+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 11/04/07 - show discussion **spoilers**

Re: 11/04/07 - show discussion **spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2648883;
    the most telling thing to me was how Ari and Stealla were completely blaming the donkey when it was their treatment of the donkey that caused it to "shut down" and not move. They never once considered changing tactics and trying to be nice to the donkey to coax it along the path like ALL of the teams that passed them were doing. Hope they watched it last night and went d'oh, we should have stopped being such jerks. Nah, didn't happen, but I did love the instant karma ending.
    I completely agree, LG. The two of them (especially Ari) were relentless in the abuse of their donkey, so I couldn't help but laugh when the donkey shut down. It was like the donkey just looked at them and thought, "Hmph! Just try to MAKE me move now!" I loved it.

I'm SO glad this team was the first to go. I wasn't even through the first episode, and their obnoxiousness had already gotten on my last nerve. I say good riddance to them. (and I loved Ari's comment that karma came back to bite them in the ass....)

Can I just say how nice it is to have a quality reality show back on TV? Is that an oxymoron? Ah well.

Ari and Stella totally sabotaged their chances of continuing on by treating the donkey the way they did. There is a reason that donkeys are called "jacka**es"!

Loved that they went to Ireland. Ireland is just a beautiful place and the people are just soo lovely!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefoto;2648939;
    Well,I just wanna ask you guys,what wrong they did?Is it bad that you want to win,and you are willing to do anything to win?....
    Yes, but you see.... Ari and Staella weren't willing to do anything to win. They weren't willing to change their tactics with the donkey, even when other people gave them good advice. Their narrow little minds just kept going on with the way they were doing it, which had already proven to them to be the wrong way to handle it. And then not only were they not willing to change tactics when theirs failed, they weren't willing to entertain the notion that the problem was with them, not the donkey. And then their warped brains told them it was a good idea to hit the poor animal. When Staella smacked the donkey on the neck, I was so hoping it would turn and give her a good kick in her ass.

No, Ari and Staella were not willing to do anything to win. They weren't even smart enough to pinpoint the problem, nor did it appear they even attempted to pinpoint the problem to fix it. Plain and simple, they were idiots who stuck their brains in a tiny box, put it in their pockets, and never opened it. They let their loud annoying mouths do the work, and the donkey turned out to be smarter than both of them. This was probably the most righteous first elimination in TAR history.

Personally, I think the donkey should have gotten a prize for that leg.

And to FoRT, Stefoto
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Glad to have all the info here. Out of town for the Bucs game yesterday and didn't get back until late because of stops to visit my parents, and because 60 min. ran over so much, didn't get to see the last part on my recording.

Happy Ari and Staella got eliminated, though they could have made for some interesting drama later on. Just from the info released beforehand they were at the bottom of my list; can't stand malicious types, which Ari definitely came across as. Now my least faves would be Nathan and Jennifer.

There are a # of teams I like this time around so far... Ronald and Christina (sweet and smart), TK and Rachel (both seem so sweet), Nicholas and Donald, Azaria and Hendekea.

Hope there is less airport drama this time around. But so glad to have TAR back!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stefoto;2648939;
    Well,I just wanna ask you guys,what wrong they did?Is it bad that you want to win,and you are willing to do anything to win?There weer definetely teams who needed to go before Ari and Stealla.And I was very shocked that the brother ans sister came in first.They just got lucky that TK and Rachel got lost

TK and Rachel didn;t get lost, they were just too clueless to know where to go . The brother/sister team were smart to know where to go. That's not being lucky.

I completely forgot that this show always gets pushed back about 30 minutes because of football. Grrrr..... so when I finally got around to watching it I lost the last 30 minutes of it.

Thanks guys for the comments and updates so I can figure out what I missed.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Kocky_Kamikaze;2648177;
    Especially with every leg being an elimination.
    I know this has been the supposed change this season, but I heard Phil at the starting line saying that there would be 8 elimination legs and 3 non-elimination legs.

Did anyone else hear that?

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ARFan65;2650916;
    I know this has been the supposed change this season, but I heard Phil at the starting line saying that there would be 8 elimination legs and 3 non-elimination legs.

Yup
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;2649025;
    I'm so glad TAR is back on. It's my favorite of all the reality shows and I was so looking forward to it all day yesterday.
    This is my favorite too -- and I started checking the schedules about a month ago wondering when it was coming back.

Thank god it's back!! I'd really seriously miss TAR!!!! It's almost the only show I watch on TV anymore!!

Especially with every leg being an elimination.

I think they've done away with "marked for elimination/beg for stuff" legs. I think the three non-elimination legs he mentioned will be the "This is not a pitstop, you're still racing. Here's your next clue." type of leg.

+ Reply to Thread