+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why no full episodes at CBS?

FORT Regular

Why no full episodes at CBS?

Just a question here -- why isn't Amazing Race one of the dozens of CBS shows, even some daytime soaps, that have full-length past episodes available through the CBS website? Wouldn't that be a basic part of building and maintaining an audience? There must be a reason, but I can't think of one that makes much sense.

Re: Why no full episodes at CBS?

I would like to know why as well. Or better yet, are they posted somewhere else like on the Facebook page?

My DVR missed the recording last night Arrrghhh

FORT Newbie

Any thoughts? I missed this past week's episode, and recaps (while entertaining!) just aren't the same... Thanks!

You can find them on youtube--someone is posting them there.

Yeah, I don't know why full episodes are not online either?
    Fox and ABC have their shows online.

CBS

Quote Originally Posted by mommymack;2738462;
    You can find them on youtube--someone is posting them there.
    I think they'll be deleted soon. I'm hoping they won't be though. Before the person who's putting all the episodes right now came along, there use to be another user who was uploading all the episodes until YouTube deleted all of them. They said that the videos were owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment, so they couldn't be uploaded by others.

And maybe that's why CBS doesn't upload the episodes on their site.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by umass;2739523;
    Yeah, I don't know why full episodes are not online either?
    Fox and ABC have their shows online.

CBS
    Yeah. I don't get CBS's thinking on this at all. ABC not only has all of their main programs on, they've started showing My So Called Life, and they now have streaming HD video of all three seasons of Lost.

They seem to be the only network that really gets the Internet. Fox has good intentions, but I find their videos to be unwatchable. They are too slow and just come out weird, and I have a pretty good connection.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

As I expected, the episodes on YouTube are now being taken off. When I try to click one of the videos, this is what it says:

This video is no longer available due to a copyright claim by Sony Pictures Entertainment
    I really think that this copyright has something to do as to why CBS won't post the episodes on their site. If Sony is having the videos taken off of YouTube, maybe they prevent CBS from even posting them.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2742382;
    As I expected, the episodes on YouTube are now being taken off. When I try to click one of the videos, this is what it says:

I really think that this copyright has something to do as to why CBS won't post the episodes on their site. If Sony is having the videos taken off of YouTube, maybe they prevent CBS from even posting them.
    You may be right, but that doesn't make very much sense from a financial perspective. There's big money to be made from showing things on the Internet through the official network sites. Advertisers pay to sponsor the videos.

That's what the whole writer's strike is about. The writers aren't getting a cut of the Internet profits (and other non-broadcast viewing of the shows). Clearly there's money in it, or they wouldn't be striking, so why would Sony not want to get in on that?

It doesn't make sense to me, unless CBS isn't willing to pay Sony what they're asking for the right to show it from their site.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by fan999;2654988;
    Just a question here -- why isn't Amazing Race one of the dozens of CBS shows, even some daytime soaps, that have full-length past episodes available through the CBS website? Wouldn't that be a basic part of building and maintaining an audience? There must be a reason, but I can't think of one that makes much sense.

Can't understand either, watched the entire season except for the finale when I was in the hospital.

+ Reply to Thread