+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021 LastLast

Thread: 2/25 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    From the previews we see eric and danielle, it looked like they were alone and in first place and trying to get even more ahead.

I like Eric... I hope him and Danielle make it to final three, along with Dustin and Candice. But other then that... I could care less who the last person is to be in final three.

Fort Fashion Expert Kirsten1526's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian Pyke;2256379;
    From the previews we see eric and danielle, it looked like they were alone and in first place and trying to get even more ahead.

I like Eric... I hope him and Danielle make it to final three, along with Dustin and Candice. But other then that... I could care less who the last person is to be in final three.
    Oh yay, I really like Eric and Danielle. They are my favorite team.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian Pyke;2256379;

I wouldn't mind Eric/Danielle in the final 3, I just don't want them to win. I think it'll be a load of crock if a team that was a non team in the first place wins this thing

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;2256404;
    I wouldn't mind Eric/Danielle in the final 3, I just don't want them to win. I think it'll be a load of crock if a team that was a non team in the first place wins this thing
    I just don't think that will happen the top 8 teams are so competitive and it is very obvious that physically weaker teams like Dave and Mary and Mirna and Charla will have a very tough time and I expect one of them to go next. The entire feeling of the race is much more intense this time.

FYI about Uchenna and Joyce. I saw them on What Not To Wear this summer and they stated that they had had a lot of problems with their marriage and that Joyce had sacrificed alot to leave Hollywood and follow Uchenna to Texas and now that they had won TAR they were planning on moving back to LA so Joyce could try to restart her acting career. That was one reason why Uchenna had gotten Joyce on What Not To Wear, so she would know that he is supporting her decision to return to acting and be successful. I just feel that this couple is on the last leg of their marriage and that they want to win so they can split the proceeds and part ways with a a nest egg and no debt, clean and sweet.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2256431;
    I just don't think that will happen the top 8 teams are so competitive and it is very obvious that physically weaker teams like Dave and Mary and Mirna and Charla will have a very tough time and I expect one of them to go next. The entire feeling of the race is much more intense this time.

FYI about Uchenna and Joyce. I saw them on What Not To Wear this summer and they stated that they had had a lot of problems with their marriage and that Joyce had sacrificed alot to leave Hollywood and follow Uchenna to Texas and now that they had won TAR they were planning on moving back to LA so Joyce could try to restart her acting career. That was one reason why Uchenna had gotten Joyce on What Not To Wear, so she would know that he is supporting her decision to return to acting and be successful. I just feel that this couple is on the last leg of their marriage and that they want to win so they can split the proceeds and part ways with a a nest egg and no debt, clean and sweet.
    I'm a little confused by your first statement. Are you saying you don't think it'll happen in that Eric/Danielle won't win or you think they will win (and therefore you don't think I'll get my wish )

I didn't watch that What Not to Wear episode but I heard a lot about it, mostly because of Joyce's divatude and how rude she was to Uchenna, who came across as very loving and supporting to her. Many seemed shock to see that side to her.

Can't say I was sorry to see the Frats go tonight, especially Drew. I'm not sure what happened to the fun-loving guys from the first season. Somehow Drew turned into a miserable sour person. Walking away from the mat like that, before Phil has a chance to eliminate them? Even if you are terribly disappointed, have some balls and follow through. His whining about David and Mary's backpacks and first class was weak too. If he were Rob, he'd probably just put his up there as well rather than freak out about it. Mr. Sweetpea mentioned that he thought Drew looked sick more than anything, so maybe it was just weakness and ill-health that has led to what seems to be such a drastic personality change.

I was *not* liking Mirna and Schmirna tonight either. All that screeching at the side of the road while other teams pass you by? Stupid racing, girls. They knew they were ahead of the other teams, so go ahead and let the BQs follow you, and then work it later to even things out. It could have cost them the game if the others didn't get lost.

Oh, and Mary saying she's not going to be friends with anyone any more? GAHHHHH!!! Lady, when are you going to get it? It's a RAAACCEEEEE. I'm so tired of her helping and waiting for people and acting like it's a Sunday stroll through the park. These people are not your BFF's they are there to win a million dollars. Oh, and the reasoning that they needed to go right because that sign had "more words" - ???? They are not long for this race.

Still loving Rob and Amber. Loved also how they can have a disagreement (Rob not liking how Amber defended Eric and the ticket counter while also calling him on his behaviour) but do so without freaking out at each other. They work so well together. Not sure if they will win this race (that would be too good to be true) but I hope I continue to see them behave well towards each other and the locals until they leave. Notice also how Rob didn't freak out at the ticket counter when they wouldn't let them on the flight? Say what you will about him, but he keeps it together pretty well. At least he doesn't hurt my eardrums like Mirna and her pseudo-Spanish shrieking and gesticulating.

Loved the task in the board room, and who would think that Mary would be smart enough to write down all the names on the pictures right away? I can't believe that Joyce didn't notice people standing in front of that picture writing things down, and then immediately leaving. She wasn't kidding when she said her powers of observation were lacking during that task.

