Ron isn't a wordsmith.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;2763753;
    Oh god I hope they don't try to become friends and hang out. Nate and Jen will tarnish our happy couple. lol
    Too late; according to TK, he and Rachel are very close friends with Nate/Jen and he says they were no where near as bad on the race as they came across on TV. Since I like both couples, I was glad to hear TK say that they're friends.

FORT Newbie

judging by the shadows, it wasn't nearly as close at the finish as they made it out to be. Gotta love their editing.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by jdonutken;2763856;
    Did the producers tinker with the final leg format to reduce "running time" in view of the senior finalists? 'Cause my wife and i recall previous races having brutally long runs to the finish mat...These guys hop out of a cab and the finish line is a hop, skip, and a jump away...
    I don't think so. Started watching from TAR2. Remembered watching Tara and Wil hop out of the cab first only to lose to Chris & Alex due to an insanely long foot race.

Ever since TAR2, all the foot races were shortened and I don't consider this season's foot race to be an exceptionally short one.

Congrats to TK and Rachel for the win!! Started out the final episode wanting to see TK and Rachel win. Watching Ron & Chris performed so well at the start and how harmonious make me root for them, only to watch them lose at the very end. Hehe.

That was a great finale. I had to tape it so I caught up on it late. I was rooting for Ron and Christina for most of the race, btu I'm not sad to see TK & Rachel win. She did a good job getting that last "logic" task done - that looked incredibly complicated so good for her!

I noticed one thing that makes me wonder about other legs of the race. The way they described the places they were going in AK made it look like they could be covering a lot of territory, but they were kinda going in circles. I grew up in Anchorage, fished at the 20 Mile River throughout my childhood, and spent about half my time growing up in Girdwood, home of Alyeska Resort - the best skiing available in the US (JMO ) This finale was a trip down memory lane for me...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2764774;
    I noticed one thing that makes me wonder about other legs of the race. The way they described the places they were going in AK made it look like they could be covering a lot of territory, but they were kinda going in circles.
    I have always thought this to be the case in some venues. I bet you had fun watching! I would love to watch them race in a familiar setting.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

I just re-watched the finale this morning and I have to say that Phil looked really really very very good in his ice climbing gear on the side of that glazier. If I knew how to do screen captures, I'd make that shot of him my wall paper. Yummy!
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

+ Reply to Thread