+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: Kynt & Vyxsin - Season 12

Re: Kynt & Vyxsin - Season 12

ARGGHHH!!!!

I really liked this team. It makes me sad to see them make such dumb mistakes.

What was Kynt thinking? Why would a person U-Turn a team when they had no idea where they were in relationship to that team? They at least knew there was a chance that they were ahead of the Bickersons. That was a really dumb move!

Too bad he screwed up on the receipts, too. I'll miss them, but with two major mistakes like that when they needed to be on their toes, they deserved to go.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Found a cute picture of them:

Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Well if the number of posts are anything to go by this team was the most popular even if they didn't win. It was great to see someone appreciate and enjoy the other cultures during the race. Best of luck to Kynt & Vixen in their future!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Luvstruck;2739295;
    Well if the number of posts are anything to go by this team was the most popular even if they didn't win. It was great to see someone appreciate and enjoy the other cultures during the race. Best of luck to Kynt & Vixen in their future!!!
    It was interesting to see how much Phil seemed to like this team. That makes me think that they really were as nice as they seemed and not just a team whose image was pumped up through editing.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Newbie

I really, really liked this team! I can't believe they were eliminated.

My fiance automatically thought they were weird because of their look. I tried to explain to him that they are actually religious, come from good families and are amazing people inside but like most of America, he can't get past their look. I love this team and hope they do well in whatever they do in life.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Reality TV stars lift the spirits of Oxnard students : Oxnard : Ventura County Star

Reality TV stars lift the spirits of Oxnard students
    Visit prompted by slaying at E.O. Green

By Cheri Carlson (Contact)
    Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A dozen students from E.O. Green School in Oxnard stood around a picnic table at a local park Tuesday eating pink vegan cupcakes and waiting for autographed photos of two reality TV stars.

Most of the eighth-graders gathered in the park had never watched CBS' "The Amazing Race," or heard of Kynt and Vyxsin, one of 11 teams that raced around the world on the show's 12th edition.

But that didn't matter, said Jesus Cruz, 13. "They came all the way from Kentucky to see us," he said, "and I think that's pretty cool."

Kynt Cothron and Vyxsin Fiala started planning the visit after hearing about the Feb. 12 shooting inside a computer lab at E.O. Green that left Larry King, 15, dead.

They wanted to show their support for the two dozen other students in the lab that day, a first-period English class taught by Dawn Boldrin.

Prosecutors have charged King's classmate Brandon McInerney, 14, with first-degree murder and a hate crime. Authorities have declined to elaborate on that charge and have not released details about a motive.

Some at the Oxnard junior high school had seen King being teased by students in the weeks before the shooting for being gay and wearing high-heeled boots and makeup, and that's partly what drew Kynt to the school.

Kynt, 30, and Vyxsin, 28, described as "dating goths" by the television series, wear a lot of black and pink.

They also wear makeup. On Tuesday, they wore pink and white eye shadow to the picnic.

Kynt said he was a victim of an attack a few years ago because people didn't like the way he looked.

"It's horrific what happened to Lawrence," Kynt said Tuesday. "But these children are victims, too" and they might be overlooked.

"They got some cupcakes, sugar and some smiles," said Boldrin, who helped Kynt and Vyxsin work out the arrangements at the Port Hueneme park. She wanted the kids to have something positive in the midst of everything they have gone through — and continue to go through.

Her students walk into their first-period class every day with two of their classmates missing.

She worries that they don't get enough support, and sometimes that maybe things are brought up too much.

She also worries about asking her class to go back to a computer lab. She doesn't have nearly enough computers in her own classroom and wishes she could find laptops they could use.

"There's no road map for this," Boldrin said.

On Tuesday, she just wanted them to have a little fun.

Why Kynt and Vyxsin?

"These two people called," Boldrin said. "Nobody else called. Nobody else has offered."

She said she can't thank them enough.

In the park, students snacked on the cupcakes, made by Vyxsin, and asked questions about the race. Kynt and Vyxsin chatted with them, posed for pictures and shook a lot of hands.

"I put a picture of you on my wall," eighth-grader Jackie Arzola, 14, told Kynt. It was "awesome" that they came, she said later, "to know that they're supporting us."

In the days and weeks since the shooting, vigils in King's name were held from coast to coast, and thousands of comments have been left on Internet sites dedicated to his memory.

Tonight, Kynt and Vyxsin have planned a vigil in King's memory in West Hollywood, Kynt said. He also plans to collect letters of support for E.O. Green students — something he didn't want to talk about Tuesday in front of the kids because he wanted to let them keep the mood light.

"Today's just about pink and black and cupcakes," he said with a laugh, a Hello Kitty balloon floating from a tree above his head.
    On one hand, its really great that Kent & Vixen did this. On the other hand, it bothers me a tiny bit that Kent won't just come out and say straight out that his attention was drawn to this because he's gay. I mean, enough with the games--it shouldn't MATTER to anyone I admit, but why pretend? Especially when seeking out the place where this incident happened and going there is already a statement in of itself.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Maybe he's just not ready to come on out of that closet, Krom. Either way, I think it was a great thing they did, visiting those kids and showing some support. They're very good-hearted people.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;2884887;
    Reality TV stars lift the spirits of Oxnard students : Oxnard : Ventura County Star

On one hand, its really great that Kent & Vixen did this.
    I love how you corrected the spelling of their names. I have no problem with them or the way they look, if they are gay or straight. But the crazy name-spelling has got to stop!

But on a serious note, how gracious of them to go out of their way to initiate this act of kindness and support for these kids. I hope that the students have had their eyes opened a little towards accepting all kinds of people.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave;2897624;
    I love how you corrected the spelling of their names. I have no problem with them or the way they look, if they are gay or straight. But the crazy name-spelling has got to stop!
    I know Kent justifies it as some kind of crazy form of self-expression, but to me its not only horribly pretentious, it's actually a sign of massive insecurity. It's like standing on a rooftop and yelling "look at me".

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread