+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2/25 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Did anyone else notice the faces U was making after the first challenge? Joyce was the one that did it because she said she's more observant. But then it took her forever, and later in the taxi, she was talking about it. U kept making faces - didn't say anything - but was making all kinds of faces. I thought that was pretty rude of him. Could also explain some of the problems they're having.

FORT Fan
    This has been an interesting season for me. I really enjoyed Charla/Mirna in their season, for they provided much entertainment with their frequent disputes with abrasive Colin. That time round, I was support Charla/Mirna in their disputes against Colin.

However, as Dustin/Kandice are my second favourite team after 10 seasons, I suddenly feel that Charla/Mirna are unreasonable and are always picking up fights for no apparent reasons, really.

However, I disliked how the leg was arranged this leg. I always felt it redundant putting a task in one place, only to ask the teams to fly off, only to get all the teams bunched again. That was precisely why last season finale suck. However, I must admit the puzzle roadblock was one of the most interesting task across all TAR.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutMom;2257469;
    Did anyone else notice the faces U was making after the first challenge? Joyce was the one that did it because she said she's more observant. But then it took her forever, and later in the taxi, she was talking about it. U kept making faces - didn't say anything - but was making all kinds of faces. I thought that was pretty rude of him. Could also explain some of the problems they're having.
    Yep! Noticed that! Somehow, Uchenna/Joyce seem less likable this season. Could be due to the minimal airtime though.

Quote Originally Posted by xtremist;2257498;
    This has been an interesting season for me. I really enjoyed Charla/Mirna in their season, for they provided much entertainment with their frequent disputes with abrasive Colin. That time round, I was support Charla/Mirna in their disputes against Colin.

However, as Dustin/Kandice are my second favourite team after 10 seasons, I suddenly feel that Charla/Mirna are unreasonable and are always picking up fights for no apparent reasons, really.
    Interesting, but not for the reason that you're giving.

Your choice of words indicates that you clearly didn't like Colin and Christie.. therefore you supportive Charla and Mirna as they were the foil to your unlikeable racer. But since you like Dustin and Kandace all of a sudden Charla and Mirna are "unreasonable and always picking fights."

Charla and Mirna are the same as they were the first time around. They haven't changed at all and they're just as loud as abrasive. I think it's just your perspective that's changed.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar
    I think that is what xtremist was trying to say? That their perspective has changed based on who Charla and Mirna are up against. That's what I saw when I read it.
    I think I have the same thing with Uchenna and Joyce, to some extent.. though the first time around, the only reason I wanted Romber to lose was because they had already won Survivor allstars, and I preferred to see some nobodies win it.

Race lessons learned this leg: Mirna can lose control, but Charla has her back; Teri and Ian seem more mellow this time round; physical, degenerative pain (Drew) can seriously hamper mood and energy; Rob and Amber are staying off the radar as much as possible; Oswald tears up at nature's beauty; David and Mary are still social. but being helpful is wearing thin; Dustin and Kandace continue to lose their way, though recover nicely; Joe and Bill read but forget to follow clues; Eric and Danielle are working well together; A visible crack is starting to appear in Uchenna and Joyce's working together strategy.

As the race strain esculates, so do the interpersonal frictions. This is all-stars for the personalities, not abilities...and it is providing this viewer with all the drama I could ask for in a TV series. Now - I'm looking for the comedic bits to offset. You want dirty, exhausted, cranky adults - we'll give you dirty, exhasted, cranky racers.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2257583;
    Interesting, but not for the reason that you're giving.

Your choice of words indicates that you clearly didn't like Colin and Christie.. therefore you supportive Charla and Mirna as they were the foil to your unlikeable racer. But since you like Dustin and Kandace all of a sudden Charla and Mirna are "unreasonable and always picking fights."

Charla and Mirna are the same as they were the first time around. They haven't changed at all and they're just as loud as abrasive. I think it's just your perspective that's changed.
    I know I sure despised Colin & Christie and loved Charla & Mirna back in season 5. However, I also love Dustin & Kandice, and though I do think Mirna seriously needs to relax, I still love her and Charla just as I did before, so no perspective change for me. Watching two of my favorite three teams of this season bickering like that feels like a stab in the back, and yet I still love both teams.

I liked Dustin and Kandice last season, but they just seem to be missing something this time around. I can't put my finger on it, but they don't have the charisma or something they had before.

Charla and Mirna annoyed me the last time they raced, and they're annoying me even more now!

Although I didn't care for Terri and Ian their last go-round, I find myself liking them this time.

Didn't like Romber last time; didn't like them on Survivor; don't like them now.

I liked Joyce and Uchena last time; don't like them now.

So what's up? I don't know what all this means, except I don't seem to like too many people, do I?

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;2257796;
    I know I sure despised Colin & Christie and loved Charla & Mirna back in season 5. However, I also love Dustin & Kandice, and though I do think Mirna seriously needs to relax, I still love her and Charla just as I did before, so no perspective change for me. Watching two of my favorite three teams of this season bickering like that feels like a stab in the back, and yet I still love both teams.
    Same here. Like you, I wish they'd get along, because I hate to see two of my favorites going at it. I think C/M were uncalled for with their remarks about D/K. But I'll still be rooting for them both and if the beauty queens don't win, then I hope C/M do. I couldn't stand Colin/Christie during TAR5, though on many repeat viewings I grew to like them. But Mirna needs to settle down before she explodes.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by winelover;2257113;
    If I see Mirna screech at one more person, I'm going to personally jump into my TV and strangle her. She is by far the MOST annoying person on TV EVER!!!!! And what hippocrits - calling other teams mean when they are the WORST.

I love Rob and Amber and Danny and Oswald. Hope they both go far. U/J get on my nerves as well as Kentucky.

The thing I like about Romber is that they do the task without worrying about the other teams. Not once can I remember one of them every turning around and saying "so and so is here." The other teams should concentrate on their task and not worry about where or what the others are doing.
    Heh.. that reminded me of Mary standing there letting David do all the work last show. As hes getting all the lug nuts on and such.. shes standing htere waving her wrench and saying .. ohh look there goes so and so.

I couldnt help thinking.. so what.. do some damn work!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

FORT Fogey
    I think Colin & Rob are a pretty good matchup for each other, but the dynamics of the relationships, as well as a comparison of the females, give Rob & Amber a clear edge. Still, Colin & Christie are one of the better teams missing this season.

+ Reply to Thread