+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011

Thread: 12/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 12/30 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;2737738;
    Kynt & Vyxin got a raw deal last night when it came to that U-turn. Maybe they would have lost anyhow, but it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to leave it up to racers to GUESS as to who choosing to use it could actually apply to. Even if they'd prevailed, they would have then have had another team unnecessarily irked at them.

The team that came in last argues like they've been married for ten miserable years. I liked Kynt's houndy statement about enjoying ogling Vyxen.
    Yeah, that came out of left field. I could never quite figure out if they liked each other "in that way" before, lol. But she is a strikingly beautiful girl. And Kynt has so much style. I love that team, and was sorry to see them go.

However, unless TAR cut the sequence of events to shreds, how could they not have known the obnoxious team was behind them, as they were both at the flower task at the same time, and the goths finished first? It makes me think there must be something to destiny, as in they must not have been destined to win this race, otherwise, how to explain that huge mistake, and then the slow-up with the receipts that was the final nail in their groovy hot pink-and-black coffin?

Vyxsin final comment about being certain that life will always have adventures as long as she is with Kynt was great.
    Last edited by Harvest; 01-01-2008 at 02:26 PM.

Pet Peeve Alert...

If you could care less, then please, do. Otherwise, it's "I couldn't care less" peoples!

I think the power of editing left out a key element in why K&V chose the wrong ones to U-turn. Maybe they saw pops and the kid on route to the U-Turn? Something surely happened to make them think they were still behind them...they're not that stupid!

Are they...?

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tivoer;2739338;
    Pet Peeve Alert...

If you could care less, then please, do. Otherwise, it's "I couldn't care less" peoples!

I think the power of editing left out a key element in why K&V chose the wrong ones to U-turn. Maybe they saw pops and the kid on route to the U-Turn? Something surely happened to make them think they were still behind them...they're not that stupid!

Are they...?
    And it's regardless not irregardless, etc, etc, etc. However, this is a forum for opinion, not a class on English grammar. If we spent our time here correcting each others grammar I'm sure not one of us would escape unnoticed.

Kynt said he was choosing Nick and Donald because they were always running towards the back of the pack, and they were the most likely to be behind them. There was no mention that they had seen them recently, or at all for that matter.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Still a dumb move because K&V had to perform the extra task so logically they
    should have known they were in last place at first task(in fact they were) so any team with them were also in last place.

Kynt's non-competitive nature got the best of him as Vick wanted to U-turn N&J. There is no excuse for not U-turning the team behind you if your fighting for last place.

12 TAR's and teams still do not learn???????

Umm...ok, I said it was a pet peeve, and didn't point out anyone in particular...but thanks for the tip.

Again...goes towards the power of editing...just because they didn't show it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
    Last edited by Tivoer; 01-02-2008 at 05:44 PM.

Goth couple eliminated on 'Amazing Race' - Yahoo! News

Goth couple eliminated on 'Amazing Race' By DERRIK J. LANG, AP Entertainment Writer
    Wed Jan 2, 7:40 PM ET

NEW YORK - The team with the most makeup couldn't make up lost time on "The Amazing Race." Goth couple Kynt Cothron and Vyxsin Fiala were eliminated in Mumbai, India, after encountering two new race twists: the U-Turn and Speed Bump, the CBS reality show's new penalty for teams spared removal during non-elimination legs.

Cothron and Fiala previously came in last place on "The Amazing Race" but weren't eliminated. While the flashy team easily overcame the yoga-posing Speed Bump challenge, they made their biggest blunder with the race's second U-Turn, which allows one team to force another team to backtrack during the race.

"We don't see what you see at home," Fiala told The Associated Press during a telephone interview Wednesday. "You're omnipotent. We really don't know where other teams are during the race."

That's why Cothron and Fiala failed to target dating couple Nathan Hagstrom and Jennifer Parker the only team trailing the goth couple from Louisville, Ky. with the U-Turn.

"From our vantage point, they were the one team ahead of us," Cothron said.

Cothron and Fiala weren't able to catch up to Hagstrom and Parker, the bickering dating couple from California who have referred to Cothron and Fiala as "freaks" and claimed they had "witch powers" during the race.

"Anyone who looks different is probably used to getting called names," Fiala said. "I can't say that's the first time Kynt or I have been called something cruel based on our appearance. To be honest, those are hardly the worst things we've been called."

The team says their flamboyant pink-and-black attire didn't deter them during their time on the competitive reality series. In fact, Cothron believes their ostentatiousness was an asset.

"We never had trouble getting information or directions," says Cothron. "Although our look is definitely different, there's nothing intimidating about us. We're very friendly people. We love having conversations with complete strangers."

Cothron and Fiala estimate they spent about a half-hour getting dolled before the beginning of each leg.

"I think I was the first person on `The Amazing Race' to pack a flat iron," Cothron said.

___

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster;2737738;
    Kynt & Vyxin got a raw deal last night when it came to that U-turn. Maybe they would have lost anyhow, but it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to leave it up to racers to GUESS as to who choosing to use it could actually apply to. Even if they'd prevailed, they would have then have had another team unnecessarily irked at them.

The team that came in last argues like they've been married for ten miserable years. I liked Kynt's houndy statement about enjoying ogling Vyxen.

I agree and was confused by that. When they did the yield, weren't they shown the pictures of who was behind them? I didn't like this at all, even though K and V made such a stupid mistake knowing Jen and Nate were right behind them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011