+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Ronald & Christina - Season 12

Re: Ronald & Christina - Season 12

This guy is a piece of work. My two favorite daddy/daughter moments:

- He tells her to choose the detour. She chooses hoist it. He questions her judgment, so she caves and agrees to bikes. He then harasses her for her bad choice.

- He doesn't do a good job of balancing the bike with the basket and when he tips over, he tells his rather petite daughter that she needs to lose weight.

Charming!
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

brown and red and nasty.
    Bikini coffee shop or in the ER dying of toxic shock syndrome

Quote Originally Posted by aname;2670565;
    I don't get the "Asian trait" thing with Ron.
    uhh.. because it isn't an Asian trait it's a Chinese thing and it really isn't universal among them either and probably more particular to a certain class or wave that emigrated here.

of course treating your adult offspring like children and being a condescending, doubting, pathologically suspicious pr1ck when it comes to them transcends race and culture but it seems unusually pervasive between immigrant parents and their first generation children in Chinese families.

Christina is incredibly fortunate to have a father who although still acts like an a55 at the very least realizes and admits to it and is even contrite about it when that happens. In many other cases most parents in this situation don't even realize what they're doing with often disastrous results.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;2676630;
    This guy is a piece of work. My two favorite daddy/daughter moments:

- He tells her to choose the detour. She chooses hoist it. He questions her judgment, so she caves and agrees to bikes. He then harasses her for her bad choice.

- He doesn't do a good job of balancing the bike with the basket and when he tips over, he tells his rather petite daughter that she needs to lose weight.

Charming!
    His actual words were, "I let you loose on this thing and you disappointed me." First of all, he did not "let her loose" on anything. Just the notion that he had control somehow and decided to give her the bike challenge grates enough. But on top of it that, it appeared to be a test of some sort and she disappointed him. THAT is beyond reason.

He won me over a little bit last night by being nice to his camel.
    It doesn't take much to get me back on side.
    Someone being nice to animals can make me forgive a lot of other questionable behaviour
    "That's Numberwang!"

I can't stand Ron and his passive aggressive BS. I want to kick him in his groin!!

They were lucky there wasn't a physical task this time. He couldn't even run because he was hurting so bad. If he has to do something physically exerting, they're gonners.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

FORT Fan

nice to see ron not abusing his daughter in this episode. really would love to see christina make it to the end, but with ron's hernia...

FORT Fan

Ron is super annoying. I feel sorry for the daughter.

FORT Newbie

Ron just needs to keep quiet and stop trying to be "smart". He doesn't get the fact that they are a team. I couldn't believe it when Christina tried to encourage him and he told her to be quiet. Remember when she was trying to do a challenge a week or so ago (the water jumping) and he wouldn't shut up even with her asking? Maybe when he sees himself on TV he'll see what everyone else sees.

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by *CaT*;2686942;
    nice to see ron not abusing his daughter in this episode. really would love to see christina make it to the end, but with ron's hernia...
    They might be disqualified. Ron's hernia might make their team a threesome.

+ Reply to Thread