+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 1/13 Show Discussion Thread *spoilers*

Re: 1/13 Show Discussion Thread *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2752841;
    I really like the way they did the speed bumps. To me, it is a far more logical punishment than the no money thing for an non-elimination. It is an extra challenge, so its a disadvantage. But by making it fun and do-able, it is something that CAN be overcome. That means that non-elimination really means "you get a second chance" instead of just "you're still going to be eliminated, but we're going to give you a little more camera time".
    I agree. It also depended on the team's attitude toward the speedbump. An emotional racer (think "Jen") could very easily had a meltdown at simply the thought of doing an extra task, which then would have taken longer. Kynt/Vyxsin & TK/Rachel both approached it with a good attitude and finished it quickly.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by maersk;2752432;
    can someone say BEST FINAL 3 EVER!?
    I can!
    Nate and Jen did themselves in. All that bickering & arguing wastes a lot of time. I also think it's a case of trying too hard, IMO. Anyway, they were lucky to race this far. They got a lucky break 2 weeks ago when the goths made an error--they should have been out of the race then. In any case, I'm not sad to see them go.

The F3 teams seem to respect and care for each other a lot, so it'll be interesting to watch and see who has the most competitive edge in the end. I'm giving it to Ron/Christina. No matter who wins, it'll be a no-hard-feelings finale for sure, and that's a nice, refreshing change for once. I'll be happy to see any of these teams win.
    Last edited by jewels2312; 01-14-2008 at 11:50 AM.

I like the speedbump format better than both the no-money and you-have-to-come-in-first options for the NELs. I hope they keep this one up in future seasons!

I am sooooo happy that Nate and Jen are out. I was completely stressed at the end of this episode until I knew they were out of it. I was so tired of her making nasty/snide comments about every other team. She is a "hater" and can't stand to give credit to people who are working hard and doing better in the race than she is.

I don't really care who wins in the finale. It is refreshing to like every team at the end of the race!

FORT Regular

Like most posters, I am glad to see Nate and Jen gone. If they're still together as a couple, I would be genuinely shocked. Unfortunately, TAR doesn't do a reunion show, so I guess we'll have to find out from one the many gossip pages on the Web!!!

I'm rooting for Ron and Christina to win. He really has changed for the better and their game has improved since his change. Hell, last night, he was even encouraging her during the walk across the rocks.

TK and Rachel are to be commended for their efforts last night!! I, for one, didn't think they had a shot, but they worked hard and pulled it off. Of course, the fact that the Floating Garden didn't open until 10AM helped them, but you have to get them credit for taking advantage of all the breaks that fell their way (e.g., getting on the same flight and same train as Nate/Jen and Kid/Gramps).

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by veejer;2752848;
    I agree. It also depended on the team's attitude toward the speedbump. An emotional racer (think "Jen") could very easily had a meltdown at simply the thought of doing an extra task, which then would have taken longer. Kynt/Vyxsin & TK/Rachel both approached it with a good attitude and finished it quickly.
    Rachel can get very emotional too. She is lucky to have TK as a partner. That being said I'm glad they made it. When I saw Jen demanding they take the subway I thought TK and Rachel had a shot at the final 3.

I do have to say though, its gotta suck breaking up in Taipei, Taiwan of all places. Were they for sure breaking up or making up?? Ah well, I was just not a fan of Jen and Nate's at all but I guess I do tend to dislike any of the contestants that bicker and argue like they did.

I am liking all of the teams this time around in the final 3. I know a lot of people are disliking Ron but I think he is not as bad as the editing makes him out to be. You can kinda see that this race has helped to change him and improve his relationship with Christina.

FORT Fogey

I was so happy last night, and it made this season! I was so afraid it would be another Flo & Zach finish - I couldn't stand Flo's whining and attitude, giving up, she was so lucky to have a TK type partner in Zach... so to have the fighting group gone, it'll be such an enjoyable final!

nick & don for the win

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Am I the only person who thought that Jen had an uncanny resmblance to Elisabeth Hasselbeck?

I am not sorry that Jen is gone. But I do feel sorry for Nate. Hope he wakes up and gets away from her! Things, like Jen, that are annoying before marriage usually just get worse after marriage.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I cheered when they got to the mat and were eliminated. I love drama but her whining was just out of hand. It was almost like watching Victoria and Jonathan!
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread