+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 21 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2/25 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;2256506;
    Much as I continue to love Mirna, she seriously needs to relax, that little tirade with the taxi driver was actually scary. I still don't see what Dustin & Kandice did wrong, it's still just a race, and even though I could certainly understand Charla & Mirna's point, they could have solved things a lot easier than that.
    Mirna definitely needs to chill and pace herself it is a long race.

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant;2256506;
    David & Mary, or at least just Mary, came across as such an absolute moron. First she starts up the alliance talk again, then she does a 180 and takes me completely by surprise when she comes up with an excellent strategy for the Roadblock, then ruins it by saying the answer out loud so kevin heard it, and later, once more comes across as totally brainless with that tirade about Charla & Mirna passing them. They're on their way to the Pitstop, it's a race for a million dollars! If Mary simply expected Charla & Mirna to roll over and serve as a carpet for David & Mary to step on the mat first, then she truly is this race's biggest idiot.
    I totally agree with your statement, I could not believe that she said the name of the place out loud and then David accuses was it Drew of eavesdropping. Oh come on he was standing not more than 2 ft from her and she said it out loud. How stupid can you get. Then to expect people in this race to act like doormats like the Cho brothers did. Can someone hit that woman in the head with a brick and tell her to wake up.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2256519;
    Personally, I never liked this couple and honestly think they only won because they were lucky and not good racers and I don't like seeing people who have already won this race go for it again, give some other deserving team a chance.
    I don't like them either. The only reason I cared about them the first time was because they beat Rob/Amber. I've never had a problem with teams that won competing again. To me that's the same as them excluding teams after a certain point because they didn't make it far enough. But luck is a huge factor in this race, even more so on the last leg. I don't want them to win, but I'd like to see them outlast Rob/Amber, Kentucky, and Teri/Ian. After that they can go, followed by Eric/Danielle, and the Guidos.

FORT Fan
    I know people don't like ROMBER but from a pure standpoint of racing ability they are above and beyond majority of the other racers and I can appreciate that. They are competitive and smart.

They really shoudl of won their season of TAR not for the illegal pullback of the terminal walkway. pretty ironic today when they just missed the boarding but the plane was still there they couldn't pull it back, but it wasn't the final 2 so cbs didn't have to intervene and what not.

Anyone else thing that was ironic?

and where the hell are bj and tyler

I forgot TAR was on during the Oscars. So I read through this whole thread, then read the recap on cbs.com. It's funny that Joe & Bill weren't mentioned on either one. All the other pairs have at least someone who loves or hates them.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;2256530;
    I don't like them either. The only reason I cared about them the first time was because they beat Rob/Amber. I've never had a problem with teams that won competing again. To me that's the same as them excluding teams after a certain point because they didn't make it far enough. But luck is a huge factor in this race, even more so on the last leg. I don't want them to win, but I'd like to see them outlast Rob/Amber, Kentucky, and Teri/Ian. After that they can go, followed by Eric/Danielle, and the Guidos.
    Wow, glad you cleared that up. I read somewhere that the reason they got asked to participate in All-Stars was because they were one of the most popular teams. Uchenna/Joyce and David/Mary will never, ever be on my Hit Parade.

I can see U/J beating Kentucky but its a crap shoot after that.

Rob and Amber; I have a real hate/respect thing going on with the Robfather, they are tough to beat. Of all the teams there I think they take it very seriously and train for it. Which when I watch, TAR and Survivor it always takes me by surprise how many of the contestents do not incorporate a training program. To hear some contestents say they took swimming lessons at the Y and scuba lessons and watched the shows. That is going to help how? I can see someone like Rob, running everyday, eating right and having Amber do it with him as well as studying countries, foods, languages etc...

Anyway I gotta go beddie bye... nighty night
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Something about Mirna struck me as ACTING for the cameras. While she's always been more confrontational than others, she was just overdoing it. I can understand why she was upset with the BQ's, but as soon as they left, she was still an emotional wreck and the waterworks was just beyond over dramatic.

David & Mary are nice people, but they need to stop it with the "friends" thing. Its getting old at this point and they should have realized that there are people here for the competition. They won't find themselves another pair of Chos and need to just compete for and by themselves. If they keep continuing this pattern, I hope they get eliminated next. I also don't get why David was sooo upset about Drew removing their bags from First Class. They aren't on 1st Class so stop putting your bags there and in terms of playing dirty, they should expect it considering they did lie to the BQ's in the first leg.

I liked Kevin & Drew on their season, but they were aggravating to watch and I'm glad they were eliminated. Drew (??) was just in no shape to compete anymore and while they were entertaining in their limited moments, 2 episodes are enough for me.

Everything else about this episode was alright, but does Danielle know how to say anything? I can't remember a single thing she's said in the last two episodes, more reasons that CBS should have maintained the original Frat Boys team. Was there a reason why Jeremy couldn't come?

FORT Newbie
    Hated Mary's behavior at the detour and towards Mirna and Charla. Right, Mary, tell your husband whatever when tried to make you put the lugs on right. Go right ahead and do it it wrong and come in almost last. I got to say if Mary thinks her brain power is going to win them the race she's going to find herself in Loser Town pretty darn soon. And damn the cousins for trying to win, apparently the Cho brothers need to sit Mirna and Charla down and explain how true friends work in a race.
    Rob doesn't bother me. Good job going from last to first during the leg. I certainly find him less irksome then grouchy Drew, pissy MARY, and so forth. Actually I think it's cool that he and the Chas are bonding.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2256543;
    Wow, glad you cleared that up. I read somewhere that the reason they got asked to participate in All-Stars was because they were one of the most popular teams. Uchenna/Joyce and David/Mary will never, ever be on my Hit Parade.

I can see U/J beating Kentucky but its a crap shoot after that.

Rob and Amber; I have a real hate/respect thing going on with the Robfather, they are tough to beat. Of all the teams there I think they take it very seriously and train for it. Which when I watch, TAR and Survivor it always takes me by surprise how many of the contestents do not incorporate a training program. To hear some contestents say they took swimming lessons at the Y and scuba lessons and watched the shows. That is going to help how? I can see someone like Rob, running everyday, eating right and having Amber do it with him as well as studying countries, foods, languages etc...

Anyway I gotta go beddie bye... nighty night
    I was floored when I heard that CBS apparently gets more fan mail about U/J and Oswald/Danny than any other team. Oswald/Danny I can understand. But I just don't get the appeal with U/J. She shaved her head, they had a sob story, but what team hasn't? To me, they will always be a less funnier version of Chip/Kim and I would have loved to have seen those two back if they wanted to include winners (and to be honest, I could have cared less if winners were included since I only ever really liked less than half of them). And the same goes for David/Mary. I'm still trying to figure out where they're popularity came from. But that aside, they don't stand a chance. There are plenty of other popular teams that could hold their own at least. David/Mary have lucked out this race so far, since they have no alliance to carry them. I don't think the other teams are weaker than them and can easily beat them because they don't need an alliance to drag them through the race.
    Last edited by karalott; 02-26-2007 at 03:49 AM.

Phil was asked to make the list. So, blame Phil for some of the choices.

chavy chaf chaf Asteroids Champion, Bejeweled 2 Champion, GalaGalaGa Champion, Add It Up Champion, Beat The Meter Champion, BejeweledŽ 2 Action Champion, Little Protectors Champion spockwhat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2256543;

Rob and Amber; I have a real hate/respect thing going on with the Robfather, they are tough to beat. Of all the teams there I think they take it very seriously and train for it. Which when I watch, TAR and Survivor it always takes me by surprise how many of the contestents do not incorporate a training program. To hear some contestents say they took swimming lessons at the Y and scuba lessons and watched the shows. That is going to help how? I can see someone like Rob, running everyday, eating right and having Amber do it with him as well as studying countries, foods...
    to what you just said there: "having Amber do it with him". I shook my head when he stood there ordering "Ambah, get the packs out of the carh." But hey, if she doesn't mind that sort of thing, who am I to say she shouldn't let him order her around? Perhaps they spent some time practicing that before the race too: "Hey Ambah, get the groceries out of the carh... Hey Ambah, get the luggage out of the carh."
    Overall, I have a like/hate thing with them myself, and respect the fact that they actually race to win, and they are mildly entertaining, so I'm cool with them sticking around a while.

Rob Amber, Danny Oswald, and Eric Danielle have definitely proven that they are teams to watch, though the strength of Eric Danielle surprises me. And the Guidos story is suspiciously absent thus far, so I expect them to be in a LONG time.

I love the dramafreaknastiness of Charla and Mirna. They keep me entertained. Nothing wrong with that. The BQ's are really good racers but I tire of their white pasted smiles, their egos and their laughs. UGH. Their laughs. All those teeth.

My favourites are Teri/Ian... they ran a leg fraught with mistakes, but they kept their cool, and unlike Joyce, Ian took full credit for their loss at the roadblock. If they keep their cool and focus, (though darn it, I want him to yell "Hump it!"), they will be in a long time I hope.

Least favourites are Uchenna and Joyce by far... and they gave me more reason to dislike them this leg. They are poor racers and I didn't care for them much last time either.

So anyone think Mary will finally get it through her head it's time to race on their own? Think this leg was a wake up call? I'm hoping, but I won't hold my breath.

+ Reply to Thread