I was pretty worried when they seemed able to drive right up to the mat. I wonder what the rules were there, how far along you could drive before you ran?

I don't mind Eric. Not crazy about Dannielle. She and her partner (Dani?) were NOT strong racers in their season, so she's just lucky she hooked up with one. I still don't really *like* the BQs but I do respect their racing ability. I really liked Joyce and Uchenna in their season, but I don't want them to win. Hope their marriage is ok though. Having dealt with infertility in my life, I know how much it can affect a relationship and how stressful and all-consuming it can be. I wish them nothing but the best.

Anyone know the $$ amounts the teams get for ARAS, based on order of elimination? Is it more than the regular season, a la Survivor AS?

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;2256456;
    I'm a little confused by your first statement. Are you saying you don't think it'll happen in that Eric/Danielle won't win or you think they will win (and therefore you don't think I'll get my wish )
    Let me clarify. I think Dave and Mary, Charla and Mirna are non teams, especially in comparison to the rest of the competitors. I do not think Dave and Mary or Mirna and Charla have a chance at all of winning this race.

I also do not think Uchenna and Joyce have a lot of heart left in them to function as a team and while they are young and heathly I think their inner dynamics as a couple will self destruct their team and I also cannot see them as top 3 material.

The rest of the teams seem to be on relative equal footing and it will be a matter of bad taxis and bad navigation that will determine if they will win or lose.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;2256456;
    I didn't watch that What Not to Wear episode but I heard a lot about it, mostly because of Joyce's divatude and how rude she was to Uchenna, who came across as very loving and supporting to her. Many seemed shock to see that side to her.
    Joyce came across as very detacted and ready to shed her old life and go back to Hollywood. It seemed as if she wanted to shed Uchenna also as the life he promised her did not happen. He wants to try. She is ready to quit. I can see it in the game (All-Stars);she is not taking making mistakes too much to heart like she used to.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2256477;
    Let me clarify. I think Dave and Mary, Charla and Mirna are non teams, especially in comparison to the rest of the competitors. I do not think Dave and Mary or Mirna and Charla have a chance at all of winning this race.

I also do not think Uchenna and Joyce have a lot of heart left in them to function as a team and while they are young and heathly I think their inner dynamics as a couple will self destruct their team and I also cannot see them as top 3 material.

The rest of the teams seem to be on relative equal footing and it will be a matter of bad taxis and bad navigation that will determine if they will win or lose.
    Thank you for clarifying, though I do disagree on what a non team is. At least David/Mary, Charla/Mirna and the rest raced together before and I'd rather see Kentucky win over Eric/Danielle. Had Danielle not hooked up with Eric who knows who we would have seen. I just don't agree with that form of stunt casting and especially don't think she's deserving to win because she was eliminated fourth. She's not a good racer but she got lucky she's paired up with one, because that's the only way she's going to get herself far in this race.

Regarding Joyce, I guess I didn't really put much into the episode of What Not to Wear, other than I was also shocked to hear how rude she was. I don't really think relationship trouble will hinder them. We've seen a lot of couples with tension make it very far into the race (in fact, you can pretty much bank on them making it to the final 4). I think U/J have what it takes to make it far, and Joyce hasn't really given me any indication that her heart's not in it.
    Last edited by karalott; 02-26-2007 at 12:51 AM.

Eh, at this point I decided to stop caring what the hell Mariano and his trophy wife are doing, though mainly because I can barely understand a word he says. It was funny how even Amber agreed that he was overdoing the stupidity tonight.

Much as I continue to love Mirna, she seriously needs to relax, that little tirade with the taxi driver was actually scary. I still don't see what Dustin & Kandice did wrong, it's still just a race, and even though I could certainly understand Charla & Mirna's point, they could have solved things a lot easier than that.

Kevin & Drew, I'm actually glad they're gone, or at least Drew. He was so miserable during the entire race, and so utterly useless, especially with how he stupidly almost ran down poor Kevin, and his walking away from the mat and was just incredibly disrespectful.

David & Mary, or at least just Mary, came across as such an absolute moron. First she starts up the alliance talk again, then she does a 180 and takes me completely by surprise when she comes up with an excellent strategy for the Roadblock, then ruins it by saying the answer out loud so kevin heard it, and later, once more comes across as totally brainless with that tirade about Charla & Mirna passing them. They're on their way to the Pitstop, it's a race for a million dollars! If Mary simply expected Charla & Mirna to roll over and serve as a carpet for David & Mary to step on the mat first, then she truly is this race's biggest idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott;2256501;
    Regarding Joyce, I guess I didn't really put much into the episode of What Not to Wear, other than I was also shocked to hear how rude she was. I don't really think relationship trouble will hinder them. We've seen a lot of couples with tension make it very far into the race (in fact, you can pretty much bank on them making it to the final 4). I think U/J have what it takes to make it far, and Joyce hasn't really given me any indication that her heart's not in it.
    Personally, I never liked this couple and honestly think they only won because they were lucky and not good racers and I don't like seeing people who have already won this race go for it again, give some other deserving team a chance.

+ Reply to Thread