+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: 3/25 Delayed Start Show Discussion Thread **spoilers**

CEO
    I hate equalizers. But this airport bottleneck was absurd. And then a ferry that has three hours between launches? This show was custom built to spread out the teams. There was no racing to be seen this day...
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Question: They have a pit stop of designated length with each team leaving in the same sequence they arrived - does that mean that Guido will be leaving a half a day later than Schmirna?
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Leo
    Premium Member
    If that was the gap between Guido's arrival and Charla and Mirna's, yes, they'll leave that much later.

Wow. That's just depressing. Schmirna's advantage, I mean, not Guido's disadvantage. I've got my fingers crossed for one impressive equalizer.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

This is so funny everyone is wondering/complaining about the group being so spread out and yet in every season people complain that no matter how ahead they are because of airport flight times they lose that lead. Let Mirna and Charla enjoy the lead they have for now it will not last forever.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

If you go to the Elimination Station video, Ian carries on about how Danny and Oswald are above board, using the mistake the travel agent made with their tickets and then says the same thing happened with Eric and Danielle. He implies that Danny and Oswald are devious and tells the whole group this! Oh did that make me MAD! D&O couldn't be more ethical and racing with kindness. I hope Ian is EMBARRASSED when he realizes after the race, what a JA he looks like when D&O did nothing but be helpful yet competitive.
    I love TAR!

CCL
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo;2297295;
    If that was the gap between Guido's arrival and Charla and Mirna's, yes, they'll leave that much later.
    I was told (might be spoilery):
    Click to see Spoiler:
    that there was a gap of 17 hours between when Charla & Mirna arrived and when the last team arrived. So it would seem that at the very least Charla and Mirna (and Danny and Oswald) were racing for a few hours before Team Guido even checked in.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2297331;
    This is so funny everyone is wondering/complaining about the group being so spread out and yet in every season people complain that no matter how ahead they are because of airport flight times they lose that lead. Let Mirna and Charla enjoy the lead they have for now it will not last forever.
    I hate nothing more than when they are all on the same plane. Keep in mind that Mirna and Charla's lead would have been even greater if not for the weather when they arrived in Dar-Es-Salaam. The first dhow didn't leave until 5:30 the next morning. While watching the episode, I was mighty suspicious of the storm that prevented them from sailing when they arrived. Mirna and Charla took a chance the other teams weren't willing to and took the first flight to Johannesberg. For once, it paid off.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2297298;
    Wow. That's just depressing. Schmirna's advantage, I mean, not Guido's disadvantage. I've got my fingers crossed for one impressive equalizer.
    Even though everyone claims the race legs are pre-arranged and not changed after the fact, I'm pretty sure there will be at least ONE really long equalizer in there somewhere soon. An "oh, our operating hours are only 8AM-2PM" type thing, and "isn't it interesting you got here at 5PM".

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2297331;
    My beef is that it made for a boring episode. Half of the episode was spent in airports... which made for dull TV. And when they weren't in an airport, there was practically NO question what the standings would be. It was like the whole episode was pre-ordained from the moment everyone left the airports.

+ Reply to Thread