+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nicolas & Donald - Season 12

Re: Nicolas & Donald - Season 12

A girl here at work just said that her brother is friends with the grandson. (I'm in Chicago, so that makes sense. I hadn't even realized he was from here.) So that's cool.

(I just like cheese, sorry. )

LG.

I hope this team manages to get their act together. Holding up the entire group to count their money? Oh guys, you need to know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em, know when to drive your car, know how to run (up a hill without falling down) . . . you don't count your money while you're standing at the departure point, they're be time enough to count it when you're on a 12 hour flight.

They just seem bewildered, but I hope they can figure it out.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

LG, I had the feeling they were doing it on purpose. Didn't the grandson say, take your time, we are first in line?
    Bewildered is exactly the word I would use for this team. I actually expected more from the grandpa.

Who, me?

Quote Originally Posted by Adult Beverage;2651458;
    Is grampaw always going to be shown taking a spill? He's going to run down the batteries in his First Alert bracelet.
    Gramps sounds like he's full of spit an' vinegar with more motivation than the kid. He even admits to being a fan of the show. I don't think Gramps is going to be needing the batteries as much as his geeky grandson is. Gramps also strikes me as being more hands on and ready to tackle the down and dirty--even before I saw the previews for next week. Gramps in speedo and mud takes me back to bare chested Gus and the morning glacier 'bath.' Good times were had with watching Gus and hopefully expected with this team.

They aren't my favorite team yet. I don't have a favorite team yet, just teams I like and teams I don't like. These 2 are definitely in my favored list.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2651781;
    LG, I had the feeling they were doing it on purpose. Didn't the grandson say, take your time, we are first in line?
    Bewildered is exactly the word I would use for this team. I actually expected more from the grandpa.
    I think they were doing it on purpose too, but what purpose? It makes no sense. They are in a race, get to racing. Even if they are in the first car it should mean they want to get to where they are going, not take the time to count the money. Very strange I thought. But otherwise I liked them.

Who, me?

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;2652083;
    I think they were doing it on purpose too, but what purpose? It makes no sense. They are in a race, get to racing. Even if they are in the first car it should mean they want to get to where they are going,.
    They were the lead car in a line of cars which had no choice but to sit behind them until they moved. They would still be the lead car whether they sat there 5 or 15 minutes later.

One of the things I would have to fight against, if I was ever in the race, is my impulse to immediately DO something instead of calm down and take an extra minute to make sure I was heading in the right direction, following the rules then GO like hell.

While Grams was counting the money, who was checking the map to make sure they knew how to get to LAX? Was Pilotboy checking the navigation or was he just sitting there? LOL I don't remember.

FORT Newbie

What's the purpose of counting the money? To make sure you have it all, right? I don't know if there's ever been a mistake, but if they did find out they were shorted, then they wouldn't want to have to come back to the start line and end up behind the others. And since no one could pass them in this case, it makes sense, if you're going to count the money at all, to do it then. Although you do risk annoying other teams and losing goodwill.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Sk8Leigh;2651737;
    A girl here at work just said that her brother is friends with the grandson. (I'm in Chicago, so that makes sense. I hadn't even realized he was from here.) So that's cool.
    Go Chi-Town! I didn't know either until I saw them on LSD in their intro sequence.

(O.K., they're by LSD (Lake Shore Drive), not on it! )

FORT Regular

okay.....i completely missed the Goofy this week.....Did the pilot mean he was Goofy or that he looked like Goofy..??

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by lostintheozone;2655465;
    okay.....i completely missed the Goofy this week.....Did the pilot mean he was Goofy or that he looked like Goofy..??
    Yes he does bare a remarkable resemblance to the Disney character. To think he is a heartbeat away from the left seat of a regional airlines turboprop and all the poor wretched passengers have to locate an island in the Burmuda Triangle. Lucky Lindy is turning over in his grave.

Lets see if he can locate Amsterdam tonight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast