+ Reply to Thread
Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2223242526272829303132

Thread: 3/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;2281816;
    The only thing that I find discouraging is the continued lack-lustre ratings. I'm always worrying that this season will be the last, despite the critical validation in the form of Emmy wins. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that they will be casting for the next show soon. I need my TAR!
    On this we agree. This season's ratings have continually been lower than previous seasons, so I too am concerned that this might bode ill for another season (a real season, not this AS crap) of TAR. I wish the producers would go back and revisit and analyze the ratings season by season and see that the best ratings came from the seasons without gimmicks such as families and alleged all-stars, and get back to the basics of TAR that made it so popular and ratings-gold. I sincerely don't want this stupid TARAS to be the last blast of TAR
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by pg13;2279155;
    After they win my respect, they leave...and now, all I have left to root for are Danny & Oswald...and then, after that...there's a huge drop off in people that I hope do well.

But, it IS TAR...and ANY TAR (even Family Edition TAR) is better than no TAR.

However, can I get an Amen from the FORT congregation...that we can finally...absolutely...positiv ely...unquestionably...retire the notion that NELs are not predetermined?

Seriously...if EVER the powers that be were going to step in and rescue a team for the sake of conflict or ratings--don't you think they would have done so this week?

SO...FROM NOW UNTIL THE END OF TIME...BELIEVE THE TRUTH--NEL PLACEMENTS ARE PRE-DETERMINED BEFORE THE RACE STARTS AND DO NOT CHANGE JUST TO SAVE POPULAR (OR INFAMOUS) TEAMS.
    My husband (the conspiracy theorist) has always thought the NELs were rigged. Even he was finally forced to admit that if ever they were rigged, this would have been the time.

I saw an interview with Rob and Amber on another site (I don't think I'm allowed to say which one?) where they said that the written clue on the sign it task did not mention the spelling needed to be correct, but did make it seem like the signs needed to point a certain way. They didn't know the spelling was why they lost until they watched the show on Sunday (at John Vito's place in New York, I think). Normally I wouldn't trust anything Rob says (though he's one of my favorite AR racers) but this would make a lot of sense - why else wouldn't Amber have checked the spelling? Why else would the other teams have focused so much on the direction of their arrows?

Re the letter, they said they didn't even remember who Patrick was until looking it up on the Internet later. Hee hee! And that he never did find the letter on his own table, but finally found it on another table. By that time Charla and Mirna were already at the pitstop.
    "if at first you don't succeed, destroy any evidence that you ever tried" - The Office

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2281916;
    On this we agree. This season's ratings have continually been lower than previous seasons, so I too am concerned that this might bode ill for another season (a real season, not this AS crap) of TAR. I wish the producers would go back and revisit and analyze the ratings season by season and see that the best ratings came from the seasons without gimmicks such as families and alleged all-stars, and get back to the basics of TAR that made it so popular and ratings-gold. I sincerely don't want this stupid TARAS to be the last blast of TAR
    I also hope if TPTB do go back and analyze ratings from previous seasons, they also realize that Sunday night is NOT the night to air this show! Not in the fall when football dominates Sunday afternoons/early evenings and messes up when the show will actually air. Even All-Stars has had a few problems actually airing at 8 p.m. on Sunday nights.

FORT Fogey
    The best ratings did come from a gimmick. Cross casting. Specifically Rob & Amber.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I'm trying not to be too concerned about TAR not returning; but the later the season gets without any official word the more worried I'll be. It's been discussed that AS editions for Survivor and Big Brother did better in the ratings, and I thought the same would be true for TAR's edition. Just like I'd love to see Survivor go back to basics, I'd like to see TAR do the same thing. TAR is the kind of show that doesn't need a bunch of twists or gimmicks. Despite the fact that future racers can watch a season, they still don't know what their season holds for them. Or that something completely out of their control can lead to their down fall. I'd like to see it back to 11/12 teams of 2 people racing around the world, with cryptic clues, no Yields, no NEL penalties, no cross overs, no AS, and no families or some other gimmick edition season. TAR is such a wonderful show, and it doesn't need all of that stuff.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-15-2007 at 07:23 PM.

I totally agree, TAR needs to get back to what made the first few seasons so exciting. I have heard a lot of people saying they wish other cross-cast teams would go on TAR, like people from BB (the blonde and Dr. Will - sorry I don't watch the show. Only show I watched was Dr. Will's diabolical season). I couldn't stress how much I don't want this to happen. I'll admit to favoritism here. There are very few people in reality tv I like and could watch again and again (Boston Rob is one of them, obviously) so having recycled reality stars showing up on my favorite show would be disappointing...unless of course it was Ozzy and he was FABULOUS...again, I'm claiming favoritism! Keep to casting interesting duos with stories to tell and send them to exciting places and have them do interesting and educational things. I'm all for that TAR, they can skip another TARAS as far as I'm concerned.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea;2282332;
    I totally agree, TAR needs to get back to what made the first few seasons so exciting. I have heard a lot of people saying they wish other cross-cast teams would go on TAR, like people from BB (the blonde and Dr. Will - sorry I don't watch the show. Only show I watched was Dr. Will's diabolical season). I couldn't stress how much I don't want this to happen. I'll admit to favoritism here. There are very few people in reality tv I like and could watch again and again (Boston Rob is one of them, obviously) so having recycled reality stars showing up on my favorite show would be disappointing...unless of course it was Ozzy and he was FABULOUS...again, I'm claiming favoritism! Keep to casting interesting duos with stories to tell and send them to exciting places and have them do interesting and educational things. I'm all for that TAR, they can skip another TARAS as far as I'm concerned.
    Exactly. I have my favorites from Survivor and Big Brother (Alison for one who showed up on TAR5) but it doesn't mean I want them showing up on TAR I used to love Rob during his Survivor days, but after his two appearances on TAR, now I can't stand him or his ego. There were rumors last year about Will and Janelle from Big Brother (like him, hate her) showing up on TAR. I'm worried that if the ratings don't improve that we may very well be seeing those two next season, assuming we have a next season How I miss the days when that little line in the contract stated if you had previously appeared on another reality show, you couldn't appear on another one. Another thing I'd suggest about casting-stop casting the cookie cutter teams that are like a carbon copy of someone that came before them. You can go from TAR1 all the way to TAR10 and put a lot of the teams in the same category. A lot of these people have similar back stories or personalities. Cast teams that actually stand a chance and want to race and not worry about alliances and friends. And get rid of of the recycled BB, Survivor, and TAR contestants who cast their friends. I'd like to see some teams with new relationships cast. TAR started going downhill for me during TAR7, and Rob/Amber didn't have as much to do with it as the overall season.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-15-2007 at 09:24 PM.

FORT Fogey
    Sunday is definitely NOT the night for TAR, though going back to Tuesdays (Idol night) is not much better. Football was the death of any Sunday 8pm show - no one can ever set a VCR correctly when the games go over every single week.

I loved TAR best when there were really good challenges that they had to THINK to accomplish, or those that were pure fun and featured scenery or activity that was popular in that region (ie the grannies hang gliding off the cliff to the beach in Brazil, the sand dune sledding in the Sahara, the bowling moms going on the water river ride with helmets and only a plastic sled thing to hang on to) - those things that make me want to visit that area vs. the games that are indigineous to the region (shooting arrows, finding clues in roled up bales of hay).

I do like that the racers have to drive themselves more, as leaving navigating and directions to individuals vs. to taxi drivers makes it more exciting and skill based. Though I would rather people NOT rely on following a taxi driver or bringing a local with them.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-24-2007, 05:53 AM