+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 11/18 show **** SPOILERS ****

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: 11/18 show **** SPOILERS ****

No good deed goes unpunished.

I'm sorry to see the sisters leave.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;2677749;
    Well, I underestimated Ron and his hernia. I should know by now that previews of potential problems are hype only. I have to give him credit, he did try to tone down the micromanaging - he tried.

I was sorry to see the sisters go especially since Lorena's freak out had sunk her team to last place. Blondes in Africa - NOT. "Oh, this is where they sell us..." I loved that the taxi driver kept an extra 1000...and his "tourist" grin over it. The fast moving storm was scary, even the mat was muddy. And Phil didn't look any too spiffy either.

I still haven't learned all the names (obviously) hopefully, I'll get with it soon.

P.S. I wasn't creeped by Grandpa enjoying the "hot" women. Just because you're old, doesn't mean you can't appreciate.
    When she got him to dance with her, he seemed like he knew some good moves, too.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Quote Originally Posted by CupidGuest;2677465;
    Is TK ever going to do any challenges instead of Rachel? She pulled up a tv set, she flew over the small pond in Ireland, she even milked a camel!
    Wait, I remember TK doing the Roadblock, not Rachel. So he was the one who milked the camel.

I loved the pile-up at the end. It was exciting for me because I was on the edge of my seat, wanting to see who would get to the mat first. It made it more interesting for me because my favorites were involved (TK & Rachel). Fortunately they got to the mat first (second overall).

Wow, pre-show I really thought Azaria & Hendekia (I think I spelled the names right ) would be one of the teams in the back of the pack. They're really proving me wrong; they've gotten first on 2/3 legs! Good for them. I'm starting to like them. But could this be the case of being too strong in the beginning but then losing it at the end? Hope not.

Sad to see Marianna & Julia go. I wasn't a fan of them, but they were against Lorena & Jason. Though I must say that Lorena's freakout was awesome (I thought it was entertaining ), and I could feel her frustration of being the last one there. So good for her for actually pulling through and completing it. But like some of you had said, one of the sisters actually gave her advice, and when it's down to two teams and you're one of them, you really shouldn't being doing that. Sure, it's always good to help out someone in need, but not when it's with these circumstances. But still, if I had to pick a team, I'd pick Marianna & Julia over Lorena & Jason any day.

Overall, not a stellar episode, especially compared with the last two episode which IMO where really good.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Lorena is hilarious
    The big brother addiction its taking over

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappymom;2677641;

Has anybody commented on Phil's hair? Was it my imagination or was it all spiked at one point at the mat?
    He had gotten wet from the rain so it was wet and spiky. My co-viewer commented on how that is what Phil looks like when he gets out of the shower.

Too bad that the sister's niceness led to them being eliminated from the race. Especially in favour of Lorena and Jason. Ugh.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I don't think grandson has done any Roadblocks yet, has he?

My theory is that he knows they won't make it far and figures if he can get gramps to do them, he won't have to do any.
    What?! Am I still here?

To the Point

Lorena is just unbearable. [mod edit] That in no way resembles any PMS I've ever seen or experienced. That woman has issues way beyond hormones. I soooo wanted her to be last. I really haven't found her partner to be annoying, but she's just beyond that.

Grandpa having an appreciation for the females didn't bother me so much. I just don't like his personality. I actually found his dancing with the ladies to be the most tolerable thing he's done so far. I've got to hand it to him though...he certainly tries his hardest and isn't letting his age slow him down.
    Last edited by Mariner; 11-19-2007 at 02:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CupidGuest;2677465;
    Is TK ever going to do any challenges instead of Rachel? She pulled up a tv set, she flew over the small pond in Ireland, she even milked a camel!
    Um, actually he's done 2 and she has done one. The 'pulling up the furniture' was a detour and he started to do it but she took over because he couldn't figure out the knots.

TK (2) & Rachel (1)
    TK Sky Cycle, Camel Milking
    Rachel Ditch Vault

I was pleasantly surprised that the Blonds didn't get bashed more than they did for the comments they made while in Africa. I don't like the team, but sadly was sympathetic to their distress after seeing the piles of trash at the side of the tracks and facing a culture so unlike our own. I'm sure that getting ripped off by the cab driver just cemented their poor view of the place.

On the other hand, I was greatly offended by the comment made by the Braniacs (bro/sister) that "Coming to Africa is like coming home." Clearly more of a comment they felt they should make rather than one based in truth. It's also an insult to the country that provided them with the educational and occupational opportunities Africa wouldn't have.

Quote Originally Posted by dberk;2679112;
    I was pleasantly surprised that the Blonds didn't get bashed more than they did for the comments they made while in Africa. I don't like the team, but sadly was sympathetic to their distress after seeing the piles of trash at the side of the tracks and facing a culture so unlike our own. I'm sure that getting ripped off by the cab driver just cemented their poor view of the place.

On the other hand, I was greatly offended by the comment made by the Braniacs (bro/sister) that "Coming to Africa is like coming home." Clearly more of a comment they felt they should make rather than one based in truth. It's also an insult to the country that provided them with the educational and occupational opportunities Africa wouldn't have.
    I don't get the offensiveness you mentioned regarding the brother/sister team. I thought what they said was more heartfelt. I said the same thing when I went back to my roots in Africa. As would anybody who go back home, be it Ireland, China, Scotland or the good ol USA.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast