+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536

Thread: 4/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;2317974;
    Unless they divide the finale up or have a TBC leg.
    Oh yeah, there's that.

And it took me a while to figure out what TBC means.

Re: 4/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff;2317735;
    I'm not sure. Even with regular TAR teams of 11 that's 22 people to try and remember. And usually I can't tell who's who until the final four (except for whomever I'm rooting for of course )

The teams of 4 were a LOT of people to remember and even when it got to the final teams I couldn't tell you their individual names, just their 'team name'.

I can't recall that team's name either and they were enjoyable! From that aspect I wouldn't mind other families like that racing again. They were competitive, they had personalities, yet they weren't self-destructive or overly rude to other racers.

The biggest problem with the Family Edition was the dumbing down followed closely by sticking primarily to the USA. There's no reason why they couldn't have had challenging tasks. And left North America.

I think it hurt because the families had such young children. Nothing too strenous or challenging took place or the adults had to do the tasks by themselves. If there are all adults, I think the race would be much more interesting.

Although on a very cool side note. The Family Edition went through PA and one of the local farms was an actual task. We went on a field trip there and they showed us where the challenge took place. They had to build a water wheel. They also had to drive past my dad's store on their way to Gettysburg So that was pretty cool (at least for me)

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff;2316943;
    TAR is one of those programs I'll take any way they dish it out. Even the irritating Family Edition was better than no TAR at all!
    I'm an avid TAR lover, which is the ONLY reason I'm watching this season, since the idea of an 'all stars' season is idiotic to the maximum. But although I watched some of the family edition season, I probably missed more than I watched because it just didn't have any interest for me.

Well, in one way it did -- I wanted to give some of those snot-nosed kids a good slap across the mouth or spanking because obviously their parents failed along those lines. That season was just way too irritating for me to go out of my way to watch. I couldn't imagine how a parent(s) could allow their children to get mixed up in something like that, in the first place, and in the second place I can't imagine parent(s) allowing their kids to talk and/or act the way some of them did. I hate the message those parents were sending their kids -- even though some of the parents themselves needed a good smack across the face pretty often, also. There was just absolutely nothing redeemable about any of those family edition participants that I could see, and everything wrong about them.

It's one thing to watch the regular season adult two-person teams behaving badly, but to watch snot-nosed obnoxious foul-mouthed brats doing it is another thing altogether. I pray to TPTB there is never another family edition. For that matter, another 'all star' season, either.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Okay. I'll admit..I'm slow. Lack of sleep will have that effect but what does TBC stand for?

I think - To Be Continued. lasting over 2 episodes

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2319909;
    I think - To Be Continued. lasting over 2 episodes

Ah. Thank you!

+ Reply to Thread