+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will an all female team ever win?

Re: Will an all female team ever win?

Quote Originally Posted by astrotronix;2726770;
    I really think that it all depends on who is casted. I believe that the Beauty Queens was kind of like an "oops" kind of thing that worked out to the shows advantage. It did suck how there were 2 all female teams and they still got beat by Dani and Eric? (he was a horrible team-mate, but hot)
    Yeah, but the beauty queens lost in a non-phyisical task.
    So, an all female can win regardless of the CBS "political correctness" casting.

I think the problem is that they try to get pretty female teams lol instead of getting strong ones. But we have some strong female teams Dustin/Kandice are a perfect example.
    The big brother addiction its taking over

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by AZHotFlash;2726647;
    Statistically they will have to have more female teams competing in the race .. they seem to have more male/female teams or male/male teams .. and then throw in one or two female/female teams .. and as Krom posted .. they always go for the "casting factor" ...
    There has always been more male/female teams.

And while there has been 3 seasons with just one All Male team (Marshall & Lance, Avi & Joe, Nicholas & Donald), there has always been at least 2 all female teams in each season.

In 11 2 person season we have had 24 women teams and 27 male teams. The casting hasn't been that lopsided.

there has always been at least 2 all female teams in each season.
    How many of those have been old lady teams, or bickering bitch teams, or useless mostly decorative girl teams?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2732492;
    How many of those have been old lady teams, or bickering bitch teams, or useless mostly decorative girl teams?
    See this is the thing. You do realize that you just described a lot of the guy teams as well.

1 female teams is 50 or older (both racers), and thats Peggy & Claire.

1 male team is 50 and older (both racers) Joe & Bill.

There are more physical over weight male teams then women teams.

There are more racing teams (Single sex teams) with a racer over 40, then women teams.

For your younger eye candy females. Yes they cast a lot of them (Some have been smart and made terrible choices Heather & Eve and Debbie & Bianca). Some just aren't prepared for the rigors of the race (Dani & Danielle, Megan & Heidi), some just get the hard breaks (Lena & Christy).

But just as we get eye candy casting for women, we get that for men as well.

Brian & Greg (Big dorks, nearly eliminated twice), Derek & Drew (who did tasks well but had problems with navigation and fighting with each other, nearly eliminated 1st episode and finally out with a huge error), David & Jeff (Not smart, huge mistakes only the Gutsy grannies made a worse flight plan), Eric & Jeremy (by own admission not smart), Tyler & James (not book smart, poor navigators in a season of terrible navigators, James is afraid to do half the stunts).

Really as far as smart, young and athletic we have had 3 male teams that really qualify Rob & Brennan (Who raced consistently strong), Erwin & Godwin (who raced poorly with the oddest idea of what competition is), and Sholya & Doyin.

What personally I find to be the biggest thing is we hear on clips and episodes (and of course perhaps the guys are just as bad and just not shown typically), is navigation, not prepared for the stress of the race, and not being able to drive a stick.

Based on all footage we have more females who don't know how to drive a stick. We hear them say how they aren't prepared for the race, and admit to not being able to navigate.

Those are huge.

Now some seasons are lighter on teams having to drive themselves far (this season for example, and others are very heavy season 9 for example.

I do wonder how much of those three things are affected by how we typically assign gender roles (though of course over the years we have improved dramatically).

have more to post but am getting interrupted,

why not have all-females Amazing Race? That'll be a twist! also all-males Amazing Race. That way we could witness potential catfights or macho showoffs (i.e. stupidity or something like that would more likely unfold).
    Huh? Oh, you talkin' to me? Sorry, I didn't hear you.

FORT Newbie

My partner and I have what it takes to win the Amazing Race - we can both drive a stick, I can navigate, we're both strong, physically fit, smart, and determined.....

....now if they would just cast us.....

Don't forget that Charla and Mirna came close to winning--I think eventually an all female team will win. After all there are plenty iof challenges that do not require brute strength to win, and the majority of the winners (I think!) have been male/female, not all male.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

There's no reason why a female team couldn't win. Women are detail oriented by nature, and can physically kick ass if able, so it should happen. I think it all comes down to physicality, since the road blocks and detours can get pretty rough. Then again, bigger boobs and blonder hair might get it done, too. (ugh)

Quote Originally Posted by *CaT*;2721167;
    spoilers

Click to see Spoiler:
    an all girls team won the first season of the amazing race asia. and to be honest, that was so so so much harder than any of the US versions
    I just have to respond to this. The all-female team (I think their names are Jo Jer and Sabrina?) won The Amazing Race Asia. That doesn't really count. It's like saying Kelly Clarkson won Pop Idol, you know? International shows may have the same format, but it's not exactly the same show.

And speaking of international versions, I find it so funny that an all-female team has won the Asian version AND the Brazilian version in the first season. And yet, here we are at 12 seasons, and there still has yet to be an all-female team win our version. Anything can happen, and I definitely think an all-female team winning the American version is going to happen.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast