+ Reply to Thread
Page 31 of 32 FirstFirst ... 212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 3/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by taracran;2275997;
    Tonight was the best. I was so afraid that it would be a NEL and when I heard "I'm sorry to tell you" I screamed so loud I think the neighbors heard me.

I have never liked Rob or Amber and I almost didn't watch TARAS because of them. Now I can really enjoy the show.
    I agree.....The game show couple being eliminated that way was priceless!!! Unfortunately they'll probally show up on yet another reality show ....blah!

Quote Originally Posted by StageHand;2277477;
    I agree.....The game show couple being eliminated that way was priceless!!! Unfortunately they'll probally show up on yet another reality show ....blah!
    Well, according to Rob on Regis and Kelly they have "something in the works" so you never know, we will probably see them again! Doesn't bother me in the slightest, as I love them, but Mr. Sweetpea may just blow a fuse if he sees them again. He doesn't mind them, thinks Rob is an ass but that they are good racers, but he's like a lot of you and doesn't want to see them on tv again. As for me,

FORT Newbie
    Good riddance to bad rubbish, or, in this case, to Reality TV Trash. "Something in the works"? Probably their own trailer park.

It kind of gives Danny and Oswald a competitive advantage that they have been spending so much time in South America. Not that TAR should avoid Spanish speaking countries just because there is an Hispanic team, just that I am surprised that they have spent the first four legs there.
    But then one team couldn't spell a country's name even when it was written out for them.
    "The sun rose promptly at dawn."
    Tom Clancy in his novel The Teeth of the Tiger

Leo
    Premium Member
    Doesn't really belong in here, but here it is anyway: TAR is getting the Mad magazine treatment in the April issue (Donald Trump and Rosie on the cover). It'll be satirized as "The Amazing Rut", I hear.

Quote Originally Posted by user name;2276955;
    Rob & Amber are second all time to Eric & Jeremy statistically, though if you ask me, they're still the better team. With Colin & Christie, I'd have to wonder just how well they would have done if he wasn't allowed to carry her and do everything for her. Same with Chip & Kim.
    Thank you for once again pointing out the unmistakable, cold truth to the Colin and Christie-Who fans.

I too will miss Amber and Rob. I stupidly missed the first half hour and only have a partial picture of their downfall, but it's enough. I prefer to call myself an "unsure" speller rather than a bad one, but it amount to the same thing.

Why was Mirna looking through the mail with Charla giving her tips, when Charla could have easily done this challenge. Will they eventually be eliminated, because Charla is forced to do a challenge that she is incapable of? Isn't the rule in affect that they must share the load?

After they win my respect, they leave...and now, all I have left to root for are Danny & Oswald...and then, after that...there's a huge drop off in people that I hope do well.

But, it IS TAR...and ANY TAR (even Family Edition TAR) is better than no TAR.

However, can I get an Amen from the FORT congregation...that we can finally...absolutely...positiv ely...unquestionably...retire the notion that NELs are not predetermined?

Seriously...if EVER the powers that be were going to step in and rescue a team for the sake of conflict or ratings--don't you think they would have done so this week?

SO...FROM NOW UNTIL THE END OF TIME...BELIEVE THE TRUTH--NEL PLACEMENTS ARE PRE-DETERMINED BEFORE THE RACE STARTS AND DO NOT CHANGE JUST TO SAVE POPULAR (OR INFAMOUS) TEAMS.

pg--
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I still believe this to be accurate: TAR-AS=WORST TAR SEASON EVER
    --seattle

FORT Newbie
    Phil mentioned that the show takes 28 days to shoot, and when teams are eliminated, they send them to a beach resort in Acapulco Mexico for sequester until the show is done shooting. When Rob and Amber were making their interview circuit this week in New York, they mentioned that they just tanned and kicked back in Mexico. I wonder if some teams actually went on the All Star show just for the sequester vacation. I wonder if that's the reason why Kevin and Drew didn't really care when they were eliminated.

I remember in episode 1 when David and Mary first saw Rob and Amber at the bookstore in the airport, they were in awe of them like they just saw The Beatles or something. I can totally see Dave and Mary hanging around R and A in Acapulco, taking pictures with them, joining them for dinner and doing karaoke, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by pg13;2279155;
    But, it IS TAR...and ANY TAR (even Family Edition TAR) is better than no TAR.

However, can I get an Amen from the FORT congregation...that we can finally...absolutely...positiv ely...unquestionably...retire the notion that NELs are not predetermined?

pg--
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I still believe this to be accurate: TAR-AS=WORST TAR SEASON EVER
    --seattle
    I agree that there is always something worthwhile to see in TAR even if it isn't the racers.

AMEN, Brother! But, of course, with me you are preaching to the choir. I suspect that many others in the congregation will fall by the wayside.

I'm forced to agree based on the racers involved and the challenges to-date.

I remember the hue and cry when the hippies kept getting saved by the NEL. People were screaming that the producers wanted to keep them in, but I never believed it. I think their good karma just caught up with them. I believe Rob and Amber just got done in by a bad day and some bad decisions and frustrating tasks. So be it.

TAR is my favorite tv show, hands down, so I will always watch even if my favorites are ousted. Hey, I suffered through a Flo win and a Freddy and KKKendra win, so I can handle anything. I'm strong. The last show never fails to get my heart racing, and it's tv at it's finest IMO. The only thing that I find discouraging is the continued lack-lustre ratings. I'm always worrying that this season will be the last, despite the critical validation in the form of Emmy wins. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that they will be casting for the next show soon. I need my TAR!

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-24-2007, 06:53 AM