+ Reply to Thread
Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 3/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by JLuvs;2276017;
    Here is my theory on the letters. Since everyone had two, maybe one of their letters was negative and one was positive and it just depended on which letter they found.

bbnbama - It was bound to happen eventually. I think Charla and Mirna are my third favorite team ever.
    I'm glad I'm not alone in my Charla/Mirna love. That did surprise me with the letters. I was thinking (jokingly) how funny it would be for C/M to get one from Colin/Christie, but figured they'd probably get one from Chip/Kim or the bowling moms. When I heard Marshall/Lance my jaw hit the floor And Rob/Amber getting one from Susan/Patrick?

This was a good episode and I can't believe I almost felt a slight pang of sympathy for Rob and had to splash some holy water on my face. He's not dumb because he couldn't spell Phillipines, but he is stupid for not looking at the map for the correct spelling. It's like being at a spelling bee with the dictionary in front of you. Rob is a good racer, but he's not a well-rounded one and his achilles heel eventually catches up to him. That's why I think the final three will be Danny/Oswald, Kandace/Dustin and Uchenna and Joyce.
    I'm still rooting for Charla and Mirna though I wish Mirna would just take a valium and chill a bit, but her telling Rob off in the Post Office..........Priceless.

Yeah, Lotuslander I have to admit I giggled a lot when Mirna freaked on Rob at the post office. Two type-A's in a stressful situation. Love it! I loved also how it didn't seem to bother either him or Amber, they both just smiled. I don't really think they take that kind of stuff too seriously. They seem pretty happy with their lives, and it shows.

Mirna needs to take more than a valium. Her comments about having to do so much more than anyone else on the race (because, obviously, she has to drag her cousin around with her) and her persecution complex - just so dislikable. Say what you will about Rob, but Mirna is all that and worse. She's dislikable, loud, obnoxious, self-righteous, unbalanced and a whiner. I don't remember disliking her this much in her original season, but this time around she's like nails on a chalkboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander;2276028;
    This was a good episode and I can't believe I almost felt a slight pang of sympathy for Rob and had to splash some holy water on my face. He's not dumb because he couldn't spell Phillipines, but he is stupid for not looking at the map for the correct spelling. It's like being at a spelling bee with the dictionary in front of you. Rob is a good racer, but he's not a well-rounded one and his achilles heel eventually catches up to him. That's why I think the final three will be Danny/Oswald, Kandace/Dustin and Uchenna and Joyce.
    I'm still rooting for Charla and Mirna though I wish Mirna would just take a valium and chill a bit, but her telling Rob off in the Post Office..........Priceless.
    I think he's more stupid for not listening to Amber when she wanted to change detours in the first place. I give Rob a pass on not being able to spell the Philippines because I always put one extra l and one less p in there. But I think that was their downfall right there, and that's not bad luck at all, just a stupid decision.

I also wish Mirna would take a valium or two or something to calm down. Charla seems cool, just that Mirna gets her going. I think those two would be doing better if they'd just calm down, not freak out, and think.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-12-2007 at 01:15 AM.

FORT Newbie
    The one thing I want Amber and Rob to be acknowledged for is their love and respect for each other. There have been very few teams on this race that have shown the same level of respect and love that they have. Bash all you want, but these two deserve respect.

Wow. I expected a lot of hate towards "Rob and Amber, pseudo-celebrities", but in the TAR forums I at least expected a little more respect towards their gameplay. I still consider them the best team to have never won, despite this one bad leg that sent them home. I'm sure someone else more active on the FORT is more qualified than I, but are they not the most dominant team, leg by leg, in TAR's history?

Waah, waah...it's because they were famous (?)...I'd strike that down regardless of what might have been said. They were among the first to really grab the locals and talk them into helping them along in their first appearance, and I think their respectful attitude towards the locals (severely contrasted to many teams over the seasons) was as attributable in that regard as any chance that they were revered in other countries, leaving locals awe-struck and spellbound, with no other option than to do what they ask. They were nice to people each time, did their research, and actually ran a great race.

For me, this "All Star" season has been a laughingstock from the first episode, as demonstrated by every other team save Rob and Amber with the exception of tonight. Complete and utter dominance from the one competent team through three episodes, while the others (even having done this before!) are an embarrassment. So the one bad leg Rob and Amber run, the other trainwreck teams somehow manage to not totally screw up (unlike the previous three episodes).

