+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: 11/25/07 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers** (Delayed start time thread)

Re: 11/25/07 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers** (Delayed start time thread)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2691518;
    I also enjoyed tonight's show, but I'm a die-hard TAR fan.

Last week there were less than 80 posts and the week before less than 130. However, I just looked back at earlier seasons and noticed that TAR has never had all that many posts. Traditionally the show has garnered around 130 posts per show.
    Uncle David, I have to tape TAR as it's now on a work night Still, in seasons when I used to be able to watch and be here with everyone else, the show moves too fast in many cases to keep up with and post at the same time, at least for those of us who don't type all that fast or accurately anyway! Still, TAR is my favorite reality show, together with Survivor, and I'll watch as long as it airs.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

tonight's show was great. I got so tickled when the sister had to go to the bathroom in the middle of a race. Jen is messing it up for her partner by acting a fool at the pit stop. Did she honestly think that the brother/sister team would give up their chance of coming in first? Did anyone else capture PHil and that guy's facial expression when Jen was blabbering about not winning first? Priceless..... I was happy to see the father/daughter team act more nicer. The Pink couple are still my favorite team. I cried with her in the taxi. I think the blondes picked the wrong time to use the Uturn. Just hope they pick up the pace in the next leg of the race.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;2691539;
    i don't think a lack of posters points to a show 'jumping the shark'. to jump the shark, wouldn't there have to be the combination of a departure from a shows original direction and belief? I think that TAR has returned to its original simplicity, the new U-Turn twist withstanding.

i think the lack of posters are do to a combination of things - one is that it is a holiday weekend and two i think there is a trend towards people dvr'ing (what is the proper verb for that activity, anyway?) shows to be watched at a later more convenient time. so, it's not that the shows are being watched, they are being fit into increasingly busy lives. i think this is especially true of shows that get delayed by sports programs. All of a sudden that window of time a busy parent or working person has set aside is now gone and so is the time for commentary.
    Hmmm, you may be right but for me this is the first time after watching ALL seasons I found myself not very interested in the show.

I'm a huge TAR fan but this season I can't find even one team to root for. I think the casting is really bad this time.

Something is missing.

what are you watching? iguanachocolate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Justafan1;2691643;
    I'm a huge TAR fan but this season I can't find even one team to root for. I think the casting is really bad this time.

Something is missing.
    that's interesting to hear, though i have a different viewpoint. i think this cast has a good mixture of the good, the bad and the just plain odd. my pre-race favorites have been eliminated, but there are a number of teams i am rooting for (i'm talking to you TK/Rachel, Ron/Christina and Kynt/Vyxsin!).
    A good book should leave you... slightly exhausted at the end. You live several lives while reading it. ~William Styron, interview, Writers at Work, 1958

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2691504;
    Less than 120 posts for this once great reality show. Surely TAR has jumped the shark.

When Vyxsin was crying and went to put her head on Kyntís shoulder I thought he was about to jump out of the car. He seems to have some intimacy issues.

I think I'm getting a little crush on Vyxsin.
    It's Thanksgiving Sunday and there are 2 threads because of a football game. So no I don't think TAR has jumped the shark. It is still tons better than a lot of stuff of TV.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2691518;
    Last week there were less than 80 posts and the week before less than 130. However, I just looked back at earlier seasons and noticed that TAR has never had all that many posts. Traditionally the show has garnered around 130 posts per show.
    Lest we continue to beat this dead horse, I've already pointed out I was wrong in my observation about the number of posts appearing to be less this season, and this week in particular.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

I watch this show but is my least favorite of the network fare. Watching each team do the same challenge bores me, paired with the horror that travel can be makes me love FF on Tivo even more. I watch but don't post much about it because there is not all that much to talk about other than who our favorite teams are.

Quote Originally Posted by iguanachocolate;2691539;
    i think the lack of posters are do to a combination of things - one is that it is a holiday weekend and two i think there is a trend towards people dvr'ing (what is the proper verb for that activity, anyway?) shows to be watched at a later more convenient time. so, it's not that the shows are being watched, they are being fit into increasingly busy lives. i think this is especially true of shows that get delayed by sports programs. All of a sudden that window of time a busy parent or working person has set aside is now gone and so is the time for commentary.

Add that to the crappy Sunday night time schedule on CBS and you have a dearth of posters. I normally go multitask until that awful 60 minutes gets over and then I find myself away from the computer so I don't bother posting.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by princess07;2691639;
    The Pink couple are still my favorite team. I cried with her in the taxi.
    Me too! The whole thing moved me to tears. And the baby goats!

FORT Fan

I'm sad Jason and Lorena are gone. But Karma's a bitch and those blondies will get what they deserve (well at least one of them, the one that did not want to U-turn, she seemed sensible).

+ Reply to Thread