+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Kynt & Vyxsin - Season 12

Re: Kynt & Vyxsin - Season 12

Ironically through the years he's went through a country phase, boots buckles, hat, and a conservative phase.
    Oh, wow. That would be something to see.

Welcome to the FORT, 2020view! Thanks for the bit of background info - this team should be one of the most interesting to watch.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2641851;
    For some reason I'm picturing Kent ending up running around in dark glasses, a rag around his head and lipstick only.
    ... And he'll look like Paris Hilton!

Quote Originally Posted by 2020view;2646806;
    They might be weirdo's but they're Louisville's weirdo's so I have to pull for them.
    That's fine by me - I like weirdos. Weirdos are frequently very bright, very interesting, and a lot of fun. Plus, they are quite often nicer and more tolerant than the "normal" people.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

They might be weirdo's but they're Louisville's weirdo's so I have to pull for them.
    You never have to make excuses for rooting for the hometown player. You may need some thick skin, though.

Their self-reference to their "gothiness" is already starting to grow old. As if their look isn't enough, they feel they need to keep mentioning it as well? TPTB should edit in a "ding" sound everytime they do it to let me know when to take a drink. I counted four "goth" comments from them during the episode (The worst: "Oh my goth" instead of "Oh my gosh" felt overly practiced). And one "fairies on the ferry" comment. If you're dressing for attention, you really shouldn't have to menition it more than the people around you.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2648713;
    That's fine by me - I like weirdos. Weirdos are frequently very bright, very interesting, and a lot of fun. Plus, they are quite often nicer and more tolerant than the "normal" people.
    Yes, I noticed these two aren't the ones calling another team "the freaks."
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

I agree Lucy! My son and I were both commenting on the team that kept referring to them as "the freaks." I may not want to dress like them, but they seemed nice enough to me. As for mentioning the goth thing all the time, I'm assuming the teams get a bit of coaching and are edited just like on every other "reality" show.

Ironically through the years he's went through a country phase, boots buckles, hat, and a conservative phase. You should see some of his HS yearbook photos. Looks like he just left the young republican convention.
    Got a scanner?

I didn't mind all the Goth references. They are full of soundbites, but I'll take that over the bickering couples any day.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Adult Beverage;2648735;
    You never have to make excuses for rooting for the hometown player. You may need some thick skin, though.

Their self-reference to their "gothiness" is already starting to grow old. As if their look isn't enough, they feel they need to keep mentioning it as well? TPTB should edit in a "ding" sound everytime they do it to let me know when to take a drink. I counted four "goth" comments from them during the episode (The worst: "Oh my goth" instead of "Oh my gosh" felt overly practiced). And one "fairies on the ferry" comment. If you're dressing for attention, you really shouldn't have to menition it more than the people around you.
    AB, ITA with everything you said! Everything about them just seems very contrived.
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

LG.

I liked that they kept pushing forward and didn't stop to whine, bitch and cry when the chain broke on their tandem bike. Teams that can work through a challenge without losing it get my respect, like when Teri and Ian fixed their car after they messed up and put gas in a disel vehicle. You can can and moan, or you can race. Way to race! I hope they have the physical strength to make it far, as that's where this team might be lacking. That, and a concern they might not get as much assistance with directions and whatnot from locals because of their choice of wardrobe and makeup.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I'm curious to see how locals will react to their appearance in the different countries they visit. Will they be discriminated against? That will be an interesting dynamic to see IF it happens and how they overcome.

+ Reply to Thread