+ Reply to Thread
Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24252627282930313233343536 LastLast

Thread: 4/1 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    I didn't see the Guidos do anything wrong. They didn't get on a plane. Then didn't get on a plane again. They outraced some other teams, but any attempt they may have had to not lose they were getting held back by poor planning. They could not break away from Danielle and Eric to save their lives. Intersection should not be after a NEL. This is a lesson that should have been learned last season.

I loved last night's show. It had everything that makes TAR exciting and so much fun to watch. Having said that though, I do agree that having an intersection following a NEL stunk, badly. The Guidos couldn't control their own destiny. The way they chowed down that sausage, they probably could have made up that 30 minute penalty. Poor planning, that.

As far as I'm concerned karma came up and bit C/M in the butt while they were in Poland. Giggling and asking if the taxi driver likes Polish Sausages and such is going ot endear him to you how, exactly? They are ignorant, loud, frightening Westerners who think affecting a mish-mash of accents and yelling really loudly while you complain about not having enough $$ to pay someone who you are DEMANDING help you win a MILLION $$ is behaviour that is supposed to make you liked by everyone the world over. Get over yourselves, ladies. It's not Poland, it's YOU.

So happy to see D/O and U/J get the fast forward. It did suck for the BQs though having to wait for the 2nd bus to show up to do the Intersection. Their consistenly good attitude has made me warm up to them a lot, though, and I wouldn't mind it if they won.

You know, I don't know who bugs me more, Eric or Dannielle. I think I'd rather poke myself in the eye with a sharp stick than travel anywhere with him, but she's just too dumb for words and pouts A Lot. That said, though, she did pretty good eating that sausage, even with Charla puking her guts out right behind her. Ewwwwwww.

And I must be going to you-know-where because I laughed out loud when Charla put on that mini suit of armour and tried to lead the horse, Mirna screeching the entire way. Man, even I think Charla must be ready to kick Mirna in the teeth sometimes. Mirna is getting one of the most vile reality tv edits I've ever seen. Looks like she gives them a lot to work with. Screaming at Charla in the car with her martyr'd face "what do you DO, Charla? I have to do EVERYTHING!" Gah...betcha the cameraman stuck with them got extra pay. :wink

I'm so glad I remembered to watch it. I totally forgot on Sunday night and i missed like the first 30 minutes of the first leg but I managed to get to the part to see Dustin and Kandice finally making it to first place. Though after that the Intersection stunk b/c D/K couldn't do it until another team arrived. At least they still made it to 3rd place. Charla and Mirna again enjoyable to watch but the taxi drivers versus Mirna annoyed me. The sausage challenge was hilarious and what was up with the ridiculously easy FAST FORWARD. I mean come on, COUNTING STEPS? The first leg was definitely better structured then the second leg IMO.

FORT Regular
    I just finished watching the Finish Line on the CBS website and the Guidos said that a Detour WAS edited out in the first hour. It was some kind of rowing challenge. It sounded like one of them had to row in a long, straight reflecting pool type thing. It took him about 5 minutes to complete. Then they stepped onto the mat - it was that close to Phil. Didn't sound like we missed much!

Quote Originally Posted by teddyray110;2310769;
    what was up with the ridiculously easy FAST FORWARD. I mean come on, COUNTING STEPS? The first leg was definitely better structured then the second leg IMO.
    And yet 2 out of the four came up with the wrong number of steps. Make you wonder huh?

Another thing, how nice was it for Danny and Oswald to give up the first place trip prize to Uchenna and Joyce? They didn't even seem to think about it and seemed genuinely happy to let U/J go. Can I just say again how much I love those two?

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;2311652;
    Another thing, how nice was it for Danny and Oswald to give up the first place trip prize to Uchenna and Joyce? They didn't even seem to think about it and seemed genuinely happy to let U/J go. Can I just say again how much I love those two?
    Yes, and I noticed how quickly U/J accepted. No argument from them :/ I wasn't surprised by D/O offering, but for U/J to accept it as if it was their due IMO was a bit obnoxious. They won the million last time-D/O didn't.

LG.
    my thoughts about D/O "giving up" the leg prize was that they didn't really want to pay the taxes on this prize, or at least not enough so so that they'd be willing to let U/J take it (after D/O had already won one so far this season). When you win a prize, you need to include the full value of that prize in your taxable income, and if it is a trip or something you don't necessarily want all that badly anyway, it might be something you could part with rather easily.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;2311706;
    Yes, and I noticed how quickly U/J accepted. No argument from them :/ I wasn't surprised by D/O offering, but for U/J to accept it as if it was their due IMO was a bit obnoxious. They won the million last time-D/O didn't.
    I don't think it was obnoxious in the least. Are they supposed to go their entire lives not accepting anything because they won top prize in a reality show previously? So does that mean Rob/Amber shouldn't ever accept anything because Amber previously won top prize in a reality show? This is yet another reason why I think alleged 'all star' versions of these shows is idiotic, but the fact is they did make the stupid AS season and brought back people who've won things before (either TAR or other shows), and whatever anyone won before has no bearing on what they should get out of this season.

If Danny/Oswald wanted to give it to them, there's no reason they shouldn't be allowed to take it. And it doesn't make them obnoxious that they did.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Bad news....

This week's episode drew in 8.94 million viewers, about 1 million less than last week.

+ Reply to Thread