+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2/25 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Another plus for Romber is their ability to get off the mark quickly. By that, I mean when the teams are bunched up at the airport/wherever, looking for transport they always seem to come out first. Or else waiting to get into someplace they really hustle. They always seem to be thinking ahead too.
    I very much believe in rescuing animals, not buying them.

Candice Bergen, on finding her dog, Lois, a terrier/basset hound mix

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2256524;
    Mirna definitely needs to chill and pace herself it is a long race.

I totally agree with your statement, I could not believe that she said the name of the place out loud and then David accuses was it Drew of eavesdropping. Oh come on he was standing not more than 2 ft from her and she said it out loud. How stupid can you get. Then to expect people in this race to act like doormats like the Cho brothers did. Can someone hit that woman in the head with a brick and tell her to wake up.

A big to both statements.

Mirna needs to get over herself and her holier then thou attitude about everyone in this race. David and Mary need to wise up. I can't believe they are going into this race as dumb as they were on their first one. If you say things out loud in a normal voice people don't need to eavesdrop, they are merely standing there. And not expecting to be passed on the road? Oh come on, is everyone you help merely to follow along behind you because you helped them once?

Glad Kevin and Drew are gone. They were like nails on a black board this episode. As was Rob. I can handle Amber but Rob gets on my nerves. His voice, his mannerisms, his face everything about the man is annoying.
    Last edited by nlmcp; 02-26-2007 at 11:24 AM.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Are the eliminated teams showing up on the Early Show this season?
    What?! Am I still here?

Kevin and Drew showed up this morning on the Early Show. JV and Jill did not show up last week, or I never saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2256316;
    I like Rob and Amber's strategy is that it is us and the course and they don't worry about the other teams although the other teams sure worry about them.
    I don't know. They seem to talk an awful lot about not worrying about what other teams think of them... which makes me think they do just that.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by spockwhat;2256668;
    to what you just said there: "having Amber do it with him". I shook my head when he stood there ordering "Ambah, get the packs out of the carh." But hey, if she doesn't mind that sort of thing, who am I to say she shouldn't let him order her around? Perhaps they spent some time practicing that before the race too: "Hey Ambah, get the groceries out of the carh... Hey Ambah, get the luggage out of the carh."
    Overall, I have a like/hate thing with them myself, and respect the fact that they actually race to win, and they are mildly entertaining, so I'm cool with them sticking around a while.
    Wow, you are in for a long season if that particular incident bothered you. At the time Rob asked Amber to get the packs out of the car, he was paying the taxi driver. It was a smart player thinking about the time. Things would go faster, no doubt, if Amber gets the packs while Rob paid the driver. I don't know why this was such a big deal, but it is clear CBS edited it that way to get the same reaction you did.

Rob and Amber are so far ahead of the other teams it is scary. The only team I think that has a shot to beat them is Oswald and Danny.

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowWindy;2256736;
    I don't know. They seem to talk an awful lot about not worrying about what other teams think of them... which makes me think they do just that.
    Personally, I think it is part of his strategy. Like at the airport ticket counter where Eric went from back of the line to the front of the line when a new agent showed up. Rob likes to stir up trouble that is part of his 'mental' strategy. He said it to Amber that he likes to stir things up. Again in the confessionals he puts his game face on and tells us a story.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;2256200;
    Was Mirna such a screaming psycho on her season? She can't go away fast enough for me.
    Yes she was.

I was praying her/Charla or David/Mary would go this week.. but hell I will take the 2 huge blubbering babies. I haven't been so happy to see a team go.. ever now that I think about it.

WTF Is up with David and Mary anyway?? Do they want every other team to just let them win? If they, or at least Mary, are/is the fan of the show they claim to be.. she would know not to trust Mirna. Come on now.. Mirna is only going to do what is best for Mirna. I am not sure what was worse her Cab tirade or the step stool one. I just sat there shaking my head at her all night. I can't wait for the day she is gone as well. I would RATHER have Romber around!! He knows he is being a smartass, and does it just to get to people. That is funny.. he's still a famewhore with a trophy wife (who I might add grew a set this year, good for her!) and I still can't stand him but he knows what he's doing. I really think that Mirna has no idea she's such a raving witch!
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;2256564;
    I was floored when I heard that CBS apparently gets more fan mail about U/J and Oswald/Danny than any other team. Oswald/Danny I can understand. But I just don't get the appeal with U/J. She shaved her head, they had a sob story, but what team hasn't? To me, they will always be a less funnier version of Chip/Kim and I would have loved to have seen those two back if they wanted to include winners (and to be honest, I could have cared less if winners were included since I only ever really liked less than half of them). And the same goes for David/Mary. I'm still trying to figure out where they're popularity came from. But that aside, they don't stand a chance. There are plenty of other popular teams that could hold their own at least. David/Mary have lucked out this race so far, since they have no alliance to carry them. I don't think the other teams are weaker than them and can easily beat them because they don't need an alliance to drag them through the race.
    I totally loved Oswald and Danny when they originally raced. They had great chemistry and when they raced it was fun and I wished I was with them.

I just don't get Uchenna and Joyce. I don't get their popularity and it is almost comical to see them race cause they think they have great racing skills and they both suck. As far as the shaving the hair crying fit. She acted as if someone had died. Get over it. I would have done it in a minute, after all it grows back. Can you just feel all the luv I have for Joyce?
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2256431;
    FYI about Uchenna and Joyce. I saw them on What Not To Wear this summer and they stated that they had had a lot of problems with their marriage and that Joyce had sacrificed alot to leave Hollywood and follow Uchenna to Texas and now that they had won TAR they were planning on moving back to LA so Joyce could try to restart her acting career. That was one reason why Uchenna had gotten Joyce on What Not To Wear, so she would know that he is supporting her decision to return to acting and be successful. I just feel that this couple is on the last leg of their marriage and that they want to win so they can split the proceeds and part ways with a a nest egg and no debt, clean and sweet.

I disagree that the money will help them. They said they were having serious marriage problems when they raced before. They said they were hoping the race would bring them closer together and help repair the marriage. They also said if they won, they would spend the money on in vitro and they seemed to think that having a baby would fix everything. If they are still having marital trouble, winning again isn't going to help. I think it might even be their sympathy card. I like them, but I don't want them to win again. They are a lovely couple but I don't think they should have won the first time. The raw deal with the plane still sticks in my craw.

+ Reply to Thread