+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4/22 Episode Previews/Discussion **Possible Spoilers**

4/22 Episode Previews/Discussion **Possible Spoilers**

From the CBS site (The Amazing Race: All-Stars on CBS):

Next on the Amazing Race

One Team is left in a state of shock when they become victims of a deal between the beauty queens and a certain other Team.

It's a comedy of errors for one Team when they struggle to operate a local car and drive it into a curb.

Charla & Mirna make a generous offer to Oswald & Danny?

FORT Fan

Re: 4/22 Episode Previews/Discussion **Possible Spoilers**

One Team is left in a state of shock when they become victims of a deal between the beauty queens and a certain other Team.
    Interesting. So, the BQs allied with a team to yield another team? When I saw the trailers, I was under the opinion that Charla/Mirna and Eric/Danielle would ally to yield the BQs. I am not sure if I am reading too much into it, but does the word 'victims' imply that the BQs' plan was successful? I must not get too happy for the BQs though, as 'yield karma' might come back and bite them in the butt.

Just to mention, I checked CBS website to see if a team can use the yield twice since the FF was also used twice this race. It explicitly stated that a team can only use it once.

It's a comedy of errors for one Team when they struggle to operate a local car and drive it into a curb.
    Heh, I believe this happens to Charla/Mirna, with Mirna's numerous issues with driving stick shift.

Charla & Mirna make a generous offer to Oswald & Danny?
    Interesting. Why is there a '?' at the end of the sentence? Probably because the offer is generous in the eyes of Charla/Mirna and not so to the others. Maybe it has something to do with the money issue that Oswald/Danny is facing. Charla/Mirna might offer them some extra cash in return for a bigger favour and hence, the offer is not that generous after all.

FORT Newbie

THIS LEG IS NOT YET OVER.

That will be the "surprise" at the end of this episode. There are three weeks left, and four teams remaining. So The leg won't be over, and so we will have to wait two weeks to see if Eric/Danielle can survive the "Marked for Elimination" penalty. That will reduce the teams from four to three for the season finale.

Watching from afar!!! Slow Runner's Avatar

I think Eric and Danielle will die a slow death since they are marked for elimination. Too much to overcome in my opinion.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar

Maybe Eric and Danielle and the BQ's yielded Oswald and Danny thinking they are much stronger than Charla and Mirna? Hmmmm. We'll see.

The 2nd part is most likely Mirna.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by rsyoukilis20;2333047;
    THIS LEG IS NOT YET OVER.

That will be the "surprise" at the end of this episode. There are three weeks left, and four teams remaining. So The leg won't be over, and so we will have to wait two weeks to see if Eric/Danielle can survive the "Marked for Elimination" penalty. That will reduce the teams from four to three for the season finale.
    Is it kinda confirm that next week would be a TBC leg? Damn, I was hoping that next week would be elimination and the final leg to actually be a TBC leg A common complain about the final leg is about how easy and the large extent luck factors in to the final leg. A long leg on the final leg *might* reduce that to some degree.

Heh, commenting alot on the my speculations this episode, as I am very fearful that Dustin/Kandice fails to make the F3 again. Based on reasoning, I would assume that Dustin/Kandice would pitch this to Eric/Danielle to get them to yield Oswald/Danny. Basically, if they are in the first two places, they would offer Eric/Danielle the first place so they are spared the 30 minutes penalty. By yielding Oswald/Danny, these two teams would probably land ahead (no offence to Charla/Mirna, but their strength lies at airports and seeing they are travelling from HK to Macau, no flights are required).

However, I caught the previews at CBS. Dustin/Kandice mentioned 'BRIBING' another team to not yield them. Taking the word bribing literally, would they actually offer money to Danny/Oswald to yield another team?

I am so tempted to peek at the spoilers floating around, but on the other hand, I do not wish to spoil my absolute favourite show. Such a dilemma. Haha.

FORT Regular

I remember that in Season 10, Dustin & Kandice asked James & partner if they could let them get in the mat first as they were marked for elimination. So, one likely scenario here is that D&K will strike a deal with Eric &Danielle to yield Oswald &Danny and they will let E&D get onto the mat first. Because if it is a choice between O&D and Charla &Mirna, they probably feel that O&D are the stronger team to beat so they need to be eliminated. And with E&D being marked for elimination, that is a big incentive. As D&K says, it’s nothing personal.

CBS.com - Innertube

^Link to a video preview of the upcoming episode.

What was said in the preview....

Voiceover: Amazing Race Sunday, only four all-star teams are left.

(Danielle trips and screams)

Voiceover: The beauty queens are desperate to get into the final three.

Dustin: We're gonna race like we're in last place.

Voiceover: Will another team accept payment to help them?

Dustin: It's like we're bribing them not to yield us.

Voiceover: And traveling through Macau...

Danielle: Everyone's gonna be cut-throat and crazy.

Voiceover: ...people keep wondering how the most unlikely all-stars are still in the race. (they're talking about Charla & Mirna)

Mirna: Other teams probably see me as a tyrant, but I'm here to win.

Voiceover: New Amazing Race: All-Stars, CBS Sunday.
    Last edited by ShrinkingViolet; 04-18-2007 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Correction

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2336350;
    (Mirna trips and screams)
    Heeeee! I'm looking forward to it already!

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;2336936;
    Heeeee! I'm looking forward to it already!
    Sorry, it wasn't Mirna who tripped and screamed, it was Danielle.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast