+ Reply to Thread
Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: 4/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2314069;
    Bad news....

This week's episode drew in 8.94 million viewers, about 1 million less than last week.

Dear CBS,

Get the RIGHT message from this information.

Either.

1) America doesn't really like TAR, despite solid ratings over the years, a dumptruck full of Emmy Awards and a very vocal fan base...and this proves it once and for all.

OR

2) AMERICA LOVES TAR...we're just not as enamored of it when you mess with the formula...like when you make families run around and look at things in America, or when you trot out a cast of supposed "all-stars" who we've already seen run their race...or when another company makes it and it appears on another network under the name "Treasure Hunters."

(OK, that last example's a joke...lay off, it's my job...I have to say things like that every now and then or the pressure bursts my pipes.)

Seriously, CBS...if you give us a good season of TAR, the way that TAR can be, with new people to see doing new challenges, WE WILL WATCH IT.

Watching the same people we saw already doesn't have the same excitement factor to it...

In other words, CBS...it's not that we no longer like Italian food, it's that you guys messed with the ingredients of our favorite dish and you've served us up something with a little less flavor than before.

We'll still come back if you get your lasagna together.

pg--Can you tell The Sopranos is coming back?--seattle

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2313094;
    I don't think it was obnoxious in the least. Are they supposed to go their entire lives not accepting anything because they won top prize in a reality show previously? So does that mean Rob/Amber shouldn't ever accept anything because Amber previously won top prize in a reality show? This is yet another reason why I think alleged 'all star' versions of these shows is idiotic, but the fact is they did make the stupid AS season and brought back people who've won things before (either TAR or other shows), and whatever anyone won before has no bearing on what they should get out of this season.

If Danny/Oswald wanted to give it to them, there's no reason they shouldn't be allowed to take it. And it doesn't make them obnoxious that they did.
    It's not that I thought that they shouldn't accept it, it was the quickness of their acceptance that bothered me. No argument at all. D/O arrived there at the same time as U/J. They both should have won something since it was at the end of the intersection venture-that it wasn't like that was ill-conceived on TPTB part. But IMO for U/J not to offer even a token 'Are you sure?' just struck me the wrong way.

I don't think that D/O want to win prizes too much, otherwise why give up this one and the one to C/M the other week by fruit shopping. The times listed for their departure times seemed kind of a big difference for buying fruit, as if they had wanted C/M to win and were making sure they took enough time buying fruit. I think buying the fruit was not a bad plan if they were trying to prevent dehydration, especially considering they weren't in danger of going home, or even getting any other place than 1st or 2nd. But it appears to me that they have given up 2 first place prizes so far. But not the million as they told U/J!

FORT Fan
    But IMO for U/J not to offer even a token 'Are you sure?' just struck me the wrong way.
    I said this to dh while we were watching. You would expect a bit of back and forth. I think there is more of that when someone offers to pick up the check if you're out for dinner than there was in this situation. Not saying it was wrong of them to take it, just that they seemed to jump on it right away.

Maybe they all discussed the possibility before they got to the mat, flipped a coin or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Scrappymom;2314511;
    Maybe they all discussed the possibility before they got to the mat, flipped a coin or something?
    That's my guess. For one, D/O offered it very quickly and U/J didn't let grass grow under their feet when they said thank you. I would assume it was discussed prior to reaching the mat.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by pg13;2314145;
    Dear CBS,

Get the RIGHT message from this information.

Either.

1) America doesn't really like TAR
    OR
    2) AMERICA LOVES TAR
    OR
    3) America hates the date & time slot Especially when it follows an overlong sports program that messes with the start time. Keep it on a date when the start time is consistent!

I'm enjoying AS. The roadblocks and detours have returned to being challenging. I can actually tell the teams apart before it gets down to the final 4. For me it's just another great season of TAR!

The only drawbacks this season are Eric & Danielle, Charla & Mirna, and the overload of South American countries. Other than that I'd welcome another AS down the road. I'd even welcome another Family Edition if they nix the 4 member team idea, keep the age level above 15, and keep the tasks challenging (and avoid the Weavers!).

TAR is one of those programs I'll take any way they dish it out. Even the irritating Family Edition was better than no TAR at all!

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff;2316943;
    I'd even welcome another Family Edition if they nix the 4 member team idea, keep the age level above 15, and keep the tasks challenging (and avoid the Weavers!).
    How big should the teams be? Just have pairs of family members?

As I watch this show I think of another Family Edition with all adult teams of 4 would be fun. Like the team of 3 brothers and a sister from Ohio. ( I can't remember their names) would be more interesting than letting kids run the race.
    Last edited by kimrs; 04-06-2007 at 08:03 PM.

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2317427;

As I watch this show I think of another Family Edition with all adult teams of 4 would be fun. Like the team of 3 brothers and a sister from Ohio. ( I can't remember their names) would be more interesting than letting kids run the race.
    I'm not sure. Even with regular TAR teams of 11 that's 22 people to try and remember. And usually I can't tell who's who until the final four (except for whomever I'm rooting for of course )

The teams of 4 were a LOT of people to remember and even when it got to the final teams I couldn't tell you their individual names, just their 'team name'.

I can't recall that team's name either and they were enjoyable! From that aspect I wouldn't mind other families like that racing again. They were competitive, they had personalities, yet they weren't self-destructive or overly rude to other racers.

The biggest problem with the Family Edition was the dumbing down followed closely by sticking primarily to the USA. There's no reason why they couldn't have had challenging tasks. And left North America.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by kimrs;2317427;

That would be the Linz family (Megan, Tommy, Nick, and Alex-probably the only family whose names I know )

The Amazing Race All-Stars finale date has been announced! Check your calendars to see if you're doing anything on May 6th. If so, cancel whatever you doing so you can watch the finale.

With May 6th being 5 weeks away and with the racers completing 8 out of 12 legs already, I wonder how it's going to work. I guess TAR won't air during one week.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;2317886;
    The Amazing Race All-Stars finale date has been announced! Check your calendars to see if you're doing anything on May 6th. If so, cancel whatever you doing so you can watch the finale.

With May 6th being 5 weeks away and with the racers completing 8 out of 12 legs already, I wonder how it's going to work. I guess TAR won't air during one week.
    Unless they divide the finale up or have a TBC leg.

+ Reply to Thread