+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Team Averages - Season 12

Team Averages - Season 12

In this thread, I'll be looking at the average of each team when it comes to their final placement in each leg. For example, Azaria & Hendekea lasted 6 legs. They placed 1st on the first leg, 5th on the second leg, 1st on the third leg, 1st on the fourth leg, 4th on the fifth leg, and 6th (last) on the sixth leg. If you find the average of all their placements, you get 3.

I'll do this with all eleven teams. At the end, we can see which teams did the best during the time they lasted in the race by looking who has the lowest average. Since the show is still airing, I'll update the list after each episode.

Here's a chart that contains each team's placements:

(By the way, I didn't make this chart. I just edited it.)

Here's a list of each team and their average. It's ordered from the team that did the best to the team that did the worst. If a team is italicized, that means they have already been eliminated.
    1. Azaria & Hendekea - 3
    2. TK & Rachel - 3.5
    3. Kynt & Vxysin - 3.625
    4. Jennifer & Nathan - 3.875
    5. Ronald & Christina - 4.25
    6. Nicolas & Donald - 4.625
    7. Lorena & Jason - 5.25
    8. Shana & Jennifer - 5.8
    9. Marianna & Julia - 8.333
    10. Kate & Pat - 9
    11. Ari & Staella - 11

So if you just look at each team's average, then Azaria & Hendekea did the best out of everyone.

If I made any mistakes with the math (or anything else for that matter), just tell me.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Re: Team Averages - Season 12

Averages after Leg 9:
    1. Azaria & Hendekea - 3
    2. TK & Rachel - 3.5556
    3. Kynt & Vxysin - 3.625
    4. Jennifer & Nathan - 3.6667
    5. Ronald & Christina - 3.8889
    6. Nicolas & Donald - 4.444
    7. Lorena & Jason - 5.25
    10. Kate & Pat - 9
    11. Ari & Staella - 11

None of the rankings changed, though the averages for the remaining teams all changed.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2737422;
    In this thread, I'll be looking at the average of each team when it comes to their final placement in each leg. For example, Azaria & Hendekea lasted 6 legs. They placed 1st on the first leg, 5th on the second leg, 1st on the third leg, 1st on the fourth leg, 4th on the fifth leg, and 6th (last) on the sixth leg. If you find the average of all their placements, you get 3.

I'll do this with all eleven teams. At the end, we can see which teams did the best during the time they lasted in the race by looking who has the lowest average. Since the show is still airing, I'll update the list after each episode.

Here's a chart that contains each team's placements:

(By the way, I didn't make this chart. I just edited it.)

Here's a list of each team and their average. It's ordered from the team that did the best to the team that did the worst. If a team is italicized, that means they have already been eliminated.
    1. Azaria & Hendekea - 3
    2. TK & Rachel - 3.5
    3. Kynt & Vxysin - 3.625
    4. Jennifer & Nathan - 3.875
    5. Ronald & Christina - 4.25
    6. Nicolas & Donald - 4.625
    7. Lorena & Jason - 5.25
    10. Kate & Pat - 9
    11. Ari & Staella - 11

So if you just look at each team's average, then Azaria & Hendekea did the best out of everyone.

If I made any mistakes with the math (or anything else for that matter), just tell me.

The only thing I disagree with is your statement "Azaria & Hendekea did the best out of everyone".

But I don't think you can rationally make that comparison. You can compare teams on the same leg, or teams that have completed the same stunts and at least have some real world comparison through shared experience.

For example up to the point that Azaria & Hendekea were eliminated the teams had the same tasks to compare (and even that isn't a true comparison, you would need to factor out all forms of equalization to come close to that, and I've tried its not easy).

It would be fairer (in my opinion of course), to make a more general statement like up to leg 6 Azaria & Hendekea had the best average. Because while we can judge other teams (though again they reflect things like equalization that some more then others) that have completed other legs, we can't judge Azaria & Hendekea on those legs, because they never performed them. They could have done significantly better, or significantly worse.

But I love the chart and the especially the Legend.

Exactly mswood. That's why I said, "So if you just look at each team's average..." There are many other things to look at to determine which team did the best.

And I was going to look at the average for each leg to be a little fairer, but I was too lazy. So I just went ahead and did the averages up to leg 8 (the first time I did them).

And I can't take credit for the chart. Like I said, I didn't make it. I just edited it.

CrossingGuard, thanks for posting this chart. I like looking at statistics like this.

FORT Newbie

Yeah, thanks for the stats! You're the Bill James of TAR!

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeTrees;2750612;
    Yeah, thanks for the stats! You're the Bill James of TAR!
    Wait, who's Bill James?

ETA: Okay, never mind. I looked him up.
    Last edited by CrossingGuard; 01-12-2008 at 02:40 AM.

1. Azaria & Hendekea - 3
    2. TK & Rachel - 3.4
    3. Ronald & Christina - 3.6
    4. Kynt & Vxysin - 3.625
    5. Jennifer & Nathan - 3.7
    6. Nicolas & Donald - 4..3
    7. Lorena & Jason - 5.25
    10. Kate & Pat - 9
    11. Ari & Staella - 11

Ron & Christina have overtaken Kynt & Vxysin and Jennifer & Nathan; they're now in third place. Out of the remaining teams, TK & Rachel are still the ones with the highest average.

Here is the chart for the final rankings:

Averages:
    1. Azaria & Hendekea - 3
    2. TK & Rachel - 3.1818
    3. Ronald & Christina - 3.4545
    4. Kynt & Vxysin - 3.625
    5. Jennifer & Nathan - 3.7
    6. Nicolas & Donald - 4.1818
    7. Lorena & Jason - 5.25
    10. Kate & Pat - 9
    11. Ari & Staella - 11

I put the winners in bold.

So nothing changed from last week, except all of the final 3's averages all went up. Azaria & Hendekea remain the top team when it comes to the averages.

+ Reply to Thread