+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: 1/13 Show Discussion Thread *spoilers*

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 1/13 Show Discussion Thread *spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Nghe;2752577;
    It's just TV editing! Do you really believe that an airline employee with a filming crew on his/her face would risk losing his/her job by listening to a passenger's irrational request?
    I think the flight indeed did not have any more available seats regardless of what Christina was saying .
    When I say crappy gameplay I mean Christina suggesting it in the first place Like you, I don't believe for two seconds that Christina did anything to prevent anyone from getting on that flight, I do believe the flight was full so they made it look like she did, and this has been proven in the past by TAR racers who tried to keep other teams off of a flight but reading interviews and watching the insider videos you'll see those same teams saying that the airline employee said sorry, can't do it. In this case Christina got lucky.

Honestly, if you had asked me to predict the final 3 when the teams were first released, I would never have said these 3. Not even TK & Rachel, who were even my pre-show favorites. I thought they were going to be eliminated first (you can check their thread for that statement).

But am I happy that they're the final three? Hellz yea! And it's not because Jennifer & Nathan are not a part of it. I liked them, and it would have been good to see them in the final 3. Would have I liked to see them win? No, not at all. Thank goodness the spoilers were wrong. But as I said, I still liked them and would have preferred them in the final 3 over Ron & Chris or Nic & Donald.

I actually don't like Nic & Donald. I never got to liking them. I don't like Ron either. Christina I really like, but I don't want to see her win because she has Ron as a partner. But I'm still happy that these two teams are in the final 3. Like Nic said, the teams that were remaining aren't huge competitors. Even I have to admit that. Ron & Chris are on a hot streak right now having gotten 1st twice in a row (3 times in all), but would they be if someone like Azaria & Hendekea were still there? TK & Rachel, though being my favorites and getting 1st two times, are always up & down. They have their good days (like in Lithuania where they went from the bottom of the pack to the top) and their bad days (like on leg 9 when they got last). And Nic & Don's only time at top was when they used the FF. They've been in the bottom of the pack most of time.

And because these three teams aren't the strongest out of the bunch, there's a better chance of TK & Rachel winning.

And is it just me, or are speedbumps really fun? I expected really hard, time consuming tasks. But no, we got yoga and running through fireworks.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Now that was an excellent episode. I am happy with all of the final three, but I hope TK and Rachel win.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I almost felt bad clapping my hands with a huge smile on my face as Phil went into his look of sorrow and eliminated Nate and Jen. I, too, read the spoiler that they would win the race, and was very, very happy when they left before the final legs.

I like all of the remaining teams, and would be happy to see any of them win. Ron has improved his attitude and Christina glows. Don looks tired, but he's plugging along - and TK and Rachel - where did they come from? One minute they're going crazy looking for a clue box, and the next they're at the train station with everyone else. Those two did very well, even with heightened nerves this leg.

Is it just me, or does anyone else think Nick has a bit of a crush on Christina? I've noticed it for a while. Anyway I'm so happy with the set-up for the finale!!! It looks like Alaska (ice picks and crabs). Go Teams Go!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2752588;
    Now that was an excellent episode. I am happy with all of the final three, but I hope TK and Rachel win.
    Yeah I want them to win as well, but I also want the Christiana and her dad to win as well.

I am so glade Nate and Jen lost. That girl needs some serious "Anger Management" classes and fast. Was Nate crying when Jen broke up with him? If he was, then I hope those tears were for joy. Because I think he can do so much better than her.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2752587;
    And is it just me, or are speedbumps really fun? I expected really hard, time consuming tasks. But no, we got yoga and running through fireworks.
    I was expecting the speedbumps to be more difficult as well. It seems that all they were really looking for was something to eat up a little bit of time. It's really hard to tell how much time either of the speed bumps actually ate up.

I was so incredibly delighted that Nate and Jen were gone. I kept telling my husband that I had read that they won and that I just couldn't stand the thought. Jen presented herself in such a negative and nasty light. I just couldn't stand the thoughts of her getting the win/money.

I am okay with any of these three winning.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;2752581;
    When I say crappy gameplay I mean Christina suggesting it in the first place Like you, I don't believe for two seconds that Christina did anything to prevent anyone from getting on that flight, I do believe the flight was full so they made it look like she did, and this has been proven in the past by TAR racers who tried to keep other teams off of a flight but reading interviews and watching the insider videos you'll see those same teams saying that the airline employee said sorry, can't do it. In this case Christina got lucky.
    Every season we hear someone ask an airline employee to refuse another team! Every season. They just get caught up in the drama. Though Ron and Christina are not my favorite team, I did not hold this against her. It never works anyway.

At least Jen got one thing she wanted for ther birthday:

Nat cried.

Why did I keep thinking of Owen Wilson whenever they showed her being interviewed? I think it was her mouth.

TK and Rachel are the only two I care anything about. And little at that.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;2752780;
    I was expecting the speedbumps to be more difficult as well. It seems that all they were really looking for was something to eat up a little bit of time. It's really hard to tell how much time either of the speed bumps actually ate up.
    I really like the way they did the speed bumps. To me, it is a far more logical punishment than the no money thing for an non-elimination. It is an extra challenge, so its a disadvantage. But by making it fun and do-able, it is something that CAN be overcome. That means that non-elimination really means "you get a second chance" instead of just "you're still going to be eliminated, but we're going to give you a little more camera time".

+ Reply to Thread