+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: 12/2 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey

Re: 12/2 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I think Nick probably just comes across like a lot of younger people impatient, rude, and deserving. A lot of young people feel entitled to good things without giving any good out. The fact that he did not scream and holler though despite being duped by the ticket lady does show there is a good side to the guy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by gracie727;2703499;
    Amazingly enough, the easiest, fastest, most accurate way to count is to count in 3's. 3 x 33 +1 =100. When people count in 5's and 10's, they make lots of mistakes. Same thing when counting in 2's.
    What a cool tip! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton;2703721;
    I think for the first time in a long time TAR has gotten the casting almost completely good. Take out the token blonde girl whiners and the token dysfunctional fighting couple and replace them with more diverse pairings and would be perfect. Getting rid of the alpha male teams was a great change.
    So "diversity" is excluding the single white heterosexual males?

Interesting.

We do win everything and have had our "turn".

Getting rid of the alpha male teams was a great change.
    What about Nathan and Jennifer? She acts like she's got a pair.
    Last edited by Adult Beverage; 12-03-2007 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tivoer;2703801;
    So "diversity" is excluding the single white heterosexual males?

Interesting.
    "Alpha" doesn't mean,"single, white, heterosexual". Alphas can be black, or Asian, or Hispanic, or gay, or married to a woman, or married to each other.

Alpha means a dominant, leader-of-the-pack sort, whether in actuality or in their own mind.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Happy to see the whiniest teams gone, gone, gone. Now we can see some racing.

FORT Fogey

I just meant strong male types. They could be gay, white, black, any race for tht matter. I am in the belief that most two male teams are going to go far unless a huge mistake as a lot of the race and tasks involves endurance and muscle. Now put two women bodybuilders on, and I might see them as the alpha team to so I do not appreciate thinking that I am saying something I am not.

I love the diversity of teams on the race not so much the way they look, but the relationships and skill levels. I was sick of the token models, token sparring couple, token alpha male team in the finals each year.

Now it is getting really interesting. My two favorite teams, Kynt/Vyxsin and Rachel/TK are still running strong. Kynt's attitude has been wonderful - first in Africa, then at the festival in Lithuania. I wonder which team will crash next - one of the family teams or Jennifer/Nathan? Ron's hernia could blow or from the previews, Nathan could throw Jennifer into the bay.

I liked that they featured a small African country this go around. It was good for us (me) to see the conditions and how the people cope with what they are given.

Another surprise for me was our brief glimpse of Lithuania. I loved seeing modern Vilnius contrasted to a countryside village. The midsummer festival was a real treat. That Travelocity gnome must have been visiting...LOL...and he brought a few relatives with him.

P.S. Does Nick have a little crush on Christina? I thought I saw something last week, but it was missing this week?

P.P.S. The U-Turn was an interesting turn of events. I like it - the waylaid team has to continue the challenge rather than sit, wait and get really ticked off. At least they can burn off some steam.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by gracie727;2703499;
    I used to have a job in the pharmaceutical industry and we had to provide accurate counts all the time. Amazingly enough, the easiest, fastest, most accurate way to count is to count in 3's. 3 x 33 +1 =100. When people count in 5's and 10's, they make lots of mistakes. Same thing when counting in 2's.

As for this program -- Almost 1/2 the teams have been eliminated and I still don't have a favorite yet! I'm sort of leaning towards the Goths but I'm not quite there yet.
    You're good. I can only count in multiple of 2. My boss can count in multiple of 5.
    "I was ionized, but I'm OK now", Buckaroo Banzai

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2703339;
    I'm still enjoying the show a great deal even though I actively DISLIKE most of the teams.
    I hate all the teams this season. I guess for now on there will be evil blondes team each season. I wish they would have a season of equals so it can be an actual race.

The blondes might be friends but they didn't work well together at all. Sorry to see them go.

+ Reply to Thread