+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 4/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Re: 4/15 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by umass;2332256;
    No, thats not what i meant. Judging by the previews nextweek it looks like Eric & Dani will not get the yield but either BQ, DO or Charlamirna.

I think Eric & Dani will be in the final three thats what I meant by foreshadowing.
    Oh, I know what you meant. I was just thinking aloud with my own fantasy But I don't think Eric/Danielle will be Yielded again. My guess is they'll try to team up with the others to take out the BQs or O/D.

did the fast foward rule change.
    danny&oswald again.
    i was hoping phil would be all, "danny and oswald youre the first team to arrive. but because you have already completed a fast forward, you must go back and complete all of the other taks."
    but he never said that.
    E&D will come back :]

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp

Quote Originally Posted by retromayhem;2332273;
    did the fast foward rule change.
    danny&oswald again.
    i was hoping phil would be all, "danny and oswald youre the first team to arrive. but because you have already completed a fast forward, you must go back and complete all of the other taks."
    but he never said that.
    E&D will come back :]
    I'm guessing that if you complete the FF on an intersection you can still go for the FF again, because a team can complete the FF on the intersection if they've already gotten it (that was the impression I got anyway).

that sucks.
    intersections. damn.
    but i predict eric&danielle come back :]

FORT Fanatic

Man, I really dislike Mirna & Charla, I really wish they would have come in last. I'm hoping Dustin & Kandice win this thing, but I ever rather see E &D win before C &M, and that's bad. C &M winning would be as bad as Boogie winning Big Brother last summer. I pray that doesn't happen.

Well I just got finished watching some of the Episode Clips CBS had to offer. I kept wondering throughout the show why Charla & Mirna are so mad at the BQs for using the yield on Eric & Danielle. I mean, they didn't yield them, so why should they be mad. But I found out from watching the Episode Clips that Charla & Mirna were mad at at Dustin & Kandice because they lied about them being yielded last season (Dustin & Kandice told Charla & Mirna and Eric & Danielle that they were yielded on TAR10). Unfortunately, the episode where the BQs yielded Bama was just airing in Malaysia, so Charla & Mirna (and not to mention Eric & Danielle) saw Dustin & Kandice weren't the victims of the yield; they were the users of the yield.

Also, I don't like how Oswald & Danny get to use the Fast Forward again. It may because they first used the FF during the Intersection, but whatever. They still got the advantage twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Cwebb;2332270;
    Yeah for them going to my hometown, Hong Kong! However, must everything revolve around stunts? I mean, they could give them a tasks that involves, find this pirated vcd sold in Mongkok or a roadblock where someone needs to sit through and listen to a crappy cantopop idol's album!

Anyways, this was an alright episode, but as expected it was a NEL so there wasn't that much intensity in it. At this point, I'm more interested to see who would form an alliance next week. I'm thinking it'll be the BQ's aligning with either E/D or C/M in an unlikely alliance to yield someone. However, C/M have been talking about their "moral superiority" so I don't see them aligning themselves with anyone to use the yield (unless its against the BQ's and then they'll justify it by saying its karma). I just hope D/O aren't affected by the yield!

yay! this epidose 's detination is Hong Kong? Awesome I can hardly wait for watching the show tonight ! But I still have to wait for about 6 hours, so excited that they come to Hong Kong
    Australia's Next Top Model - Alice Burdeu

Once again we have to suffer through an NEL. I am totally disappointed that The Boobs were saved. I was really ready for them to go, they are so negative about the race and towards each other.

And I was also not hating Schmirna again this ep. Mirna was really toned down again and she was much more supportive of Charla then we have seen in other legs. I was laughing out loud when Charla activated her super shoes and Mirna dragged her through the airport!

The BQ's are starting to get on my nerves. I don't understand why they have all of a sudden taken on the role of hypocrite, but they have almost traded places with Schmirna as the most "righteous" racers.

I love Team Cha-Cha! Danny and Oswald are the best thing that has happened to the race this season! Of course this means that they will not win, but I enjoy every moment they are on my TV. I think it was totally fair that they used the Fast Forward, whoever gets their first has the right to use it period.

Based on the previews I think that D/O will get yielded next week. They are perceived as the best team left by the other racers. I think The Boobs and the BQ's will band together to get rid of them because they would prefer to compete against Schmirna in the final leg.

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff;2332249;
    Since no one had seen the BQ's in action why the animosity towards them? Their season had just start airing when this race was being filmed so no one but David & Mary knew how they raced. Is everyone just using their skewed opinion towards the BQ's or has there been off-camera issues?
    As much as anything else, I'd guess because the BQ's appear to be enjoying themselves to a degree that grates on others that often aren't. They don't appear to be too nasty or underhanded in their play, though some of their comments reflected back toward those irked by them in general may have validated somewhat negative comments about them to third party observers not directly engaged in the fun exchanges.

I didn't understand what all the drama was about at the tickey counter when Mirna and BQ's were going at it about being first on the standby list. The BQ's were of course before Charla and Mirna on the list seeing as their names weren't Danny and Oswald. No transferable savesies in that manner, not if the airline personnel are doing their jobs correctly.

I forget; is Mirna a naturalized U.S. citizen? The way she speaks doesn't strike me as American at all. Not unless she lived in some ethnic enclave long enough to adopt the voice patterns of others originally foreign to the U.S.

I'd never heard of 'heelies'(?). I thought Mirna was just dragging Charla across the floor with remarkable ease, making me wonder why people weren't falling on their bottoms all around considering how well waxed I assumed that meant the flooring must be.

The kung fu climbing was mostly enjoyable to view, even Mirna came out well visually and verbally there with her 'we're here to make love, not war' quip. I don't know why she and Charla hesitated going there to begin with, if the producers made sure there was a suit of armor that would fit Charla, they weren't going to have bamboo positioned further apart than Charla could capably scale. I'd have preferred the climbers had to armor up and go through a moderated full contact climb instead of making way through what amounted to Ninja Gnats.

Quote Originally Posted by cerveza;2331938;
    I'll never understand why they have non-elimination legs. why don't they just start with more teams??
    It's not a matter of more teams or not...and it's really not a matter of cost containment (although, certainly, a show as expensive as TAR has found ways to reduce its cost per episode in recent years.)

No, the reason for Non-Elimination Legs is...and I know some of my fellow FORTskateers won't believe me...is that it makes the show more dramatic and exciting for those watching the show.

(You don't believe me, do you? I told you...)

See, here's the thing...if EVERY SINGLE EPISODE ended with the last team being eliminated--then there's no drama unless the last two teams are extremely close...and, as much as the crack staff of TAR editors use fast cuts and tension-building music to make it seem like the team that's hurrying can catch up to the team that's momentarily lost, USUALLY the episode endings aren't all THAT close in reality.

What having a couple of NELs does is put the thought in the back of your mind "Maybe my favorite team, which just came in last, ISN'T eliminated...because maybe this is an NEL and they'll be saved!!!"

That hope is supposed to make every epsiode more dramatic.

And it works in reverse, too...when you finally see that team you hate take last...and then you groan when they're saved by an NEL and you have to hate them even more next week.

The problem is, most of us TAR fans have figured out...generally...when NELs occur, so there's usually little drama for us...BUT, for a more casual viewer, it can make the entire experience more enjoyable.

Just like bunching, it's one of those things that diehard fans complain about...but the show wouldn't work as well if it didn't happen.

pg--likes the "Marked For Elimination" NELs better than the muggings of previous years--seattle

+ Reply to Thread