+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Kynt & Vyxsin - Season 12

Re: Kynt & Vyxsin - Season 12

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2648898;
    I liked that they kept pushing forward and didn't stop to whine, bitch and cry when the chain broke on their tandem bike. Teams that can work through a challenge without losing it get my respect, like when Teri and Ian fixed their car after they messed up and put gas in a disel vehicle. You can can and moan, or you can race. Way to race! I hope they have the physical strength to make it far, as that's where this team might be lacking. That, and a concern they might not get as much assistance with directions and whatnot from locals because of their choice of wardrobe and makeup.
    That's a great point about Teri and Ian. He won me over on that episode alone. And to his credit I think he did learn a little something from having watched himself if the all-stars season is any indication.

I don't know what happened to the chain, but shouldn't they have been able to exchange it if it wasn't their fault (like a broken car that breaks due to no fault of the team)? Or had they gone too far to turn back or even wait. I guess it was just easier to pick it up and carry it. I thought they had just started out, and thought they maybe could have gotten another, but it may have been the editing for the quick show.

I'm surprised at how much I liked this team after last night's premiere.

My concern for them isn't the time it will take to put on their makeup, etc., but rather their physical strength/endurance (or lack thereof). I hope that doesn't become an issue too soon, though, as I'd like to see them stick around for a while.

Kynt doesn't seem to be a very strong guy, but boy he sure can run fast. He's small and wiry and quite agile. He appears to be quite androgenous, but apparently really loves his "little pink kitty" . . how cute. But his looks are so off-putting to me and his voice is just weird. Looks aside, they seem like a nice couple who genuinely like each other and get along well. They are good racers too who came from behind a few times and didn't let setbacks bother them.

Although I cannot condone vowel avoidance, I really like them so far !!! I love teams who suck it up and get the job done and are also encouraging to each other instead of tearing each other down!!!

LG.

I like this team. I just can't see them as a dating couple though, as they seem more like best friends.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2648898;
    I liked that they kept pushing forward and didn't stop to whine, bitch and cry when the chain broke on their tandem bike. Teams that can work through a challenge without losing it get my respect, like when Teri and Ian fixed their car after they messed up and put gas in a disel vehicle. You can can and moan, or you can race. Way to race!
    Yeah, I expressed a similar surprise about that in last night's thread.

The way I see it they have a big plus: not whiny (so far)

And a big minus: the pre-rehearsed "cutesy" phrases they've obviously pre-prepared for the camera, so they can do things like finish each other's sentences on cue.

Those two things about balance each other out for me, so I am neutral in total.

One thing which potentially annoys me a bit, but only if its true, is that Kent really seems to see a need to put on a front. I mean its possible he's actually into chicks, and this girl is actually his girlfriend, but I'm just not feeling it. And I don't get it. Why would he think he NEEDS to have a beard on a reality show? Especially when he seems to revel in being "different" otherwise? TAR, of all shows, has long conquered any semblance of caring about the sexuality of its contestants. They don't even play it up in editing, other than establishing that gay couples can bicker as much as straight ones. So what would be so wrong about a gay guy and his female pal racing together? Then again, other than a feeling and some observations posted around the net, I suppose it's not proven. I mean I don't really care, except it just seems SO unnecessary. Of course there's always the possibility that he's not "out" in his real life, but overall he just doesn't seem like the type to deny.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Now I know they will be fun to watch. Funny, and didn't they give up their beds for Ronald and Christina? They aren't one of my top favorites yet, but I do like them.

No, that was Azaria and Hendekea I believe. I can see these two helping if others need it, though.

Ok, thanks for clearing that up, I had misunderstood-- but yes, they do still seem like the type to help others.

Quote Originally Posted by lostintheozone;2640127;
    ...and who knew Louisville was the goth capital of the world...???
    TELL ME ABOUT IT! I have lived here in Louisville for all of my 45 years AND my DH writes for the paper that was quoted in an earlier post. But I've never heard a thing about a Goth community. Go figure.
    Don't let your stinky cheese in a suitcase become your big fork and spoon. - Marie Romano

+ Reply to Thread