+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TAR 12 Website is Up

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar

Re: TAR 12 Website is Up

Whoa! For a split second I thought that was Jonny Fairplay in the upper right hand corner! He'd be creating international incidents across the globe.

So glad it's back! I think it's the best show on TV.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2627092;
    I was never fond of non-eliminations (especially when teams I didn't like were saved by one or two, like the hippies ), so I'm happy they are gone.

I read somewhere that, according to Phil, this is the best season ever. Fast paced, lots of competitions and very entertaining teams.
    Not to mention Flo/Zach, Eric/Danielle, Don/Mary-Jean, and Chris/Alex, who I didn't like. I think the only times a NEL saved teams I liked was Kelly/Jon and Dustin/Kandice. I liked them, but hated them for the same reasons you did (especially since it saved BJ/Tyler twice). But I'd rather see them stay than not, and I don't like that there's going to be fewer episodes because of it.

The cast is pretty diverse in some areas and really generic in others. So far I'm really liking the Father/Daughter team, the Brother/Sister team, the two young All-Girl teams, and the Goths, whereas I'm already rolling my eyes and grinding my teeth at all the other Male/Female teams, especially Ari & Staella, what with Ari basically admitting he's an a-hole who gets his kicks out of being a jerk to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;2627379;
    The cast is pretty diverse in some areas and really generic in others. So far I'm really liking the Father/Daughter team, the Brother/Sister team, the two young All-Girl teams, and the Goths, whereas I'm already rolling my eyes and grinding my teeth at all the other Male/Female teams, especially Ari & Staella, what with Ari basically admitting he's an a-hole who gets his kicks out of being a jerk to people.
    Which translates into famewhore seeking attention and facetime Which is one reason I'm not digging the goths. From the little picture, Ari sort of looked like Zach until I clicked in.

how are the goths famewhoring? cause they look different and no "self respecting" goth would ever apply for a show like this?

Quote Originally Posted by maersk;2628649;
    how are the goths famewhoring? cause they look different and no "self respecting" goth would ever apply for a show like this?
    Because I'm thinking they're going to play up the whole goth role, like BJ/Tyler being cast as the "hippies" and David/Lori as the "nerds". And it's got nothing to do with them looking different (some of my best friends in high school were the goth/alternative kids). I'm sure they aren't the first goth team to ever apply, either. Hopefully they prove me wrong.
    Last edited by karalott; 10-25-2007 at 03:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;2628697;
    Because I'm thinking they're going to play up the whole goth role, like BJ/Tyler being cast as the "hippies" and David/Lori as the "nerds". And it's got nothing to do with them looking different (some of my best friends in high school were the goth/alternative kids). I'm sure they aren't the first goth team to ever apply, either. Hopefully they prove me wrong.
    That's one of the main reasons I'm liking them on first glance. My sister didn't like them at first glance, as she believed at first they would be like a "stereotypical" goth couple, all serious and moody (emo?) and just plain weird, but that changed when she saw with me the commercial on television together, watching Vysxin say they're basically "gothic Energizer bunnies", and watching them at one point being pretty excited and high-fiving each other.

BJ & Tyler (The Hippies) and Dave & Lori (The Nerds) seemed like typical "stereotypes", and yet I ended up loving both teams because they were just plain fun and really appreciated being in the race, being themselves and even admitting to their "stereotypes", and I'm getting the same vibe from The Goths. We'll see if that vibe remains once the race begins. I hate waiting!

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;2627055;
    They've really bought the premiere date forward, not that I'm complaining of course.
    After this past installment of BB some intelligent reality tv is welcome and overdue.

I'll move the forum up later and we'll get the contestant threads done

Looking forward to the new season

Me, too, Fluff!

Are we going to have a prediction game for this season?

If we do, may I suggest not to have a 'winner takes all' pts system for the last/final leg?

Leo
    Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by 101ethan;2629030;
    Are we going to have a prediction game for this season?

If we do, may I suggest not to have a 'winner takes all' pts system for the last/final leg?
    To answer the first question: yes. As for the second, I'll think about it when we're a little closer to the finale.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12