I know this is the FORT and members likely have pins jammed into their "Romber" voodoo dolls, but as far as their performance on TAR goes, I'm personally bummed that they're gone, because--and I'm agreeing with Muduh for once--they were the only reason I had any interest this season. There is no other team I'm remotely pulling for, and I'm not interested in watching the next few weeks while Whining Hypocrite and Short Round, or perhaps even Teri and Ian pull a Kentucky and gobble up some meaningless NELs.

The casting for the All Stars was always questionable to me (emphasized even more when Kentucky David kept referring to them as "the best of the best"), but without the one legitimate team of the bunch left, I've lost interest in watching the rest of it. I'd give as much credibility to the eventual winners as I would the fourth-grader on the playground who knocks the other kids down and calls himself the Incredible Hulk.

Sad.

Wow. I expected a lot of hate towards "Rob and Amber, pseudo-celebrities", but in the TAR forums I at least expected a little more respect towards their gameplay. I still consider them the best team to have never won, despite this one bad leg that sent them home. I'm sure someone else more active on the FORT is more qualified than I, but are they not the most dominant team, leg by leg, in TAR's history?
    I'm a Rob/Amber hater, proud to admit it and will again say I'm so happy they're gone. But I've never said Rob isn't any good at the game or that he and Amber aren't respectful towards each other, locals, other cultures, and what have you. In fact, I don't recall any, or many, Rob/Amber haters not saying they weren't good at the game or respectful of one another. I've seen this come up before, but do we need to acknowledge this or like them for it? I have other reasons for hating them. I still continue to think Amber is completely overrated and any number of reasons I could give for thinking she's not as great as people make her out to be, any female racers I could list that could kick that girl's ass, her supporters would poke holes in my reasons, find fault with the racers, just like I'd poke holes in their reasons why they think she's so deserving of the praise. For me, it's all Rob, and looking back on their Survivor and TAR runs, it's been him. There's a lot that goes on behind the scenes that we don't know about, and a lot of what she's been credited for other racers that have gotten slammed for doing nothing have done the same things.

I think Colin/Christie from TAR5 hold the record for most first place finishes. They had six, they also had three in a row, and would have had five in a row had it not been for two eating challenges that made them finish in second. Leo posted a chart that had averages of all the teams. I think Eric/Jeremy from TAR9 were one of the top teams, and Kris/Jon from TAR6. But I wouldn't factor in AS because not all the teams had a second chance to run. And in terms of the best team to have never won this race, IMHO, I consider it Colin/Christie and Kris/Jon.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-12-2007 at 01:37 AM.

The Letters

If you go to the video section of the CBS site three of the last four videos are the letters.You get to hear everything that was in them. Haven't got through all of them yet, but I thought some of you would like to know.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I'm a Rob/Amber hater, proud to admit it and will again say I'm so happy they're gone.
    I guess I expected more respect considering that this is the All Stars, and (as you acknowledge), they've been great at the game, and I would argue, far better than the remainder of the pack. The fact that people celebrate their elimination based on other factors (yours seemingly being that they are "overrated", or that people like them too much [?]) doesn't sit with me.

And yes, Colin and Christie won the most legs in one season, but "Romber" (with their three victories in All Stars) have the TAR record, so my point stands by technicality.
    Last edited by Green Imp; 03-12-2007 at 01:37 AM. Reason: spellong arrors

Quote Originally Posted by Green Imp;2276066;
    I guess I expected more respect considering that this is the All Stars, and (as you acknowledge), they've been great at the game, and I would argue, far better than the remainder of the pack. The fact that people celebrate their elimination based on other factors (yours seemingly being that they are "overrated", or that people like them too much [?]) doesn't sit with me.

And yes, Colin and Christie won the most legs in one season, but "Romber" (with their three victories in All Stars) have the TAR record, so my point stands by technicality.
    As I said I don't count AS because Rob/Amber had a second chance, so of course they're going to look better in terms of averages. Not all the teams get that, but people can base their averages on whatever they want. Because I base my averages on one season that's what convinces me. And my not liking Rob/Amber doesn't have much to with them being overrated (Rob lives up to his hype, while I don't think Amber does). If it factored into my hate for those two it'd probably be very small. If asked, of course I'll acknowledge their gameplay and respect. I don't really see what AS has to do with it respecting the teams or their gameplay, because like you, I just think AS and the casting is a load of crock (Kentucky? I'll never get over that one).
    Last edited by karalott; 03-12-2007 at 01:46 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-24-2007, 05:53 AM