+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 11/11/07 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

CCL

Re: 11/11/07 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Love the picture, Unklescott! I wanted Christina to take the pole and hit her father over the head with it. He went off on the grandson about being nice to strangers but apparently he doesn't believe in being nice to family members.
    Shana commenting on how she hasn't had a facial or manicure? She's been on the race for two days! How annoying. I also find the dark-haired girl who keeps calling her boyfriend "baby" annoying (he's annoying as well).
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I laughed out loud at grandpa in his bikini skivvies. Sorry to see the minister couple go, but I didn't expect them to last long. And sorry to see that girl have a breakdown next week, as I like that couple.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

still loving nick and don and am on the goths bandwagon now.

also still wanna see ron/christina go far, if only for christina.

Quote Originally Posted by maersk;2661583;
    ...also still wanna see Ron/Christina go far, if only for Christina.
    At the mat they talked about learning to communicate with each other. More and more I get the impression that family or not these two are virtually strangers which before this ep I thought was just hype to make them look interesting as racers. The Race will bring them physically close, but they face an emotional tightrope ahead. Hopefully they won't leave the Race despising each other.

Phil was funny saying that the citizens were complaining about grandpa at the tar pit. I didn't need to hear him say that at some point he actually was naked during that task.

Losing the old ladies was no loss at all. This Race is too physically demanding for people that out of shape.

Interesting how much better the females in the race handled being the bottom half of the "lift it" teams. It all falls back on men not wanting to ask for directions.

I was trying to figure out whether the traveling was more or less chaotic this ep than last and I'm still undecided. One thing is sure TAR is still the best!

FORT Fan

I'd be so tempted to stick that pole somewhere...
    That's what I said to dh! We couldn't believe Ron's treatment of Christina. DH was wondering if it's a cultural thing (women seen as inferior).

I thought it was interesting that they showed Ron getting upset with the other guy for being rude to the clerk, a stranger, and then have him totally out of line with his own daughter. I think on the detour, he was very whiny. He wasn't happy with either task and took it out on her. At the detour, he was just obnoxious and not in the least encouraging. I could have done better? You need to lose weight? You disappointed me? Sir, are you really on the race to develop a relationship with your daughter? If so, you have a poor way of showing it.

In other news, I thought Lorena & Jason ran a perfect leg. And kudos to many of the girls, they rocked that hoist it detour!

Thanks for summing up my feelings, Scrappymom. You said it a lot more nicely than I ever could. What a tool Ron is. It was embarrassing and sad to have to watch Christina being humiliated like that.

Yes, the ladies definitely rocked in the hoisting challenge!

I wanted to smack Ronald silly! Gosh, he need to shut it! And the worst part is, when they were waiting for the bus to come around, he was blaming poor Christina for their misfortune of being in the back of the pack. :nono It wasn't her fault at all. She's not the one complaining. She's the one who is calm and talking in a nice matter. It's Ronald who's at fault. The thing that pissed me off the most was when he was complaining about doing the bike detour. He was the one who was complaining about the furniture detour. Which one does he want to do? And the comment he said about Christina about how she need to lose weight? Yeah, get him gone! If only Christina wasn't his partner becasue I really like her, and I find myself rooting for that team only because my like for her is stronger than my dislike for him.

Alright, so TK & Rachel and the brother/sister team pretty much stepped on the mat first. So why did the bro/sis team get 5th and TK & Rachel get 6th? Was it because someone from the bro/sis team may have stepped on the mat a little before TK & Rachel did? Well the only reason I'm mad about this is because I put TK & Rachel first in the prediction game. Well, and the fact that they're my favorites.

Speaking about TK & Rachel, go Rachel! She rocked at the detour. So did the blondies. Even though they want the million for a huge shopping spree, they're slowly becoming one of my favorite teams. They're kicking some ass in the competitioin. First, they passed 5 teams in the donkey challenge last week. And now they're doing well at the detour and getting third overall.

Can't wait for next week. I would do without all the Ronald drama again, but Lorena crying over the milk is pure entertainment. It's a little mean of me to laugh over her tears, but I'm sorry, that was funny to me.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Christina should have thrown the race. She should not have to put up with the abuse her father is foisting upon her.

I fell in love with the Minister and her wife when they said that God probably didn't care whether or not they won the race.

I've never understood the need to make these reality TV shows about men vs women. It is, after all, just a game. A game no all female team has ever won.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

Cannot not stand Jennifer of the Nathan and Jennifer team. That being say.

Ron.

I am sure he hit some parent/child buttons on alot of people watching this episode tonight. First was that incident in the airport with Nick. Who appointed him the polite police. He needs to get over that quickly. As far as how he treated his daughter, it was abominable. I hope he watches this tapes understands why all his children hate him.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

The Asian dad is intolerable. His posturing and the structure of his sentences tells us he aspires to be a grand master teacher of some random dicipline. Clearly he has watched too many Kung Fu movies.

He felt he gave her control of the bike search and she disappointed him because she wasn't focused or however he worded that nonsense! And his constant tutoring on jumping the irrigation ditch finished with an aside to the camera that he could have done it better.

He blasts that kid for being pushy at the airport counter then proceeds to behave worse to his daughter. AND finishes the day with telling her to lose weight! Oh my god, just oh my god. Who does he think he is? Unbearable man.
    Last edited by shoepie; 11-12-2007 at 06:42 AM.

+ Reply to Thread