+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 32 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526272829303132 LastLast

Thread: 3/11 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by user name;2275785;
    That's the thing. Rob & Amber were the best team, with only one or two others even close to the same league. They just got a bad break.
    Well their bad break turned out to be my good break. Now that they're gone I can forget this show for the rest of the season and spend my time doing other things. I only watched to see them.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Steena;2275789;
    They did get a bad break. I didn't necessarily want them to win, but they deserved to go farther.

I take it that they had the correct order at the roadblock, but one was misspelled?
    Yes, they figured it out right away, long before everyone else, but didn't spell one of the answers right. There are things they could have done to prevent this from happening, but it doesn't detract from the fact that they still ran the best race up to this point.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucy van Pelt;2275781;
    Well, Rob and Amber were the ones researching and studying ahead when they had a chance. No one else was. So how stupid does that make the rest of them?
    Correction, Rob and Amber were the only ones shown on tv researching. The others I'm sure did some kind of research.

I just think Rob and Amber have had enough TV time and have won more money and prizes to last a lifetime. Give somebody else a freakin' chance. Maybe a portion the public wanted them on but come on, they've been on Survivor twice, had their wedding on TV and have their own show on Fox Reality. ENOUGH already!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by karna68;2275804;
    I just think Rob and Amber have had enough TV time and have won more money and prizes to last a lifetime. Give somebody else a freakin' chance. Maybe a portion the public wanted them on but come on, they've been on Survivor twice, had their wedding on TV and have their own show on Fox Reality. ENOUGH already!
    They were on Survivor twice AND TAR twice? Wow... AND had their wedding on TV and their OWN reality show. wow... (I dont follow them heh)

FORT Fanatic
    NOOOO!!!! While I'm okay with Romber going I HATE that Charla & Mirna are still in this. Especially after the way they behaved this episode - it's the worst I've ever seen them and that's saying a lot considering how much I despise them.

What was up with Mirna's freak-out at Charla at the Detour? Does she really think shrieking at her will hurry her up? And her martyr-dom speech "I do everything, Charla does nothing". Gag me.

At least Romber inspired a grudging respect. They are good racers and even when the chips are down they continue to respect each other. They would have beat C&M if one of them had checked the darn spelling!!

Oh, and what was Charla talking about there at the end to Phil? "We try to get out of last place and we did it", Um NO. Next leg you'll start out last like you have every other leg. That's still last place.

Quote Originally Posted by Julian Pyke;2275808;
    They were on Survivor twice AND TAR twice? Wow... AND had their wedding on TV and their OWN reality show. wow... (I dont follow them heh)
    Right I forgot TAR twice ugh! I don't follow them either but when they're on the shows I like you hear things.

CEO
    It seems to me that rob and amber had no urgency this episode. Like they wanted to leave? Rob sorted the letters one by one. They didn't even run after the post office? I don't get it.
    ΜOΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Highly doubt that they wanted to leave. Maybe it was really tough to run around the pitstop area and they might've been tired. Most teams looked like they just walked really fast.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Gahh!!!

If I haven't admitted before, I am a supporter of Rob & Amber. I wasn't a Rob fan during Survivor, but what I disliked about him I could at least respect... he worked people well. When he was on TAR the first time, it was clear he was doing something others weren't (as much anyway), and that's working with locals instead of trying to do it all himself. How many times did he an Amber bring someone along with them to help them find stuff?

This time around, you have to admit they were doing well. True, some don't like them, but they were coming from behind and finishing first consistently. This time, Rob made some bad decisions (no fault on Amber, it seems... the misspelling, the Nautilus mislocation, the wrong way down the trail, and taking too long to find mail, all on Rob), and they lost.

I have to say, part of the interest of the show just dropped off for me. I still have favorites among the remaining teams, and I certainly have my least favorite. The big sting is that the most annoying among them is the team that did Rob & Amber in. I can't STAND the drama out of Charla and Mirna, the whining, the crying about being disadvantaged (when they've used Charla's size to their advantage previously).

Oh well. Rob and Amber at least bowed out gracefully in their "going away" speeches. I wonder if Charla and Mirna will be graceful in theirs (because I don't see them winning).

My top teams are now: Uchenna and Joyce, Teri and Ian, Dustin and Kandice. Okay, so I didn't narrow it down much, did i?
    "The key to keep away is having a lot of extra hats at home..."

+ Reply to Thread

LinkBacks (?)

1. 04-24-2007, 05:53 AM